Sun, Oct 6, 6:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Monkeemobile - jpg mat file?

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2022 at 5:11 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:40 AM

sxhQVIRhgpsdofmqNZkwKRpguvoUVhpdo1oonxhH.jpgAS most of my friends know, I am a BIG Monkees fan. I have come up with a Poser problem. A very kind gentleman gifted me with a model of the Monkeemobile many years ago. Somewhere along the line I lost a jpg that goes with the model. "New GTO grill.jpg" Lost it with an old laptop ... If you are out there or if someone has this jpg could they contact me through site-mail? I would greatly appreciate it.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2022 at 9:19 PM

Boni - I know it's not ideal but could you make your own version?  It doesn't look too difficult, judging by the image.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2022 at 10:22 PM

Ah Sam, there is no UV map ... lost maps and I at a loss.  But were I better at mapping I would take you syiggestion.

Boni

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2022 at 11:11 PM

Should be easy enough to isolate that particular area.  If you have UVMapper, load the obj, select the material, then select Inverse.  Delete the current selection but DO NOT SAVE anything yet.  Now select what's left, which should be the bit you want.

Save the UV map only.

Exit UVMapper without saving anything else.

That should give you the template you need.

I'd be happy to do it for you if you could send the thing over, but I don't know what the copyright situation is on the file.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2022 at 2:22 PM

You've given me the courage to make a full uv map for this ... I wanted to put the logo on the side for a long time and this will allow me to.  Wish me luck!!

Boni

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2022 at 3:15 PM

>>> Save the UV map only.

To clarify, save the UV TEMPLATE ... there is another option to Save UVs, but that is something different. 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2022 at 3:27 PM

PS .. every time I see your tagline it brings me back to an old nightclub in Mansfield CT that is no more. Peter Tork (from around these parts) and a ton of others used to play. I remember seeing Jonathan "Sunshine Go Away Today" Edwards play there a few times as well. It was a cool place.

The Shaboo Inn, Mansfield CT. Literally TONS of others played there. Other notables:  B.B. King, Tom Petty, the Police, Miles Davis, Joan Jett, Leonard Cohen, the Talking Heads, Muddy Waters, Aerosmith, Dire Straits, Tom Waits, the Cars, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Elvis Costello, John Lee Hooker and Cheap Trick 

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2022 at 3:54 PM

So far I'm making a mess of things, but learning.  DC, what a lovely thing to share, thank you.  It is close to the time that Michael Nesmith Passed (2021) and I am trying to do some tribute art. 

Boni

Shadow^Mist ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2022 at 5:13 PM

While I have no idea how to recreate what Boni needs, I share her vision of the Monkees. Shades of Gray still moves me. Here in the US, the 1960s were tubelent. The 1970s were somethiung else--albeit hard to describe to anyone who didn't live through the adeventure. But those of us who did were forever enlightened. Go figure?

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 9:27 AM

Thank you Shadow^mist, those who know, know. 

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2022 at 3:37 PM

Ok ... found out after I received a new file from the maker ... I still have to make a uv map.  I cannot find anything about invert in UV Mapper.  I suspect I have a simplified version of the program.  I never purchased the more advanced version.  A step by step would be appreciated.  There are a couple dozen material zones that are NOT labeled obviously.  I did however find the one to the area I need.  Thank you in advance. 

boni

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2022 at 4:34 PM

I've downloaded the Pro demo ... let's see how that goes. 

Boni

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2022 at 5:29 PM · edited Tue, 13 December 2022 at 5:35 PM

Just in case

Make a copy of or load the original obj file into UVMapper Classic

In this demo I'm using a cube that has a material per face, group per face, and UV island per face. So that's 6 materials corresponding...

FTDj70cIfTlThy4I7LEuhsS5mVIZHvjJzxuZKqFs.png

pHaf1BbvY112xedoNeTqa8zDykjmMBt1NjjiPtac.png

I want a template for the bottom right UV island corresponding to material6

I go to the edit menu and choose select by material.

FigZiMVw2k0LZwkrB5qakuOVoD6uQUu8L3J8o77v.png

There's no inverse selection option in UVMapper classic so I'll have to select everything but material 6... hold shift key to select all but 6

C93emEL8G9N3kd3MjH1X7llwMp4hDk5G6F3UKAOy.png

Everything but 6 is selected, highlighted red...

EKcWCm1jgKyRgefqLXm42Glu1DEUxSzaWXQ0SW7W.png

Your mouse cursor is now a translation/movement cursor when you hover over the islands. You can move the selected islands about the tile... but first press and hold the minus key. This will scale the selected islands down. Scale the selected islands down tiny and drag them off to the side of the tile...

BmsdFW2GHd9hWxWRbCLtqx4ULaNPv3T6xx0evWCj.png

Go to File menu and select Save Texture Map...

6WOUFErVrTxs49eCVTEGtGYSK3e00eyKTWNAb94K.png

You can export your template as a bmp image. Choose the template resolution. Do not save changes when prompted. You don't want to change your UVs on the original model or save the original model out, just the modified template(Texture Map)...

ooSR9LoHyCUx69dx7EflULPaQHdX8YZpLhPJdaK7.png

Save the template out. Import it into your image editing software. Create a duplicate layer from the base layer into a new file or into the layer stack, marquee select the shrunken bits and fill with white to hide those bits if you want. You now have a template for the material6/group6/ UVIsland6 of the model. I sometimes select by color, select the black of the template lines with the eyedropper, and stroke a few pixels center of the resulting selection to give the template more pronounced lines. Just enough to emphasize but not so much to cause template inaccuracies of borders. I usually just generate my templates out of Mudbox these days though, UVMapper Classic gets confused by UDIM.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.