Sun, Oct 6, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: All the Views counts for my older Gallery images have been wiped out

dragongirl ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2022 at 6:03 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:10 AM

With your new updates you have obliterated the Renderosity history of my older Gallery images.  All older View counts - hundreds and hundreds - are just gone.  It is incredibly upsetting to me.   And the correct count for Favorites has been broken since the December before Covid.  

Please restore the View counts on my older Gallery images.

AND many folks have told me they are not receiving bots when I post new images.  This has also been going on for a very long time.

dragongirl ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2022 at 6:24 AM
Several of the images among my Favorites are from older gallery posts.  The Views count wipeout seems to start in 2015.  2016 posts seem to have their normal Views counts.  Maybe that can help you restore the real Views  history to all the older gallery images.  I hope so.

purdon ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 7:42 AM

I believe I’ve seen this issue as well.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 9:34 AM

I see the view count discrepancy and will let the team know. I'll also pass on the issue with favorite counts and bots for new issues.

dragongirl ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 5:51 PM

Since I posted about the Favorites counts being off both in December of 2019 and again a year later in December of 2020 after nothing had ever been done to correct them, I personally do not think of the Fav count issue as being a “new” issue.

Hoping these things will improve this time.

Thank you to purdon for helping to confirm the problem. I appreciate the support.

enigma-man ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 9:42 PM · edited Mon, 14 March 2022 at 9:51 PM

I looked at my counts for pre-2015 and back to the first post and they are wrong.  Several other artists counts are wrong as well. It's possible everyone's galleries could be affected.

dragongirl ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for checking, enigma-man.  I appreciate the support on this, very much.

enigma-man ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 2:22 PM

I checked today and I got an Error 500 when I tried to access my gallery, then it told me my gallery didn't exist. After that my entire gallery consisted of two pages. A short time later it was three. Recently it went to seven, but there was nine as of yesterday. It is back to nine pages but the views are mostly 1 view or less than 10 for all older images. This is not giving me confidence in the skill of "the team".  No disrespect intended, but more problems are created whenever changes are made and some people have never had problems resolved from December 2020.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2022 at 6:48 PM

To all Renderosity DEVS...

A little bit of wisdom I picked up in my 50+ years of field service....

"If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it..."

'Nuff said.... 😉

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 2:41 AM
RodS posted at 6:48 PM Tue, 15 March 2022 - #4435983

'Nuff said.... 😉

I've noted the same "disastrously" effects in my field, partly because it's outsourced....

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 2:48 PM · edited Wed, 16 March 2022 at 3:00 PM

I forgot to subscribe to this thread, so apologies for the late replies:

dragongirl posted at 5:51 PM Mon, 14 March 2022 - #4435941

Since I posted about the Favorites counts being off both in December of 2019 and again a year later in December of 2020 after nothing had ever been done to correct them, I personally do not think of the Fav count issue as being a “new” issue.

My bad, I'm not sure why I said "new" as you did say in your earlier message that it was from a while ago. If you'd like, you can sitemail me more details about this which will help us pinpoint exactly what went on.

enigma-man posted at 9:42 PM Mon, 14 March 2022 - #4435945

I looked at my counts for pre-2015 and back to the first post and they are wrong.  Several other artists counts are wrong as well. It's possible everyone's galleries could be affected.

It is very likely that it affects everyone with older images. We see the issue and are working on a fix. There are quite a few views to process, so we appreciate your patience.

enigma-man posted at 2:22 PM Tue, 15 March 2022 - #4435978

I checked today and I got an Error 500 when I tried to access my gallery, then it told me my gallery didn't exist. After that my entire gallery consisted of two pages. A short time later it was three. Recently it went to seven, but there was nine as of yesterday. It is back to nine pages but the views are mostly 1 view or less than 10 for all older images. This is not giving me confidence in the skill of "the team".  No disrespect intended, but more problems are created whenever changes are made and some people have never had problems resolved from December 2020.

I completely understand your frustrations. We've been having issues with AWS integrations after the gallery maintenance and are working on that. Our dev team is quote small, so we do ask for your patience as we sort it all out.

'Nuff said.... 😉

I do wish it was that simple. :) But I'll explain, and hopefully this makes more sense why we (and other websites) change things from time to time. (This also addresses part of what enigma-man said above.)

This website is made of many softwares and systems, like PHP, AWS, different plugins, frameworks, etc. All these technologies are updated and improved (or deprecated) yearly as computing tech gets better and best practices are refined. In order to capitalize on these improvements, Renderosity has to make changes too, many of which are behind the scenes. Otherwise, the site would become outdated over time and a code nightmare to work with. That means slower fixes for things that are already broken, longer time for new features, among other issues.

All this being said, I completely understand everyone being upset. But I do thank you all for your patience and I hope that these changes make more sense. I'm happy to answer any other questions, whether it be here or via sitemail.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 3:17 PM
lauraguo posted at 2:48 PM Wed, 16 March 2022 - #4436020

I forgot to subscribe to this thread, so apologies for the late replies:

dragongirl posted at 5:51 PM Mon, 14 March 2022 - #4435941

My bad, I'm not sure why I said "new" as you did say in your earlier message that it was from a while ago. If you'd like, you can sitemail me more details about this which will help us pinpoint exactly what went on.

enigma-man posted at 9:42 PM Mon, 14 March 2022 - #4435945

It is very likely that it affects everyone with older images. We see the issue and are working on a fix. There are quite a few views to process, so we appreciate your patience.

enigma-man posted at 2:22 PM Tue, 15 March 2022 - #4435978

I completely understand your frustrations. We've been having issues with AWS integrations after the gallery maintenance and are working on that. Our dev team is quote small, so we do ask for your patience as we sort it all out.

'Nuff said.... 😉

I do wish it was that simple. :) But I'll explain, and hopefully this makes more sense why we (and other websites) change things from time to time. (This also addresses part of what enigma-man said above.)

This website is made of many softwares and systems, like PHP, AWS, different plugins, frameworks, etc. All these technologies are updated and improved (or deprecated) yearly as computing tech gets better and best practices are refined. In order to capitalize on these improvements, Renderosity has to make changes too, many of which are behind the scenes. Otherwise, the site would become outdated over time and a code nightmare to work with. That means slower fixes for things that are already broken, longer time for new features, among other issues.

All this being said, I completely understand everyone being upset. But I do thank you all for your patience and I hope that these changes make more sense. I'm happy to answer any other questions, whether it be here or via sitemail.

Thank you very much for just taking the time to explain. For me, this makes a huge difference.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 5:19 PM · edited Wed, 16 March 2022 at 5:19 PM

Y-Phil, no problem, glad it was helpful!

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2022 at 5:20 PM · edited Wed, 16 March 2022 at 5:21 PM

Everyone, please check your view counts. They should now be fixed. Well, mostly--they aren't displaying properly on quick view, but we have a fix for that coming tomorrow.

If you see anything else wrong, please let me know. :)

dragongirl ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 12:49 AM

lauraguo - many thanks for your patience explanations to us about the site “updates.”

Also - many thanks for reinstating the View Counts in older Galleries. 

As you suggested, I sent you a Site Mail about the Favorites count - even though the only thing to say about it is that it hasn’t counted since 2019.

Thanks to all those involved for the Views count fix.  😻

lauraguo ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 9:24 AM · edited Thu, 17 March 2022 at 9:24 AM

Happy to help! Although full credit goes to ebasham for fixing the views. :) 

For anyone else concerned about the favorites count: I've received dragongirl's sitemail and will look into it, but don't let that stop you from sitemailing me if you've also experienced the issue.

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 9:30 AM

Thank you Laura and your small team for solving another glitch due to the ever changing reality of writing code when updates are frequent and when applications are at end of life.

My avatar depicting North Pole elf Siobahn is happy too.

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 9:36 AM

enigma-man, thank you for understanding. Btw love your animated avatar, it's always so eye-catching. :)

I also wanted to let everyone know that the issue with favorites count has been cleared up. As always, if you all notice any other issue with gallery stuff, feel free to post in the forums or sitemail me.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 2:09 PM

Hi,

Today I uploaded a "free". I have not been able to choose the figure to which it is dedicated: Kids 4. There are also many other figures missing...

thanks!

My Store

My Freestuff

Zatanna ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 8:23 AM

I don't have a problem with the new set-up EXCEPT that I like to browse through the catalog and will often order something that I had passed up a year or more ago. Now, I can't access the old items. All I can get is "new" stuff, "most popular" and "trending". Searching by artist is no help because I don't remember who did what.

Can't we have an icon that takes us to page one of the marketplace like before?

lauraguo ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 11:16 AM · edited Wed, 22 March 2023 at 11:16 AM

Zatanna,

You can try browsing by department. It lets you sort by oldest to newest and you can go to different pages.

Example: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/departments/359562/3d-models

VxRlMFyuPD48yTbHT0DzyQYwX2uGN5YeMYfGFPoH.png

If that doesn't help, you'll have better luck contacting marketplace support. Marketplace support (jennblake and ShaniaB) can probably better help you.

Old threads aren't actively monitored, so please create a new thread in the Marketplace Customer Support forum: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/12374/marketplace-customer-support 

Zatanna ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 10:09 PM

Thanks.

I was directed here from another (Locked) thread that was about the new set-up. I didn't look at the title of this one, I just thought it was the same subject.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.