Mon, Jul 8, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Five gallery uploads per hour or day?

truthordare ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 1:28 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 9:47 PM

Hello!

The TOS clearly state that there is a five image per hour upload limit into the gallery. After that time, however, I am receiving a notification that my daily limit has been reached, after having uploaded only five images total. Which is correct... per hour or per day? If the latter, perhaps the TOS should be amended.

Thank you for your assistance!

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 5:44 PM · edited Sat, 19 February 2022 at 5:44 PM

Hmmm, I always thought it meant 5 images per day.  I didn't realize the TOS stated it as 5 images per hour.

I think you're right about the TOS needing to be reworded.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 7:29 PM

I don't think anyone got around to it.  There was a radical change back some time ago when certain individuals flooded the gallery with their renders.  Pissed off the regular artists who participated with just a few of their works.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 10:22 PM
Site Admin

It's five images per hour.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 11:31 PM
hborre posted at 7:29 PM Sat, 19 February 2022 - #4434974

I don't think anyone got around to it.  There was a radical change back some time ago when certain individuals flooded the gallery with their renders.  Pissed off the regular artists who participated with just a few of their works.

Yes, I remember when that was occurring.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2022 at 11:32 PM
Wolfenshire posted at 10:22 PM Sat, 19 February 2022 - #4434978

IT IS????  Wow, I always thought it was a daily thing.  ~sheesh~  That's a huge amount of render uploads being allowed!!

Butterfly Dezignz

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 12:31 AM · edited Sun, 20 February 2022 at 5:31 AM
Site Admin
We don't want to hinder creativity, but I tend to think one post a day is enough. You'll get comments on one a day. But people aren't going to comment when you're posting excessive amounts. Quality over quantity. (Just my opinion).

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 12:58 AM · edited Sun, 20 February 2022 at 2:29 PM
Site Admin

Oh, and to answer the OP's question. I can't find anything in the TOS about upload limits. I might be blind, that's certainly a possibility, it's been a really rough week, I've had a bad flu and I'm on so many meds I think I'm starting to see other dimensions.

TOS: https://www.renderosity.com/wiki/policies/terms-of-service

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 7:02 AM
Site Admin

The limit is in the gallery policies. There’s a link just above the checkbox stating you’ve read the TOS when you’re uploading a new image. You can read it here. https://www.renderosity.com/article/24126/gallery-policies 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 10:57 AM · edited Sun, 20 February 2022 at 11:04 AM

@Wolfenshire - Hope you feel better soon!

Happy Sunday!!!

5EULxUhspcvYrY9cgzbAuVpkUQqernfpXvd8cvba.jpg

UbjzbF6NPyiQgdthsodKr8CL1qKwdBFIjZdCkTGT.jpg

VC2A2sMyiWSxAmlO4xbgIU0P4ZeTHvGH6mMT5cJH.jpg

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2022 at 11:40 AM
Site Admin

@Twiztidkid Awww, love it, Puppy/Kitty power for the heal!

@Red Omgosh, that's a handy little policy letter, but I'll bet 99 percent of people have never seen that link. I upload all the time and it just blends in with the background. I didn't even know there was a link there. I thought that little statement about Gallery Policies was referring to the TOS, which I have memorized, It certainly explains where all the confusion came from.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2022 at 4:00 AM

Miss B posted at 11:32 PM Sat, 19 February 2022 - #4434980

Wolfenshire posted at 10:22 PM Sat, 19 February 2022 - #4434978

IT IS????  Wow, I always thought it was a daily thing.  ~sheesh~  That's a huge amount of render uploads being allowed!!
Not everyone uploads renders.  There are drawings, photos and whatnot.  Even with renders, they may be held back until a set of related images is completed.  

OTOH, I hardly upload at all these days.  :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2022 at 6:16 PM

@Wolfenshire - I am so sorry your friend passed while you were away sick on a hospital bed... he was so lucky to have you in his life, he will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. A photo of him being happy? Please...

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2022 at 8:33 AM
Does this go only for Prime Members, or all Members?

Eddy

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2022 at 12:18 PM
Site Admin

It's all members.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 1:20 AM
Wolfenshire posted at 12:31 AM Sun, 20 February 2022 - #4434981
We don't want to hinder creativity, but I tend to think one post a day is enough. You'll get comments on one a day. But people aren't going to comment when you're posting excessive amounts. Quality over quantity. (Just my opinion).
I have to agree, Wolf... I remember several times a few years ago when some folks were uploading as much as 30 images in one day...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

shonsu ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 12:07 PM
Inspired_Art posted at 8:33 AM Thu, 3 March 2022 - #4435377

Does this go only for Prime Members, or all Members?

A question I as well would like an answer too as one of the reasons for paying for Prime Member membership was ability to post more images than non-members (in addition to savings on products).  

Thanks

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 5:44 PM

I just counted 28 images today (so far) by the same individual - all of which are essentially product photos.There is absolutely no variance in lighting or positioning, just a different 'product' in each photo. This is advertising, not art.

And gallery flooding.

The 5 per hour limit seems somewhat ineffective where it comes to things like the above. They upload 5, wait an hour, and upload another 5.

This kind of commercial nonsense really takes away from what is supposed to be an ART site, not a 'free promotional' site.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 6:27 PM

A little correction - there is some variance in the images, but it's still commercial - and flooding IMHO.. I'll say no more about it.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 9:14 PM

Never mind...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.