Thu, Sep 19, 3:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:19 PM · edited Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:20 PM

randym77 posted at 3:21 PM Sun, 27 March 2022 - #4436462

Well, I am worried about corruption. It's happened to me more than once, even with the latest version of Poser 11. (I don't user Poser 12 that much yet.) Seems to be more common with larger scenes. The last time, it was a scene with 10 figures, all dressed, posed, with hair, etc.

But I've never had trouble using PMD files, even though I have Use external binary unchecked. You don't even notice.

I stopped using external pmd for scene saving a few months ago. I have a tendency to save my wip files to the desktop and having the extra file and reference became an annoyance when something needed to be moved to a dedicated folder or Runtime.

As far as pmd INJ files go, I always save them to a predestined Pose library folder when the pz2 is written. The pz2 contains the settings, parm groups, names etc... and a file path ref to the pmd. The pmd contains names, Morph ID, and the deltas themselves (those looooong lists of numbers). The resulting pz2 needs some file path tidying, as its written the pz2 has absolute paths for location of the pmd. I run my INJ pz2s through Netherwork's Creators Toybox scripts: Simplify Paths. Using a script isn't necessary for this though, the change is dead easy in a text editor.

I always keep the pmd with its relative pz2. If I need to look deeper into the PMD file itself (which are encrypted and or compressed and can't be deciphered via a regular text editor) I use D3d's Binary Morph Editor which can read and display the contents plus a bunch of other useful things...

Anyway, I must be on the fortunate fringe to never have encountered scene corruption while I was using External Binary...

eo6B5vB4DW4lanm9pBjWTwaNgEFjeH9gYolS50zb.png

0ELijCFAWS8uVWI8tlxCmZrpsPGJsn15Vof2nNz5.png

h2H0jPlxI8WQ9B5be0Q7DsIi1qgIkGEjbNU8I6CX.png

VR0aZDK7f5BQ463TwBUHAZnXSu1532lOEYve2CDX.png

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2022 at 4:36 AM · edited Mon, 28 March 2022 at 4:37 AM

undefined posted at 2:08 PM Mon, 19 July 2021 - #2963675

I'm curious if people still buy character/texture sets for V4/M4, maybe asking forum regulars isn't the right demographic to ask this question of. I imagine there are a lot of lurkers who do not post. Also, are there many vendors making stuff, again character sets, specifically for those figures? I know people still probably buy clothing items and such for those figures, I do, but maybe the character set market has dried up? Just curious.

Just have a look at the Marketplace and count.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be snarky or something.

But 99% of the characters offered even here are G8.

Rendo tries to promote some La Femme / L'Homme stuff, and probably will do the same with "Dawn-2", but we all know it will end in tears.

Just as it did with any other non-DAZ figure in the past.

V4 is way over her prime. Some diehards are desperately clinging to her, because she's still better than the few alternatives that are left for Poser.

But even here the Marketplace is absolutely dominated by G8.

If you need to make enough money to pay the rent and to put food on the table, and you think you can compete with all the talent that G8 has aggregated since her creation, walk away from Poser.

Even the simplest G8 Bikini will probably outsell an elaborate V4 character by a factor of 100.

I like playing around with the V4/M4 LOD meshes, but technically, V4 was a step back from V3 because DAZ tried to peddle her to professional studios.

The only reason she survived that long is because she's the last (somewhat) Poser compatible DAZ figure.

You might get a sale or maybe 10 or 20, but nowhere what you could get from a G8 product.

I (still) love Poser and try to use it as long as I can, but I do this just for fun.

If I had to rely on this hobby as a means of income, I'd have left long ago.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2022 at 10:03 AM · edited Mon, 28 March 2022 at 10:09 AM

>>> The only reason she survived that long is because she's the last (somewhat) Poser compatible DAZ figure.

Actually the Hivewire figures were released long after V4 and are natively compatible with both Poser and DS

As far as using morph injection files in Poser 11 and 12, as primorge said above you don't have to have "Use external binary morphs" enabled in Preferences to load or save a morph injection file. To save, just pick "File > Export > Morph Injection" and Poser saves the pose file and PMD to the location you specify. To use it, just apply the injection pose to the appropriate figure and it adds the morphs to the parameters palette.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.