Sat, Sep 14, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 2:24 pm)

Subject: "The Girl" character and Poser 12

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 9:46 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

I picked up "The Girl" on sale at a very low price. after a few hours of trying and installing and re-installing, all I can get to work is the head. just the head, not even the expressions, even though they appear in the parameters.

does anybody know if she is no longer compatible with Poser 12? or have any advice on installing..

Thanks,

Mike

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 10:13 PM

Are you referring to The Girl from DAZ 3D?  And if so, which version?

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 10:21 PM · edited Mon, 29 August 2022 at 8:10 AM

yes, version 4

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 10:48 PM

She totally works in P12.  Where did you install the files?  

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 11:00 PM

The only thing I think could be wrong is the character hasn't been initialized yet.  You do need to run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat file to activate the morph channels.

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 11:53 PM

thanks..glad to know she works.  I'm on a Mac, so the "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" is unfamiliar to me. 

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2022 at 11:57 PM · edited Tue, 23 August 2022 at 11:57 PM

this shows where the INJ Delta files are. installed as they came in.. figure I've screwed up somewhere..

21N22Yfjgi93FBBh1Au1KZp70ADKizobuYd6kcQp.jpg

NikKelly ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 5:47 AM

DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat ??

News to me, so THANK YOU.

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 3:11 PM

OK, found the "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command" for Mac. didn't work.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 6:50 PM

dumb question: you got Victoria 4 installed? The Girl is a sub figure of V4 so I think it needs her base installed to work.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 7:04 PM

DAZ 3D does specify that the V4 base is required but the image above does show that V4 is installed into the main runtime.  If this was Windows, the main runtime installation would be trouble.  I don't know how MAC handles the installation files and whether something was overwritten in the process.   

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 8:17 PM

yep, V4 is installed..

the image just shows the !DAZ library folder. the Victoria 4 in it is only the inj files. V4 is in the Character folder. tried installing on my work computer today.. no luck there either.. thanks for the input.. i’ll keep meddling with it..

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 8:57 PM

There should be The Girl CR2 file in the Character folder also just like V4.  All the V4 associated files, including morphs, should be placed in the same runtime, otherwise, they don't work correctly.  Another issue that has cropped up in the past is having multiple instances of files in other runtime folders.  Those never play nice with each other.  I am at a loss why your model is not working correctly if you performed a standard installation.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2022 at 9:02 PM

Have you tried loading V4 into the scene and injecting The Girl morphs into her?

mickale ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2022 at 12:02 AM

yep, tried that, too. got a Girl character just like V4.

I had the Aiko character & morphs and reloaded her just like The Girl. Aiko works fine so far. also while working on this, I saw that the Victoria Muscle morphs I had weren't all there either (had not noticed that before) -- the individual muscle dials were where they need to be, but the full body morphs are not loaded.

guess i'm going to resign myself to the fact some things just don't fully work on new Mac with old and new software. I'll keep meddling.

I do appreciate your input and advice, thanks.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2022 at 6:09 AM

mickale posted at 11:53 PM Tue, 23 August 2022 - #4443235

thanks..glad to know she works.  I'm on a Mac, so the "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" is unfamiliar to me. 

Try /Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command

Good Luck, Rod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.