Tue, Oct 22, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 7:27 PM

Okidoki, I'll invest a bit more time in decent UVs, then. Probably not today, though, because I have commitments in other virtual lives.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 9:50 PM · edited Sat, 29 October 2022 at 9:54 PM

I procrastinated/passed the time while waiting for the kale to cook: Gym shorts for Antonia - OBJ only.

Mesh density is what worked best for simulation in MD. If you need denser or less dense, let me know.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:12 PM

Hey cool. Thanks odf. I'll take a look in a bit.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:25 PM

No worries! I started on a sock while waiting for the potatoes to cook.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:46 PM · edited Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:46 PM

Nice work. Good UVs, Delaunay, nice accents, and shorter than they appear in your preview images. Perfect. They'll need to be refit slightly to her body but very easy. Thank you...

SQnAgJUu8FySGmkg63p8pYHYNSB1QS7Y351FGVi6.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:46 PM

Socks would be awesome lol.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:48 PM

She was a little worried that they wouldn't show enough cheek or emphasise her "toe" but everything is just as she likes it lol.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 11:43 PM

On a serious note (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)... I'm in the midst of making expressions for this character. It's coming out good. I'm going to take my time and fiddle around with it for a couple weeks, have some fun with it, and then share it as a freebie. The eye morphs were not fun really but this type of thing is. Especially coming up with the weird backstory for my own amusement...

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 12:05 AM

I find it important to have a good mix of useful things and fun things in a hobby. Looking forward to seeing what expressions you (or Svetlanka) will come up with.

In the meantime, here's what I have for a sock so far. Just need to add the heel and toe. But now seriously on to non-posery things...

NclWnd3sBqbmuyQ3wvcVaHAerBSiMlqmBFCy9KuE.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 1:54 AM

A provisional sock and its sewing pattern (paper reading went faster than I expected).

wSyXx6leU5FP26v8y2qbvPcGWHdJv45MfwkEjXFd.png

Provisional because I made the whole thing quite stretched out in order to get nice UVs on the leg, but that may have messed up the foot. I'll have to check the UVs in Blender and see what adjustments are needed. But not today, I think.

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 1:24 PM

Looks good odf

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 5:17 PM

@odf The Short is working not to bad in the cloth room. The shorts-trim would need a little more thickness but not bad at all.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2022 at 5:53 PM
jroulin posted at 5:17 PM Sun, 30 October 2022 - #4447976

@odf The Short is working not to bad in the cloth room. The shorts-trim would need a little more thickness but not bad at all.

Thanks, good to hear! I need to spend more time in the cloth room and see how things translate. My immediate idea would be to use a "soft decoration" group (if that's what it's called) for the trim, but I don't know if those work how I think they do. :-)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 1:53 AM · edited Mon, 31 October 2022 at 1:53 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I think the UVs on the sock are probably okay.

qZUlWpJySGrfTnjDAlTaHV0986jFv7xkiHJ2ErRb.png

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 2:18 AM

By the way, what's the conforming sock etiquette - a separate figure for each sock, or a single figure for both?

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 5:53 AM

Separate. Seems like single figure is found mostly in older conformers.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 6:11 AM

...I don't think it really matters honestly. After I've had my coffee I'll take a look at more recent footwear I've purchased and see what the standard is.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 7:47 AM

I just looked through a lot of my shoes and socks that are recent and without exception they all are together rather than separate.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 8:02 AM

I think I'm going to take a crack at re rigging some sneakers I have for use on Antonia. Shouldn't be too difficult to refit and re rig considering they're flats. Or at least good enough for my own render purposes.

In Svetlanka news...

I'm a bit concerned. Her and her unsavory roommate Peggy Sue had me drop them off at this rather unseemly goth discotheque last night. Much later, while I waited in the car, they reappeared rather intoxicated and in the company of a rather sinister character. Very pale, obviously wealthy dude. Very piercing, bloodshot eyes. I found it difficult to maintain eye contact with him.

They told me they were going to a private party and that I should just go home. Svetlanka said she'd call me to let me know everything was ok. I haven't heard from her since and I'm just getting her voicemail. She does this kind of thing often, especially when hanging out with Peggy Sue, so it's not exactly out of the norm... still, there was something about that guy that seemed off.

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 9:26 AM

@ odf soft decorated groups are working better for poke through but they are sometime deforming a little strange. In general, I also have seen better results with quad than triangles. In the image below you can see what I mean it is your Short with soft decorated group added for the trim.

p5ld7bu59XDxzRFDrFElv2zNxoZFhW4EORoQMDZ2.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 9:32 AM

odf posted at 2:18 AM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448006

Together is fine The only exception would be if someone would like to have Antonia wearing only one sock but in this case they could turn one transparent if the UV’s are separate

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 6:02 PM

primorge posted at 7:47 AM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448022

I just looked through a lot of my shoes and socks that are recent and without exception they all are together rather than separate.

Interesting! Well, I guess it makes sense to make the most common use case easy. Just one figure to load instead of two.

Obviously, if and when I publish my sock collection for Toni, they will have separate materials for the left and right sock. I hear mismatched socks are all the rage at the moment, or was that ten years ago?

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 6:08 PM · edited Mon, 31 October 2022 at 6:08 PM
jroulin posted at 9:26 AM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448030

@ odf soft decorated groups are working better for poke through but they are sometime deforming a little strange. In general, I also have seen better results with quad than triangles. In the image below you can see what I mean it is your Short with soft decorated group added for the trim.

That looks similar to what I see in MD. If I can't fix it, I will simply claim that Svetlanka is a very pragmatic person at heart and does not see why she should spend her hard-earned money on high-end gym attire when she can get almost properly sewn items in the same style from greasy back-alley peddlers like me.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 8:55 PM

odf posted at 6:08 PM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448076

jroulin posted at 9:26 AM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448030

That looks similar to what I see in MD. If I can't fix it, I will simply claim that Svetlanka is a very pragmatic person at heart and does not see why she should spend her hard-earned money on high-end gym attire when she can get almost properly sewn items in the same style from greasy back-alley peddlers like me.

Svetlanka is...

not feeling well at the moment.

I have many thoughts and comments but I'll just wait until what I'm working on is finished.

Happy Samhain

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2022 at 10:31 PM

I hear a wreath of garlic flowers around the neck is a great remedy for when one does not feel well after a private party with an unusually pale stranger.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2022 at 2:04 AM · edited Tue, 01 November 2022 at 2:04 AM

Fixed the crinkle issue in the back part of the short near the trim. I should have known better than to put a smooth border on top of a corner there. All nicely rounded now, and the front and back trim have a proper overlap. At least in MD it's now simulating much nicer in that area. Of course, I can't make any guarantees for the Poser cloth room.

pylv0jurHS6EquJzeNWlocGfnkpxTckkVySPhjHf.png

I'll put the new OBJ up in a bit.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2022 at 3:02 AM

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2022 at 11:56 AM

Still having some very little pok but can you export a quad vers from MD? Those maybe will work better in Poser

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2022 at 2:17 PM · edited Tue, 01 November 2022 at 2:17 PM

odf posted at 10:31 PM Mon, 31 October 2022 - #4448104

I hear a wreath of garlic flowers around the neck is a great remedy for when one does not feel well after a private party with an unusually pale stranger.

7uh8yG5YgSluZlM0wvRLOu1dev5efo7HLngfGFiq.png

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2022 at 4:59 PM · edited Tue, 01 November 2022 at 5:00 PM

Thanks for the updated shorts. I noticed the spikey tris near the trim on the first version. I generally do a simulation and then fix any nastiness with the smooth and flatten brush, at low strengths, in Mudbox, and perhaps a bit of supplemental sculpting or moving... a bit of poke through etc is no sweat for me. I'm only doing static images... If I can fix an all Delaunay multilayered dress game rip like here...

ko9pTBwaikwWlOS6wCFe1JpZ7arMoTLZR8bHKc8d.png

O1z81DPcfriA45ux1xJKmtxtT74XinyTtJKPyy9r.png

or a Daz Dforce multilayered Habit refit translation like here...

zRTxyFZEdcPblVlwR7XP0x2koWpZDbzvNvZZiOqn.png

8rMbqadVG19PJsYR1HFJaTtuns1eCY8yv8gp16eO.png

...I wouldn't sweat some clipping on shorts on my behalf.

I did run the shorts through ZRemesher in ZBrush, as an experiment, but even at double res to quads the trim wouldn't take...

pEvkmZVE1onrRUe4UzOTFvxEw33y90UIRf05hc5n.png

If I wanted a quad version they wouldn't be too terribly difficult to retopo in Blender manually with Retopoflow... just time consuming. And have to be remapped of course.

FVB5p57LcpM6nRaMrJ2lnnR5cJgZVq7LaJZeCsC9.png

But if I were to go to all that trouble it would be silly seeing as I could just refit these V4 shorts to Antonia...

KV6uWPLCR1kTwAIReQGKolYVRuRPEd7CGhDEQbfO.png

But the point of asking for the shorts and socks was having something that fit her, more or less, out of the box. Seeing as how it will be to a custom body shape, in some rather extreme poses probably anyway, there's more than a good likelihood that intervention will be required in any event. You needn't go to any further trouble on my behalf, I can adjust things. Tris are fine, tons of my dynamic items are constructed thus, and the ones you made are more than adequate. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the socks, they're looking good so far. I'll let you know how it goes with the shorts when I get to the rendering stage, in the meantime back to morphing.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 1:46 AM

Aaaand another version... I looked at some references and went back to the original construction without the overlapping trims, just fitted the trim better to the fabric below.

NZxKZUIMeIk3MGWtIS2r0TzAFP13bTeNsngSc1Sk.png

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 1:55 AM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 1:57 AM

The shorts with two sock variants I've got in the works. Nothing too exciting, really, but having a decent sock pattern in MD will likely make other kinds of footwear easier to construct.

pZ9FVqSB0Gh7l4IbChOG3Q1bgH2PoYToa9CnfPYq.png

The thing I still need to do for the long sock is make the whole leg a rectangle in the sewing pattern because that will then produce good UVs for patterned socks.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 2:36 AM

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 3:23 AM

Dear Greasy Back-Alley Clothing Peddler,

My Halter Top collection is a bit sparse at the moment...

Love,

Svetlanka

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 3:58 AM

I just ran version 3 through zremesher and the results are perfect except for the trim. The trim is unwelded in spots in the translation and having some problems interpreting density. Can you upload a version without the trim but with the perimeters with a slight thickness such as in sort of yoga shorts? I could make a perfect retopo of that.

If not it's cool.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:06 AM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:07 AM

xfeFK4vdmbs3ZtYTc63o6mBrdaOM1szHVDQvJpza.png

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:13 AM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:14 AM

...even without the thickness added, now that I think of it, I could just use a solidify modifier in Blender and add a thickness at the edges. The re UVing on something like that would be easy. Just a suggestion for an alternate version that retopos easily into quads and could be more easily rigged perhaps.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:31 AM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 4:32 AM

If the doubled-up fabric and/or non-manifold welding are the problem for the retopo, I could just remove the fabric that's underneath the trim before exporting. Or I could make a hem and not export that.

Do you know how to remove polys by material? That would make things easier for me, I'd just add more materials, and you can pick out the parts you need.

Speaking of halter tops, here's something I just whipped up. Warm or cold? H2KE6GQgNHEVYtXinXWLCjvmL7VI40tBnGZmmzJD.png

Also, it's amazing how much trickier thigh-high socks are to work with than below-the-knee ones.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 6:20 AM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 6:23 AM

odf posted at 4:31 AM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448204

If the doubled-up fabric and/or non-manifold welding are the problem for the retopo, I could just remove the fabric that's underneath the trim before exporting. Or I could make a hem and not export that.

Do you know how to remove polys by material? That would make things easier for me, I'd just add more materials, and you can pick out the parts you need.

Speaking of halter tops, here's something I just whipped up. Warm or cold? H2KE6GQgNHEVYtXinXWLCjvmL7VI40tBnGZmmzJD.png

Also, it's amazing how much trickier thigh-high socks are to work with than below-the-knee ones.

It's probably the non manifold welding. Try not having the doubled up fabric, or yes I know how to separate things into parts/exclude/remove polys by material. In Poser or otherwise.

Warm on the halter top. I have this G8 top but the straps are a bit fiddly to refit. Plus they are disconnected straps which is kind of a pain...

6IctFDVIbRjaSyKk2Hi26t9ZyL7xSzAofuvIIQrE.jpg

So yes your version is good. The underbust thingie isn't quite what I had in mind...

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 10:33 AM

I like your halter type 

Halter tops come in many different styles 

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 3:38 PM
primorge posted at 4:13 AM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448203

...even without the thickness added, now that I think of it, I could just use a solidify modifier in Blender and add a thickness at the edges. The re UVing on something like that would be easy. Just a suggestion for an alternate version that retopos easily into quads and could be more easily rigged perhaps.

You are describing exactly my work flow. I model my clothing in MD2 with material zones where I want to add thickness with a solidify modifier in Blender or with DazStudio and the Thickner plug-in. The only difference is that I export the obj with quads out of MD2. 

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 3:52 PM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 3:53 PM
odf posted at 2:36 AM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448198

Toni Gym Shorts Version 3 - OBJ only

just for your info, obj vers. 3 gives more poks than vers 2 in the low leg part but is efectively better in side of the Short.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 5:42 PM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 5:45 PM

jroulin posted at 3:52 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448241

just for your info, obj vers. 3 gives more poks than vers 2 in the low leg part but is efectively better in side of the Short.
Maybe it's because I reduced the mesh density for the trim compared to Version 2. Will put it back up next time. I might also add some variation on export: tris and quads, thin and thick (a.k.a. solidified), so you folks can try out which works best.

To be honest, my workflow is to do all the cloth simulation in MD11 and not bother with Poser's clothes functionality. :-) But as long as it's not too much bother, I also like to make my exported meshes more amenable to use with other software.

As for the halter top, it may not surprise anyone that I made it very quickly from a bikini top, hence the "underbust thingie". For my next trick, I will attempt to remove that thingie. :-)

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 6:55 PM

odf posted at 5:42 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448252

Maybe it's because I reduced the mesh density for the trim compared to Version 2. Will put it back up next time. I might also add some variation on export: tris and quads, thin and thick (a.k.a. solidified), so you folks can try out which works best.

To be honest, my workflow is to do all the cloth simulation in MD11 and not bother with Poser's clothes functionality. :-) But as long as it's not too much bother, I also like to make my exported meshes more amenable to use with other software.

As for the halter top, it may not surprise anyone that I made it very quickly from a bikini top, hence the "underbust thingie". For my next trick, I will attempt to remove that thingie. :-)

uLXivamxKCVpjD49EchgdXZpo1uyZKgKrVxcJwAK.gif

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 7:35 PM
primorge posted at 6:55 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448256

odf posted at 5:42 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448252

uLXivamxKCVpjD49EchgdXZpo1uyZKgKrVxcJwAK.gif

Oh no, it's too late for the garlic wreath. What's that from?

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 9:27 PM

Brides of Dracula.

Vampires aside I have a special place in my heart for B Movie Scream Queens... Especially ones of the Hammer Films persuasion.

And yes, Svetlanka is exhibiting some peculiar behaviors... more on that later.

I'll have another 100 morphs for Antonia ready in, as I said, a couple of weeks more or less. Complete new character with copious expressions. A suite of Breast morphs. A custom body. A suite of additional JCMs each with a ValueOps off switch and global controls per region, and a few other things to follow that. Some textures shortly after... I won't show anything until it's all ready. It's why I haven't been posting anything to my Odd Ends thread.

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 9:39 PM
primorge posted at 9:27 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448262

Brides of Dracula.

Vampires aside I have a special place in my heart for B Movie Scream Queens... Especially ones of the Hammer Films persuasion.

And yes, Svetlanka is exhibiting some peculiar behaviors... more on that later.

I'll have another 100 morphs for Antonia ready in, as I said, a couple of weeks more or less. Complete new character with copious expressions. A suite of Breast morphs. A custom body. A suite of additional JCMs each with a ValueOps off switch and global controls per region, and a few other things to follow that. Some textures shortly after... I won't show anything until it's all ready. It's why I haven't been posting anything to my Odd Ends thread.

Ah, more goodies for her.  Looking forward to it.  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 9:46 PM
primorge posted at 9:27 PM Wed, 2 November 2022 - #4448262

Yay!

odf ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 1:51 AM

Uh-oh, I think it's spreading. Antonia claims she's on the way to an important game, but I don't think that's a regulation jersey. Or that she's even properly awake.

u4Lm2YOoag6V606k61jSTa4W09HXRbiOa8SNDVPK.png

odf ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 3:24 AM

New version of the shorts with an extra trim-inside material zone and three different topologies: Toni Gym Shorts Version 4 - OBJ only

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.