Sat, Aug 3, 4:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 20 8:02 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Is poser doing anything new to export to FBX better?

putrdude ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 6:03 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:50 AM

Wondering if anything has changed since the current Export recommended for exporting FBX files is 2014?

Thanks.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 7:57 PM

I would think that the shift to native support of unimesh figures would be important to complete before they rework the import/export functions. Since a lot of import/export issues directly relate to need to break things out of a single mesh.

Apparently that has stalled https://www.posersoftware.com/article/553/poser-update-may-25-2022 and that is why they are hiring another dev.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 8:14 PM

It is important to state though that is stalled because there are so many aspect of the base code that need to be rewritten for this. Personally I take the hiring additional developer as a positive sign that this is the right direction.

putrdude ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 8:37 PM

Thank you!

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2022 at 4:55 PM

As painful as the wait is, it will benefit Poser immensely in the grand scheme of things.

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 6:35 AM

Sorta 'Plan_B' is to send OBJ+MTL to the free Mixamo machine, export as FBX in one of their optional formats.

I've yet to try this, I've only acquired a few pre-rigged freebies but, IMHO, the oldest FBX format (2016) they offer seems to 'play nice' with Poser.

YMMV...

putrdude ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 11:35 AM

I did get help from an Iclone forum that said the same thing, export as .obj.  That worked, though it come in as a tiny speck of an object.

I've had some luck with export to .fbx, and some luck with .obj. You have to try both.

Many thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.