Wed, Oct 2, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Master dial does not show up when I load an injection pose

odf ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 2:34 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:38 PM

I know this kind of problem has been mentioned before, but I don't recall if there was any good solution or workaround.

Following scenario: I create a master dial in Poser and export it as an injection pose. When I load the injection pose into a fresh figure *and* create an empty master dial with the same name by hand, before or after loading, everything works as expected. But I can't figure out a way to get around that creating-by-hand step, which could get really tedious if I wanted to, say, create a dozen master dials and put them all in one file.

Currently using Poser 12.0.619 if that helps.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 5:51 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2022 at 5:54 PM

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I'm actually a bit confused by your workflow. Nevertheless 

Usually I don't use Create New Master for the creation of blank masters for INJ destination, which I won't bother explaining but

Here's Maya's Ball Joint Doll

I create 3 blank masters in the body (they can be renamed, at any time, in a few ways, including one way that's contrary to what it says in the manual...)

wqn1iFBGIQqIUezLk6HhORTcyCoytEMqi5gmlb9y.png

I export via Pmd Injection file pz2

DfZaP4NjBEvTovlAQTBdpWNvXE22hajKSBvwEKpH.png

The resulting file does not call on a pmd, there's no morph data of course, it's empty valueParms

z6jdvwLw07cwmVYYkJT70DpBNq7GTOZ8UZeNka6M.png

I load a new instance of BJD and apply the INJ pz2... the 3 empty masters appear in the figure as named. If I had created 20 blanks and passed them on it would be the same. Not sure why you are needing to recreate them manually and name? Is this for conformers?

mmBgDzaAYdD7pepzUVerA6HxvdFxhPIpffIxn1yD.png

odf ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:11 PM

Thanks! Seeing a scenario that works should help a lot with the debugging.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:14 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:17 PM

Ok

If you rename a master's internal name via settings you may sometimes encounter a gotcha where the name won't stick, reverting to it's previous name. Copy it again to an overwrite inject and it will stick. Don't ask me why, and it's been awhile since I've encountered it. Usually the rename works as expected and renames to the slaves dependency settings also.

Probably not worth mentioning.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:21 PM

Sorry for being so vague in my initial post. I'll do some experiments after work today to see where exactly I run into problems and share my results then.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:22 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:24 PM

You also might encounter not working dials via inj if they are transform, rotation, or scaling dials created via Create New Master. I use a different method for blank masters that works reliably, described here... it's tedious but alot of this is tedious process oriented stuff...

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2972121/0-rotations-dial

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:23 PM
odf posted at 6:21 PM Thu, 21 July 2022 - #4441648

Sorry for being so vague in my initial post. I'll do some experiments after work today to see where exactly I run into problems and share my results then.

I'll be lurking lol.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:51 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2022 at 6:51 PM

One final thing that directly addresses just the title of this thread...

Make sure that in the dials settings after creation that it's not checked as hidden.

It might also be worth it to have Show Hidden Parameters on...

1BVJhICJyRGWPCkgV2ANohdqlztqObqnzkL5EAbG.png

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 9:33 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2022 at 9:33 PM

Thinking about this it occurs to me that you might be trying to create a master in the head that carries over via pmd... You've been making expression morphs lately and probably Antonia has her old expression dials contained in the head. Things that carry over easily embedded in a cr2 file need different consideration if you want to utilize the time saving pmd injection that Poser now has.

I circumvent all those catches via always making masters, head stuff included, in the body. That probably wouldn't be desirable in your case for head morphs...

I think this is still relevant

0dDjcmlDd4TzuqRQ6a3m6iNqDJNoTtnhXUBnbUDM.png

odf ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2022 at 10:11 PM

Ah yes, I'd been wondering if my mistake was simply that I tried to create the master dial in the head instead of the body. The workaround via Spawn Morph Target sounds perfect. I hadn't realized that I could use the teaching tool for those, too. 👍

odf ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2022 at 2:23 AM

Yeah, that worked like a charm. Phew! Thanks again, primorge!

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2022 at 7:39 AM

You're welcome odf

Happy morphing

odf ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2022 at 2:56 AM

Maybe it will please you to hear that I am now in the process of turning Antonia's expression morphs into FBMs. Much easier to find morphs if they're all in the body, and if I decide to add subd detail later, I will need them to be FBMs anyway. Not to mention that valueParm injection problem, and who knows what else.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2022 at 7:28 AM · edited Sat, 23 July 2022 at 7:31 AM

Wise choice.

Just create a new parm group category for head stuff. The custom parm group can be renamed and reparented (and nested) by dragging at any time, making moving large fields of dials easy. The custom parm groups also copy to inject...

F1QmwCdcjpNjfh6oFai9NWf3ujPcAn5uy7KovgIO.png

odf ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2022 at 8:11 PM

👍

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.