Mon, Jul 8, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Exciting New Challenges from Renderosity!

ShaniaB ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 11:12 AM · edited Wed, 03 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

Surprise! We have a new Facebook exclusive contest group!

We'll be posting new challenges with exciting new themes that YOU can vote on. We need suggestions for contests and would love your feedback. These are separate challenges from the ones we host here on the website and can only be found within the Facebook group. Giving you more chances to win!

You can comment here, or comment in the new Facebook group with your ideas! You just might see your idea utilized in our next competition!

Head over to the Renderosity Contests group and check out our first contest for March! This contest ends April 1st. So be sure to get your submissions in NOW before it's too late! Prizes will be announced when winners are announced, so you never know what you'll win!

Check out the new page HERE and join today!

IAmNobodySpecial ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2022 at 1:42 PM

So what you're saying is that I *might* win a car?! Good, because the one I live in is falling apart all around me, and my mechanic refuses to put it on the lift any more ("I just want to live and go home to see my family after work!", he said).

Ooops, this is only for Facebook users, and I don't (and won't) use Facebook for my own safety and security. Rats....

When is the next contest coming up here on this site?

keppel ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2022 at 10:14 AM

I also do not use Facebook and have no intention, ever, of joining.  I think it is a very poor decision to run contests that exclude those of us that don't buy into social media.   

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2022 at 11:22 AM

I also have never done any social media, and don't plan on ever using social media sites in the future, so this type of contest will be a waste of time for me.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2022 at 4:15 PM

Here's a "challenge" for you....

Get everything working right.

😉😉

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 8:58 PM

Ha! speaking out about Social Media, all yawl posting here must be what they call the usual suspects or as I call you "my kinda people". Like my man RodS said get yer own shite working and you wont need Facebook besides it and Zuckey the Un-American bastard are probably on the way out...good riddance I say

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

antony1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2022 at 9:37 AM

I really can't decide which reason I like more for ignoring this challenge, the "no price information" or "facebook".

Thorwald ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2022 at 11:20 AM

I really do enjoy the contests here , a deadline  seems to get me motivated to finish something. I always submit something to the contests here so  will sadly miss your doing it at a another location. Sometimes I even pick up an asset for doing the contests and with not entering you'll miss out on that. I only have so much time and Facebook is one that doesn't get any of mine.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2022 at 1:45 PM

Main social networks have lost their social side over time, pretty much like the television... Even the contests over there must not go against Zuckey and the likes or you're ejected without a word, without any possibility to discuss.
In my humble opinion, if you'de like to join people by that mean, choose other networks, some of which are more... social and more humankind friendly...

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2022 at 10:56 AM

I thought FB didn't exist. I thought it was Meta now. Either way, I won't be on it. I'm not a Q-Anoner/RW racist.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2022 at 4:21 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2022 at 4:22 PM

"Facebook, Yay!!" - said no one ever... 😅

"Happy Monday, Yay!!" - yeah, that too... LOL!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2022 at 4:34 PM

Wellll... this place is social media, yer know.  Any forum is, so there's that.  

As for Farcebook, I have an account and use it occasionally but I like to keep my involvement there to the odd post or comments with friends.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2022 at 10:46 PM

I, too, will miss the contests on Renderosity, and hope that they will return.   I tried entering the Pretty Mystical contest that was on Facebook before - and spent a year trying to get the pieces taken down afterwards.  Never, ever again.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 7:30 AM · edited Thu, 14 April 2022 at 10:50 AM
Site Admin

Contests are not gone from Renderosity. There are a few in the pipeline, but I'm not at liberty to give any details about them. We cut down on the number , but I can assure you that more contests are coming.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 1:08 PM
wheatpenny posted at 7:30 AM Thu, 14 April 2022 - #4437184

Contests are not gone from Renderosity. There are a few in the pipeline, but I'm not at liberty to give any details about them. We cut down on the number , but I can assure you that more contests are coming.

Thanks Jeff, that's good to know.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2022 at 10:07 AM

If, from this Renderosity website main menu, I select Cpmmunity > Contesrs > Open Contests it says that there are none.

However, you have two currently open contests - the Facebook one for which this thread was started, and the Perfect Portrait one in the Poser Pulse newsletter.

May I suggest that you indicate on the Open Contests page that we should also check those other places?

Regarding ideas for challenges how about occasionally doing things like this:

Shadowplay - shadows must play a significant role in the render.

A single light - only one light, either spot or point (but not an infinite/distant) is allowed, no other illumination of any kind.

My favourite colour - the render must have a specic predominant colout.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.