Sat, Oct 5, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Ready to bone

ngeorge9757 ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 7:27 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 6:10 PM

file_224990.jpg

I pieced up this figure for a fun little animation I'm working on. This weekend I am going to work on the textures and bones. All the clothing except the pants are now just .obj props. Does anyone know of any good tutorials on boneing in Pro Pack?

Wadus ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 7:45 PM

there is a Rhino to Poser tut up in the Rhino forum, it has info on boneing in Poser that might help ya.

jamball77 ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 8:45 PM

oh it's easy! you import your figure into Poser. Click on the setup tab at the topright then open another mike. what you'll see is his skeleton. drag it over the top of your figure be sure that it looks like it's positioned correctly by opening a multi view. be sure to check it from the front side and top. the manual is quite useful for this simple task. by using the bones from mike you'll get all the joints right. be sure to go into you hands closely as that's the toughest parts. hope that helps.

jschoen ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 11:34 PM

Very nice BTW. I have no knowledge of boning. Still alludes me :( But I wanted to say that the clothes are supurb. I'd love to get a copy of that neck line and front, It would be great to creat a kimono with it. James

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 3:43 AM

Is that an Episode 1 Jedi outfit, by any chance?

ngeorge9757 ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 4:23 AM

Thanks for the Help and encouragemet folks! You are right Jamball, boneing it was super easy... its all the setting areas and CR2 editing that kept me up all night :) then I had to use some magnets because the fitting changed. Dragon- yes it is Star Wars.. but I am going to make it similar to the Anakin costume in Episode II for an animation I am working on for the Star Wars fans. Tomorrow I will swing by the fabric store and pick up some nice fabric samples to texture with. I'll post him again when I get that part finished. If there is enough interest I'll post the outfit into the freebee section after I finish the animation project. Cheers!!

jschoen ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 11:57 AM

Thanks ngeorge! I'm waiting very patiently (fingers drumming the table top loudly). I think you will have plenty of interest in this, so please post ASAP ;-) You also may want to share the process of how you finally created and boned this peice to encourage those of us who want to do such things, but are a little squeemish about tackling something like this. Thanks again! James PS: I'm great at textures if you need any help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.