Wed, Sep 18, 2:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:08 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: 2022 Writers Halloween Contest

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2022 at 3:52 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 10:04 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Theme: A Hallowed Tale

Contest Dates

Submissions Open: Oct 04, 2022 10:00 am CDT
Deadline / Voting Begins: Nov 01, 2022 10:00 am CDT
Voting Closes: Nov 15, 2022 10:00 am CST
Winners Announced: Nov 17, 2022 CST

General Contest Rules

• All Renderosity members are eligible to enter except for staff.
  • Entries can be new artwork or an already created artwork that has not been submitted to or won in a previous Renderosity contest.
  • Members may submit entries in all the categories, but there is a maximum of three entries per category.
  • Entries will be anonymous.
  • Winners will be announced on this contest page.

Entry Specifications

• Any style of writing is accepted that comply with this year's Halloween theme.
  • Image size must be a maximum of 1200 pixels x 1200 pixels in .jpeg, .png, or .gif format (72 dpi).
  • No thumbnail is required, it is automatically generated for you.
  • Do NOT use HTML formatting.
  • Double-space between paragraphs.
  • Entries of previously winning submissions will not be accepted.
  • All stories must comply with Renderosity's Terms of Service.
  • Use the description field to tell us your tale, noting what inspired you.
  • Include the word count at the end of the story.
  • No Nudity is allowed.
  • You cannot sign your real name, nor Renderosity username, on your image or in the description. Any signed images, will not be accepted.
  • By uploading your image and story, you are agreeing that this is your original work.
  • Any entry containing violence or brutality that is implied or explicit will be removed.
  • An entry containing weapons of any kind, or objects to be used as weapons is subject to review for violence.
  • An entry containing childlike imagery in suggestive poses will be removed.

Sponsors

Novel Software

Victory Academy

Anastasiy

Poser Software

Kotobee

Mediachance

The Hero's Journal

Renderosity

Reallusion

Check out the Meet Our 2022 Halloween & Holiday Contest Sponsors Page to find out more about our sponsors and their prizes!

Enter Now

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

PeterPixyHarrison ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 2:04 PM

Can the piece include an associated image or is this purely text based?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 2:49 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You need to include an image. It does not need to be elaborate. Many entries I've seen are quite simple as the members want to focus on the writing. You can look at old contest to see what others have done, but you can do your own thing too. Here are links to the last few Halloween ones

https://www.renderosity.com/contests/1576/2021-writers-halloween-contest-2-sentence-horror-stories

https://www.renderosity.com/contests/1553/2020-writers-halloween-contest

https://www.renderosity.com/contests/1534/2019-writers-halloween-contest

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

PeterPixyHarrison ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 11:38 PM

Thank you for the reply,

I just wanted to check as many writing competitions do not allow an image to be used to offset the written piece.

evilded777 ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 7:55 PM

It's been a long time since I entered a contest here. Should be fun to see if things have improved.

evilded777 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2022 at 7:38 PM

Also... what happened to the thousand word count, limit? I was kind of relishing the memories of fevered cuts, trying to make the final draft fit. I may self impose, else I won't be done in time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.