Thu, Sep 19, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: 2d image for backgrounds

mrothello ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:07 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:37 AM

I'm having trouble getting an image for my background. I went in the material room, selected the background, attached a node to the first selection, linked my image and all I get is a black background, I tried the same thing using ground. i think that's the way it used to work, but I guess it doesn't anymore.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 6:38 AM · edited Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:47 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

What software are you using?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

mrothello ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 8:46 AM · edited Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:47 PM

Poser 12 and Windows 10

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 9:58 AM · edited Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:47 PM

Did you hide the Construct?  That is the only way to view a background image.  Select the Ground prop and under Properties, untick the Visible box.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:46 PM · edited Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:47 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm going to move this to the Poser 12 forum so that more Poser users will see it and might help.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:47 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
RedPhantom has moved this thread from the Newcomer Corner forum to the Poser 12 forum as of Sunday, November 7, 2021 1:47 pm

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 1:49 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Something else to check is to make sure you don't have Transparent Background checked in your render settings.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 4:23 PM · edited Wed, 17 November 2021 at 10:22 AM

Are you trying this?

B2B6a9p5KtlW99VT2xTK4KVMY4eJWFawUxCHeUOc.png

Or did I misundertand your question?

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

patlane ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 11:51 AM · edited Wed, 17 November 2021 at 10:22 AM

Had some success with backgrounds, trial and error really. I have no idea how I got it cracked, but it works.

Here is the result in some pictures.

First is the background image loaded with the default Poser settings.

RkzCbveauVfv1YpjRHmN5mMhinFbmdJza7o6dVN7.png

The next one, I guess that the image is sort of wide screen shaped, so I stretched it two and a half times in the U_Scale settings.

After watching the image disappear from left to right on the screen, I decided to give it a minus coordinate and there it was 'all correct'.

Didn't mess with after that, so there maybe there are more options with minus coordinates.

ObvzkgkJDwaEnWireY8SnYooZH8bffXMY10GN28H.png

Hope it helps.

Pat :)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 12:38 PM

That looks like a good solution that can come in handy.  Question: does this work across the board with different image resolutions or do you see setting variations in correlation with image ratios?

patlane ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2021 at 3:14 PM

hborre

Tried it with different sized images, but all were similar wide screen image sizes.

The one in the picture was 2400 x 1350. I also used a 1200 x 500 and got the same result.

I would say I was using correlation with image ratios without knowing it. But it's a good point you make. Knowing how I did it would help the next time.

Pat :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.