Sat, Sep 28, 10:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 7:17 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: 24 Days of Christmas weirdness

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2021 at 11:45 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 7:26 PM

I check on items in the giveaway every day in the morning and evening.  But despite looking every day, there were two occasions when I looked the next day, and found that I had missed two items.

This is pretty frustrating, as in both of those occasions there were items that I really wanted.

Are some items being offered for less than 24 hours?

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2021 at 12:05 PM
CHMedia has moved this thread from the Community Center forum to the MarketPlace Customer Support forum as of Wednesday, December 15, 2021 12:05 pm

-renapd- ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2021 at 4:11 PM
Site Admin

ALL items are offered for 24 hours exactly!  No exceptions!

Article gets updated daily at 10:30 AM server time - you may check the time at the top of each site page. You need to find a time at your own timezone that suits the time frame.

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 10:24 AM

That may be your intent, but it was not my experience.

Interesting renapd, it was one of your items that only appeared (for me) after it expired.

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 1:14 PM
Site Admin

All articles get published replaced at that exact same time.. you need to synchronize your time zone correctly as your calculations seem to be pretty off.

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 1:15 PM
Site Admin

Right under the Renderosity logo at the top of the page.. you can check the server time at all times. That will help you...

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2021 at 10:14 AM

I am not "calculating" anything.  I checked the website in the morning and the evening.  The items remained the same, and there was nothing that I wanted to download.  The following morning I checked again, and there were new items, but they were already expired.

This has happened twice.

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2021 at 10:43 AM
Site Admin
I have explained clearly.. there's no reason I'm afraid to continue a pointless discussion..

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2021 at 1:32 PM

I have had no problem with the promotion, but that doesn't mean the experience is the same for everyone. In the past, I have had problems with this site that apparently did not affect other visitors. I can point to weird things that go on with this site right now. IME, UnifiedBrain is a bright person who would not register a complaint unless experiencing an actual problem. With that in mind, I hope Rendo staff will provide some actual remedy better than "too bad you missed it." It's entorely possible UnifiedBrain is experiencing some weirdness with AWS, you site code, etc. So the conversation definitely has a point, if anyone actually cares enough to try to find out or to do something helpful about it.

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2021 at 10:18 PM
-renapd- posted at 10:43 AM Fri, 17 December 2021 - #4432015
I have explained clearly.. there's no reason I'm afraid to continue a pointless discussion..
Wow.  I wasn't asking for anything.  The simple fact is that your answer had nothing to do with my situation.  In the future, I will think twice before reporting a problem.

yaugt ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2021 at 6:01 AM

Not to keep stirring the pot but I experienced the same issue UnifiedBrain mentioned. I do the same as I'm several hours ahead and I'm aware that the page is updated at 10:30 am server time. Fortunately for me, I had no interest in the items I missed.

Cheers

consumer573 ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2021 at 8:14 AM

I believe I may have had a similar experience to the above in terms of take down time. I thought it was just my imagination with everything going  on.

I have one additional question, was it 24 days or 25?  I'm here in the morning on the 26th and if it was 25 everything is already gone but it should be here for a few more hours. 

I was hoping there would have been a catch up day for the items I missed. There were several I would have liked.

CharlieJudge ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2021 at 10:59 AM

Is there any chance of a catchup? Please, please please. Sadly, there doesn't seem to have been any catchup yet this year and there were a few items I missed even though I checked every day. 

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2021 at 5:05 PM

Yes, Happy with the vendors, not really happy with this particular Christmas format.  Although I tried to check everyday once I found this was going on, only got a few items every other day, and it was like "Aw I missed that one yesterday?".  More disappointment than it was worth.  Hope  they don't do  this again or that they do midnight to midnight or that they have a catch up.  I never found  out the deadline hour when things changed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.