Wed, Oct 2, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Community Newsletter Coupon not working...

Virtualeclipse ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 7:39 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Hey People!

Not sure if it's just me doing something wrong but the latest coupon code that came with this month's Community Newsletter does not seem to work for me.

Is it a Prime Members only coupon?

Somebody... anybody... please help?

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 10:49 AM

I'm not sure why you're having a problem using it, as I used it the same day I got the newsletter, and I'm not a Prime member.

Are you typing in the code, or did you copy it from the newsletter?  If you copied it, be sure you didn't include a space before, or space after the code.  I've had an extra space after now and then, and that won't work.  Now I'm very particular about checking for the empty spaces when I copy it from the newsletter.

Other than that, I can't think of why it's not working for you.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

cloudwatcher ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 4:17 PM

I am also unable to use it. I keep getting "You do not have permission to use this coupon" even though I think I've picked something that meets all the fine print criteria, except for being on sale. Does the coupon apply ONLY to things that are on sale? 

I've tried looking at my newsletter settings, but I keep clicking the "Emma" button and getting nothing in my inbox, so I can't even see if it's a problem with the subscription, or sign up for the newsletter if it is.

Virtualeclipse ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 4:59 PM

@cloudwatcher  Yes! That is the exact same issue I keep getting into! This has never happened to me before... Can somebody from Renderosity chime in?

cloudwatcher ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 6:34 PM

I guess the 2nd question is - is this the right place for this post, or should it go in marketplace support? It was the community newsletter, so I wasn't sure.

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 6:43 PM

I also had the exact same issue so I thought it was just my comp acting up or I chose the wrong thing. I hope they either fix it or issue a new one that does work.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 1:04 PM · edited Sun, 06 February 2022 at 1:07 PM

I don't know if this is related but everytime I delete a sitemail using the delete button within that sitemail... I get a "You don't have permission to view that discussion" but the sitemail gets deleted from my list of sitemails. From what I was told it only gets hidden from me and not entirely deleted, anyways what I'm asking is to maybe get rid of that Negative Nancy message or replace it with "Have a wonderful day!" lol

Happy Sunday!

cloudwatcher ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 5:21 PM

Lol! I'd have a MORE wonderful day if I could get a discount on the model I want to buy 😁

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 5:29 PM
CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2022 at 2:57 PM

Please ensure that you are subscribed to the community newsletter to use the coupon.

cloudwatcher ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2022 at 3:35 PM · edited Mon, 07 February 2022 at 3:40 PM

I have two accounts. An old one I don't use anymore which was subscribed to the community newsletter and received the email, and my current one which was not subscribed to the community newsletter at the time.

But I have now subscribed from this account as well, although I haven't received anything yet.

The coupon will not work on either of the accounts. Not this one, not the one that received it. I get the same message in both places.

The item I'm trying to buy is Lori from Krashwerks. Eligible for coupons, not Prime, not clearance, not bundled, not any of the other things the fine print says it's not allowed to be used on.

How would I even get the code if I wasn't subscribed? (Other than cheating, I mean...)  I assume that if it's being sent to me I should be eligible to use it, no?

Virtualeclipse ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2022 at 8:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed to the newsletter... I did get it on my registered e-mail...

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2022 at 3:26 PM

I looked for your email on this account. It was not subscribed. Please try adding it again.

cloudwatcher posted at 3:35 PM Mon, 7 February 2022 - #4434535

I have two accounts. An old one I don't use anymore which was subscribed to the community newsletter and received the email, and my current one which was not subscribed to the community newsletter at the time.

But I have now subscribed from this account as well, although I haven't received anything yet.

The coupon will not work on either of the accounts. Not this one, not the one that received it. I get the same message in both places.

The item I'm trying to buy is Lori from Krashwerks. Eligible for coupons, not Prime, not clearance, not bundled, not any of the other things the fine print says it's not allowed to be used on.

How would I even get the code if I wasn't subscribed? (Other than cheating, I mean...)  I assume that if it's being sent to me I should be eligible to use it, no?

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2022 at 3:31 PM
Virtualeclipse posted at 8:48 AM Tue, 8 February 2022 - #4434560

I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed to the newsletter... I did get it on my registered e-mail...

Try your coupon now! :D

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2022 at 3:39 PM
DarkAngel612 posted at 6:43 PM Sat, 5 February 2022 - #4434450

I also had the exact same issue so I thought it was just my comp acting up or I chose the wrong thing. I hope they either fix it or issue a new one that does work.

Yours should be working for the community newsletter

cloudwatcher ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2022 at 12:02 AM

@CHMedia: "I looked for your email on this account. It was not subscribed. Please try adding it again."

I would LOVE to do this, but I can't make it happen. I go to Account Settings -> Newsletters. The only thing there is a big orange button that says Subscription Center. When I click it, it says I will get an email. But the email never arrives.

I've checked the address on my account (OK) and I've checked my spam folder in that email (not there). 

The only way I found was I logged out and at one point when I logged back in it offered the newsletter to me in a popup. That's where I thought I had subscribed from on Monday, but apparently it didn't take.

And as I said, I also tried using the account that IS subscribed to the newsletter, the one that received the email with the coupon in it. I couldn't use the coupon on that account either.

So I'm really stuck out in the cold on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2022 at 12:25 AM
CHMedia posted at 3:39 PM Tue, 8 February 2022 - #4434574
DarkAngel612 posted at 6:43 PM Sat, 5 February 2022 - #4434450

Yours should be working for the community newsletter
Well, sorry I can't try again, seems Gmail is messing around and deleted my newsletter but if I find it sent to a different folder in there I will most assuredly give it another go.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.