Mon, Oct 7, 7:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: fractured realms of 3D renders and using them in mobile apps

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 5:29 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:33 AM

We really need a bridge to integrate 3D render output (stills slideshows / short video clips) into mobile applications for editing and sharing on social media.

Taking it further, we really need to up the game to get those renders into the various emerging metaverses.

I am not a program engineer, so I have zero idea how it is going to happen.  As it is, the realms of digital art and getting that art into downstream pipelines on mobile apps is non-existant (unless you jump through a few hoops to transfer images).

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2022 at 5:34 AM

Most natively-produced images on mobile apps are of high quality. However, when say externally created images or videos are imported manually and used within mobile apps, the image and video quality drops noticeably.  There's a lot going on which is not user-facing.  

Eternal Hobbyist

PandaB5 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2022 at 2:07 AM

I develop games and I have used Poser / Daz 2D images for those, mostly Poser. We convert them to the lowest resolution needed to improve the game performance. These games run fast (30 - 60 frames per second i.e. it is cycling through the code 30 - 60 times a second and displaying images to screen at that speed). The minute you start using high resolution images you limit your game to only run on desktop or the latest and greatest mobile devices (which are scarce outside of first world markets.) My games in Unity that is rendering 3D real time will only run on fairly recent devices, it stutters on older phones. That's pretty much  the reason all apps reduce the resolution.

For simply transferring your renders from your PC to your mobile, you can use cloud storage that links them, Bluetooth or USB. The resolution will remain the same. You do not specifically need an app for that.

Where I would like to see an app or progress is to have a Poser light that you can run on a mobile with a draft render, and then pay a  fee to upload and render these on a server i.e. Bondware's server for the final quality render and then the render is returned to you (In fact I'd pay for this even from a PC, because a high quality render uses up 100% of my PC resources and then takes a few hours.) I think this would open up the software to 1000s of people that only use mobile internet and do not own laptops or desktops. 

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2022 at 2:36 AM
PandaB5 posted at 2:07 AM Wed, 25 May 2022 - #4439110

Where I would like to see an app or progress is to have a Poser light that you can run on a mobile with a draft render, and then pay a  fee to upload and render these on a server i.e. Bondware's server for the final quality render and then the render is returned to you (In fact I'd pay for this even from a PC, because a high quality render uses up 100% of my PC resources and then takes a few hours.) I think this would open up the software to 1000s of people that only use mobile internet and do not own laptops or desktops. 

I would support that request.  We need some type of bridging pathway.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.