Mon, Sep 16, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Neo for Posee

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 9:08 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

Has anyone purchased Neo the male model for Poser?

if so what is your opinion?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 9:24 PM

According to the webpage, the model is unavailable for purchase.  That's why I haven't seen any threads in the forum.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:02 PM · edited Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:03 PM

Vyuser, the creator of Neo, doesn't appear to be a selling her things here any more. She also created Nova, the female counterpart to Neo... also no longer available. Vyuser still has her store at Daz.

I could talk at length about Nova, I created some morphs and things for the figure and know it pretty well, but I never purchased Neo. Seems pointless though, as neither are available now.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:06 PM · edited Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:07 PM

Neo for Poser can be found @ Renderhub for a very discounted price.

And, on double-checking, so is Nova.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:41 PM · edited Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:49 PM

Hm. I like Nova quite a bit. If you find you use IK a lot you might have trouble with Nova, and I'm assuming Neo. Neither have IK.

Nova is a Genesis 8 derivative. Poserized. It's no big secret. Simply looking at the UVs and Topology, which is virtually identical to G8, is plain to see. The UVs are slightly differently arranged on their respective tiles, I'm assuming so that G8 textures are rendered incompatible. There's other very insignificant differences.

I like Vyuser's figures. I purchased a couple of her DS only figures from Daz. Same deal with them but they work better in DS than Nova (and I assume Neo) do in Poser. The IK thing is a hard pill to swallow. The figures bend very well and have interesting rigging atypical of Poser figures. V4 poses don't translate well, G8 Poses do with some tweaking and a means to convert them. Nova has additional leg and arm bones, and very flexible abdomen and neck, multi boned. I assume Neo is set up virtually the same way. The face is also rigged with numerous bones but aren't integrated well and are a bit tricky or clunky to use. There's some weightmapping issues with the conforming lashes, easily fixed. Also many of the crosstalk morphs with the facial conformers are poorly implemented. I also fixed that.

I had a whole thread dedicated to Nova here...

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2967563/nova-project

There's some rather elaborate morph packs that I made. Some fixes to her conforming lashes and crosstalk stuff. Some hair fits. I kind of drifted away from it because her lack of IK became annoying. It's not possible, that I know of, to manually set up an IK hierarchy with the state of her rigging and it's divergence from some Poser standards.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:46 PM

As far as where they can be bought? Shucks, I told you the paltry bit I know lol.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2022 at 6:35 AM

They;re both at Renderhub @ 15%off

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2022 at 5:52 PM

Yep I'm a sucker for an original figure (even when it's not all that "original")don't know enough about DS to recognize the resemblance don't want to validate DAZ's behavior bad COMPANY not like the band of the same name

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.