Wed, Oct 2, 11:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:54 am)

Subject: 3rd Annual Pin-Up Contest

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2023 at 10:36 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:31 PM
3rd Annual Pin-Up Contest Forum Announcement

Since the 1890’s, the Pin-up has been an important part of art history. Do you enjoy creating the iconic Pin-up art made famous by the great Betty Grable, James Dean, and Marilyn Monroe? Then click the enter now button below to submit your best Pin-up art into our 3nd Annual Pin-Up Contest and to find out more information about the contest.

Submissions Open Jan 03, 2023 10:00 am CST
Deadline / Voting Begins Feb 28, 2023 10:00 am CST
Voting Closes Mar 14, 2023 10:00 am CDT
Winners Announced Mar 16, 2023 CDT

Enter Now

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2023 at 2:48 PM

How many entries are permitted?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2023 at 5:08 PM
Site Admin

You can have 5

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2023 at 5:19 PM

Thank you!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2023 at 8:17 PM · edited Wed, 04 January 2023 at 8:17 PM
Site Admin

You're welcome. And thank you for drawing it to our attention that it was missing.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2023 at 5:20 PM

I'm working on a couple right now! 😁

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2023 at 6:13 PM
Site Admin

Look forward to seeing them

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2023 at 2:48 PM

I am looking forward to it too!! Thank you for your future participation. 

MRC1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2023 at 6:45 PM

Enjoyed putting entries in.  Helped in pushing my art further that I expected.  Will be checking the entries from time to time.  Looking forward to seeing who wins.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2023 at 1:31 PM

How long does it take for entries to show up as submitted and approved?

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2023 at 3:41 PM
Site Admin

Once it's approved, it should show up pretty quickly. Sometimes there's a slight delay that has something to do with the server cache that is some dark magic way beyond me. The delay is more likely between uploading and approval. There are 3 of us checking the images.

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 3:05 PM

I just have to say I've never seen so many entries to one competition!!!  I think it's awesome, but it makes me wish that there were rounds of voting to give participants better feedback on what caught people's eyes... I'm sure it would be a logistical challenge, though.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 3:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

It's currently the 3rd highest entered contest in Rendo history, and I think could make it to 2nd highest.

2022 3rd Annual Pin-up contest current status.

Entries: 427

2005 Renderosity Halloween Contest "Dawn of the Dark" end status.

Entries: 509

2006 Renderosity Halloween Contest end status.

Entries: 573

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 4:08 PM · edited Sun, 05 February 2023 at 4:09 PM

Somehow I missed last year's...  but 2014 was the first time I entered anything, so all the massive ones were well before my time :-)   Thank you for providing numerical history, Wolfenshire!

Misselthwaite ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2023 at 3:03 PM · edited Sun, 26 February 2023 at 3:09 PM

#659 is up - this makes is #1 in participation, yes?  How exciting!!!

Although, it will be a little onerous for voters to go through the whole list to look for favorites, which is an unfortunate side-effect.  I hope it manages a good voting turn-out equivalent to the entries, but moreso that people make it through more than the first few pages.  With these kinds of numbers, we almost need heats or something?

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2023 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yes, we've broken the previous 17-year record held by the 2006 Halloween contest, which was 573 entries. This contest is now sitting at 664 entries. It's a new record.

Patlabor_3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 10:45 AM

D'oh! I missed the deadline by 30 minutes (I live in another time zone.)

Thought I'd post it here rather than let it gather digital dust on my hard drive...

ZFeWjXNQinH4diOINF1W9UYfBOCmC54b3LzyAYzq.jpg

Title: Showtime!

Caption: Stealthy Sara seen stealing on CCTV. She strikes a sexy pose while streaking lasers shoot sizzling scarlet sparks.

Time: 5 hours

Software: Poser 12

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 1:44 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

2023 3rd Annual Pin-up contest final numbers.

Entries: 732 (Most entered contest in Renderosity history, beating the previous 17 year record of 573 entries by the 2006 Halloween contest)
Entrants: 212 (Ninth most entrants in a Renderosity contest, just below the 2009 Halloween contest of 232 entrants)

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 3:11 PM · edited Tue, 28 February 2023 at 3:11 PM

Wow! Lots of great entries here! Can't wait to see who gets all the marbles! LOL

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.