Tue, Oct 22, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: My family photo's

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 10:08 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:27 AM

file_225167.jpg

WE ARE FAMILY! LOL Anyone thought of making a figure of a merkat?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 10:19 PM

These guys are really smart, They build little Mound huts and poke holes in the Mound so they can see if their predators are around, they stand erect like humans and express love in the form of hugs. I must say they are the proudest and smartest rodents Iv ever seen. Be kinda awesome if someone could transplant them to desert areas of AMERICA, I think they are from AFRICA, but they eat grasshoppers scorpions and snakes, I think they would do welllike in NEW MEXICO or PHOENIX ARIZONA if they were transplanted from AFRICA. But then the balance of nature could be upset if they are too hard on the food chain of indigenous species. Would be a neat experiment to see if they could do well wild in the USA.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 10:33 PM

Here in Phoenix Arizona we have the rattlesnakes to eat the rodents. Nature balances best when left alone.

fauve ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:01 PM

Mesh Magick: Peachfaced lovebirds originate from the same dry, desert-type areas of Africa that meerkats do. There are two or three large colonies of feral escaped lovebirds in the Phoenix area that are doing very well. Then again, those folks in Arizona might just decide it would be a great opportunity for a meerkat fry... :->

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:31 PM

There are meerkats in the National Zoo in Washington, D.C., which i have seen, and they are the best! So cute in person! And fast, too. They're maybe a foot tall when the stand up. Are you sure they're rodents?

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 2:46 AM

Yes they are, but the ones in the NC state zoo are so fat they look more like grumpy prairie dogs (they don't stand, either). The ones in DC are cooler. No, we Arizonans don't need another rodent species. We're having enough trouble keeping the black-footed ferret population alive (their role in the ecosystem is strange yet vital. Don't ask me to explain).

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 3:58 AM

Oh my, that is adorable...really nicely done....you did a great job. Sharen

nfredman ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 7:32 AM

Grumpy prairie dogs! LOL The DC ones are in the Small Animal House. They race around their enclosure like crazy. Truly busy little critters. And... so that's where the black-footed ferrets are! Been hearing about them for years, never knew where they were from.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 9:33 AM

My gosh, I've always thought they were sooooo cute! :) Laurie

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 10:58 AM

file_225169.jpg

Thought you might like another pic. No fig leaf needed here!!

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 2:56 PM

Disney got one! he hangs with funny warthog dude....least that's what my daughter tells me..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.