Mon, Sep 9, 5:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Fitting Room Questions/Issues Poser 12 Pro

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 10:14 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 2:24 PM

I've been trying to learn to use the fitting room. I wanted the video Renderosity has several times.

I load Lhomme and some boxer briefs that were designed for M4. I wanted to start with something that I thought would be simple. The garment loads maybe an 1/8 inch in front of LHomme, so the back is embedded in him. I conform them to him and go to the Fitting room. I select zero source and zero target as well as keep deformers. Then I run the fit. The front remains away from the figure and the back doesn't completely cover his arse. I use the tools and eventually get it covered but it is kind of rumpled and I can't seem to get it smoothed out and the front has shrunk around the groin, so he would get arrested if he wore those. So then I try it without zero for either the figure or the garment. And it works. It's almost perfect. I use the save garment button (don't remember what it as called.) Then I go back to the Pose room. There are two boxer briefs now. I hide the original. But the new one is higher up than it should be and it has grown in size by at least 10%. If I conform it, it stays were it is...too high, too big. I can shrink it and reposition it and it looks good...like it did in the fitting room. But if I pose Lhomme, it doesn't follow him. Even if I parent it to him or his hips. it won't follow him.

So where am I going wrong? I assume it has something to do with the zero position. How do I fix that? The video never mentioned it. Or is the problem somewhere else?

Thanks.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 10:34 AM

Do NOT conform when trying to use fitting room. Reposition, scale etc. is OK but do not conform the garment. Or parent. It sort od defeats the purpose of refitting because it transmits the wrong information about where to 'fit' the garment. I don't know the technical terms but when I refit, I never conform or parent. Also, figure you want to fit to must be zeroed with IK off.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 10:45 AM

Well, I did try it again. This time I adjusted the garment to position it better in the pose room. I did not conform it. I went it and fitted it. I did not zero the garment, but I did zero LHomme. It looked OK so I saved it and returned to the Pose room. When I conform it, it wants to scale it. The Dial said 110% But above that in smaller print it sadi 121%. While conformed, I cannot reduce the size. I was able parent it to his hips (I think and then I was able to pose him and the garment followed. But I had to adjust the scale in the z and then x a little. But now I can't figure out how to save the garment so I can use it again.

If I parent it to Lhomme Body, the garment jumps up and gets larger too.

When I did save it, I chose everything because that is what they did in the video. Should I only be choosing the hips and thighs perhaps? Also I checked all 3 options at the bottom because that is what they did in the video.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 10:56 AM
Forum Coordinator

You really do not need the 'fit' function unless you're after a skin-tight fit. Position garment in the pose room using transformations, scaling and morphs as available in the garment. If necessary load the original target figure(M4) with full morphs and copy these into the garment. This gives you more 'tools' to work with. Use morph brush for fine tuning. Then go into fitting room, use zero-ed target and keep present deformation for the garment. Create figure from there.

The lHomme figure as provided is much too musculated to use in the fitting room. The muscle shapes project through in the weightmaps and mess them up. You may want to use a well behaving other garment as donor instead.

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 10:59 AM

Moving this to the Poser 12 form since it is for Poser 12

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 11:01 AM

What do you mean when you say you 'saved' it?

here are the steps I follow:

1. Load figure. Add any body morphs to your figure. Zero figure. IK off.
  2. Load clothing item. Position, scale, etc. to fit as much as you can. Do not conform and do not parent.
  3. Switch over to Fitting room. Fit menu, 20 iterations and keep pokethrough margin. Choose item, choose figure. Do not zero clothing item. Zero figure, keep deformations.
  4. Do the fitting.
  5. Create Figure button. Choose morphs on figure, I always go by the 'choose body parts the clothing covers' and always choose Auto Group as well as the other 2 options (as the grouping of different figures is, well, different).
  6. It will be a while as Poser transforms all of that.
  7. Switch back to Pose room. Select new clothing item. Figure--> Copy Morphs From--> Old clothing item to new clothing item so the shaping morphs transfer.
  8. This will also be a while. After done, select old clothing figure, delete it, THEN conform new one to your figure.
  9. THIS is the point you save if you want.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for your instructions, Rhis474. I try to follow them. It appears that LHomme might not load in the zero position as I noticed his knees were slightly bent. I didn't know to turn off IK. I will do that. I didn't know about copying old morphs either. I will try that.

As far saving, when you are all done with the new garment, how do you save it to your library as a clothing item? I was looking at the menu items. But maybe you save it to the library somehow. (I know in DS when you save from the file menu, you get a long list of choices, so maybe I'm confusing things with that.) I just don't see how at this point that you save the garment to the library so you can use it again.

Thanks Fverbass, I'll try your way as well.

And thanks Digitell. I was having trouble finding my post. Not sure where I posted it. I did search for Fitting Room first, so maybe I ended up in another forum without knowing it.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 11:28 AM

Another thing that I don't see mentioned for this process, select your refitted garment and copy all joint zones from the parent figure (i.e., L'Homme) as well as all relevant morphs that are necessary for rendering your image. You can copy all figure morphs and save the content to the Library but keep in mind that you may bloat the file to a larger, storage size.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 11:42 AM

L'Homme loads in scaled to 110% in the pose room when you load him into the scene.

When you create the morph to fit your pants, either use the default L'Homme OBJ (in the Geometries folder), or select L'Homme's BODY actor in the scene, go to the Parameters palette, and set the Pose Dials > L'Homme Size parameter to zero (instead of the default of .5). Then L'Homme will be the same size as the OBJ in the geometries folder.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 11:47 AM

When the L'Homme Scale dial is set to .5, he is taller than La Femme

L'Homme Scale 1.png

After you set the L'Homme Scale to 0 (same size as the OBJ) he's about the same height as La Femme

L'Homme Scale 2.png

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2021 at 9:13 PM

Thanks for all the tips. I seem to have it working now. It appears that size setting for LHomme was an issue. When I made those changes and followed the instructions Rhia474 gave it all seemed to work. I could even conform the garment after I created it in the fitting room. I guess the material files don't work on a converted garment though. Maybe you have to make a copy and edit. It probably changed the name. Maybe that keeps it from applying the MAT.

Anyway thanks for all your help!

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2022 at 9:58 PM

I fitted some clothing and it looks fine in the default pose, but when the figure was kneeling on one leg with the other raised in front, there were some weird artifacts in the groin area. I found that I could select (they turned red) them and they were polygons that had separated from the article of clothing. So what causes that and is there a fix? Could it be that the groups are different for L'homme than they were for Michael 4?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2022 at 1:58 PM
Forum Coordinator

That sounds like a grouping error indeed.If it is groin area most likely lThigh touching rThigh direcctly without hip in between. This can occur easily with loose pants.

Load your LH garment file and check that there is everywhere at least one hip facet between the lThigh and the rThigh, and hip forming a full loop. Re-assign facets if it is not. Then save the garment into the library with a new geometry file. Then load the LH garment you made in the fitting room and use copy morphs and copy joint settings to make vertices of facets that changed groups behave as they should in their new role.  

The above should work as a fix for your personal use. It does a number of things that conventions forbid for distributed products.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.