Wed, Sep 18, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: M4~WM and Kids4~WM Project at PoserPlace: Home of Phantom3D

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2021 at 6:16 PM

A small flatten brush pass into jcm with either Blender, mudbox, or Zbrush would fix that K4 weightmap genital crease mirage right up. With absolutely 0 impact on the figures scene overhead, relatively speaking ;)

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 4:23 PM

I have a copy of Beta 2 of the Poser Place M4-WM.  As beta testers, we of course weren't supposed to distribute it until the final version was released, but that obviously never happened. 

The included license file says it is released under CC 3.0 license, but the document itself only mentions V4-WM.  If there is a consensus that it is OK to distribute, I could put it up. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 4:50 PM

I have that beta also, somehow it did make it into one of the releases and I've generated an M4-WM.  The only feature that is absent is the clothing conversion half of the script.  I'm all for having that beta available to everyone else if they have Poser Place.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 5:14 PM
Is there any advantage to the weight-mapped version? JoePublic had a post in this thread (now deleted, perhaps because of child nudity?) saying that the K4 figure was so well rigged there was no real advantage to weight-mapping it.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 10:26 PM

Yes, that was his assessment through demonstrating the difference between the original model and his modified version.  Just a little wrinkling around the hip/crotch area in severe poses.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2021 at 2:30 PM
WandW posted at 4:23 PM Sun, 24 October 2021 - #4429327

I have a copy of Beta 2 of the Poser Place M4-WM.  As beta testers, we of course weren't supposed to distribute it until the final version was released, but that obviously never happened. 

The included license file says it is released under CC 3.0 license, but the document itself only mentions V4-WM.  If there is a consensus that it is OK to distribute, I could put it up. 

Please do

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2021 at 4:07 PM

Historically the DAZ children figures always received the best and most advanced rigging as they were the last to be issued.

Their base meshes were often also more "stylized", which also helps with rigging.

If the Poser-Place crew wants to use my weightmapped Kids 4 as a base to issue their own figure complete with Outfitter, I won't mind sending them a copy. Just contact me via PM.

But you'd have to check the cr2 for errors, as I think during the various re-saves I did something messed up the injection channels.

Just letting Poser copy my weightmaps over to a "fresh" cr2 probably won't work, as this will mess with the rigging.

(My "secret ingredience" are strong bulge-maps settings to fight the "ballooning-butt" syndrome in my rigs)

I just don't have the energy anymore to create a properly distributeable figure myself, so that's all I can offer.

@randym77: I can still see the demo pic myself (I used no textures and set the colors to green resp. blue, so no actual "nudity" was displayed), but perhaps Rendo now has a "shadowban" setting ? Lol !

But then, I had a render removed years ago, because the figure sculpt shown was based on a real woman, who, while clearly being in her mid/late 20's according to body type and face, didn't have the XXXXL boobs associated with "proper" adult Poser meshes.

;-)

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2021 at 2:55 PM

I added the M4WM beta to my folder of Poser Place files, which is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXcGlDMkdYVVhtd3c?resourcekey=0-ME4E5TSyPHVV4I89wDRxYg&usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:24 AM

Thank you

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.