Wed, Sep 18, 2:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser 11.3 and Rtx video cards.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 10:07 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:53 AM
New PC, and noticed Poser 11.3 (latest update), and NVidia's RTX cards (Asus 3090ti Ko), is not compatible. When I do a render in superfly, they end up black, nothing. Told not to use Branched, but end up same problem. Rendering in Superfly, and turning of features ruins the fun, purpose after paying for the software. Is their something I am doing wrong that I am getting black renders?

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 6:04 AM · edited Fri, 04 November 2022 at 6:06 AM

I think poser 11 only supported the 20 RTX Series.  12 supports the 30 series.  I'd be glad myself to hear if anyone knows a way to make 11 work with the 30 series. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 12:00 PM

I can't be sure as I also have a 2080 card but in Poser12, there are two ways to use the 20xx and 30xx card: the classic GeForce  and the OptiX modes, whereas Poser11 only has the classic GeForce, so that I suppose that a 30xx card should word in this mode too.

But the fact that a render remains completely black can also happen if you're rendering in Superfly/GPU mode a scene that contains an AmbienOcclusion nodes. these are so badly not supported that they are not ignored, they can have this effect.
This kind of nodes often appears in old material settings, as it was used to enhance the result of a Firefly-based render.

If your scene is huge (many items with complicated material settings) ask: we're a few to have Python scripts to remove those nodes.
And if you know and have Sasha-16 installed, you will find in its scripts collection one that removes those AO nodes.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

jarek2001 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 2:28 PM · edited Fri, 04 November 2022 at 2:31 PM

@ Robo2010: unfortunately, you might be right:

ud3EA8eR9C91ioce6W7nZa4rWpckvPklROwYVCTQ.jpg

Poser  11.3.818 Superfly empty scene render attempt with an RTX 3070 NVidia / 522.30 SD driver

I simply haven't noticed! Like many others I use Poser 11 to setup a scene and Poser 12 to render it, usually with Optix on. 

Robo2010 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 2:35 PM · edited Fri, 04 November 2022 at 2:36 PM

I am guessing, poser 11 will not be updated on this issue because version 12 is out. I feel like I have a vehicle with a disabled feature (turbo), I can not use. I purchased the card because of more cuda cores for 3d rendering.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 3:54 PM
Forum Moderator

The Nvidia Ampere series cards, which include the 30xx series RTX cards was released almost 2 years after Poser 11 development ended. Support for Ampere cards won't be added to Poser 11.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 1:46 PM

You can always use Superfly CPU rendering but it is slooowwwww, compared to using the GPU.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 10:15 PM

This problem of incompatible / obsolete drivers is one reason I spent my GPU-cards' upgrade fund on a stand-alone network-render 'Box'. Its nimble Ryzen-7's 16 CPU threads are no-where near as fast as a GPU super-card, but doesn't have 'black-out' issues when scenes / scenery become too complex, common for this PC's now-ageing twin GTX 750 Ti cards...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.