Thu, Oct 3, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 13 Wishlist

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 4:36 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:27 PM

i hope bondwire added these update for Poser 13:

blender cycles x for superfly 

blender eevee for poser

new poser figures

Blender Universal Human Ported to poser by Chris Jones

updated V4 M4 K4 for SuperFly material

Texture Transformer for poser 12 and 13

update ezskin: blender cycles x and eevee

FaceRoom For V4 M4 Dawn Dusk La Femme and L'Homme

Updated New Faceroom

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 5:13 AM

would be nice if they do

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 6:55 AM

Updating Cycles, a possibility

Including Eevee, I doubt it.  Even in Blender, the Eevee engine lacks certain features that Cycles do better.

New figures?????

Universal Human, I also doubt it.

Superfly Material for V4/M4/K4.  Really?  Build your own; I have and many others have also.

Texture Transformer.  ATM, this application has stagnated where Poser is concerned.

Updating EZSkin.  What Material Room node combinations would you propose for the app?  There are various combinations I have generated on my own and corrected from EZSkin3.

FaceRoom is a dead issue.  It was taken out in P12 and it is most likely not coming back.

@TOTOBooth05: Did you ever post any of these recommendations in the P12 Suggestion Thread?  It's foolish now since P13 is currently in Beta testing.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 8:57 AM

A couple of the items in your wishlist have already been promised. See here: https://www.posersoftware.com/article/559/poser-13-development-update

-They've mentioned upgrating Superfly to newest Cycles engine. Not sure if that means Cycles X.

-I don't think Eevee is as open source as Cycles is, I wouldn't count on that one.

-New female figure has been promised.

-Thaaaat's a BIG request. Poser's rigging etc systems are not like Blender's. Highly doubt that's ever gonna happen.

-Not up to Bondware crew, that one. Though I'm sure any user could release updated materials for them.

-I have no info about Texture Transformer.

-That's up to EZSkin's creator. AFAIK, he's around.

-FaceRoom has been dropped in P12, because of how wonky and expensive it is to support each figure. I highly doubt they're bringing it back.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 10:13 AM
Online Now!

When it comes to EZSkin: there's a possibility to create its own plugin, just in case.

Not sure that Poser13 will immediately get a preview for Cycles, but I've heard that it's on the way.

And as hborre wrote: I'm using Vic4 through Sasha-16 and a PrincipledBSDF-based material settings for the skin: it looks great, considering the age of Vic4.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 2:10 AM

As the Cloth Room still is one of my main tools in Poser, I'd wish for an "updated" version.

Even if it'd just be for a speed enhancement of it's calculations (with multi core and/or GPU usage), I'd be a happy camper already.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 2:44 AM · edited Sat, 03 December 2022 at 2:45 AM
Online Now!

As i wrote elsewhere: Poser's library and search function is based on a database managing system, so that it could be relatively easy to add a few functionalities in an advanced search mode: limit the search to some runtimes (or to only one never mind), a few keywords to search (in ADD or OR modes)
Poser's search function is definitely too limited: some keywords are simply too often used, dispatched on many runtimes.

And there's at least one easy way to do it: Poser's Python API.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 6:34 AM · edited Sat, 03 December 2022 at 6:35 AM

As Hborre has said, the Face Room is no more. Even if it weren't, only La Femme and L'Homme could possibly benefit. V4 and M4 belong to DAZ and since they would have to pay for the Face Room honor, which they never have before, that's dead too. Dusk and Dawn are out as well, as Chris at Hivewire is likely to say no, just as he did when he was at DAZ and did so for M4 and V4.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 10:22 AM
Online Now!
EClark1894 posted at 6:34 AM Sat, 3 December 2022 - #4450849

As Hborre has said, the Face Room is no more. Even if it weren't, only La Femme and L'Homme could possibly benefit. V4 and M4 belong to DAZ and since they would have to pay for the Face Room honor, which they never have before, that's dead too. Dusk and Dawn are out as well, as Chris at Hivewire is likely to say no, just as he did when he was at DAZ and did so for M4 and V4.

For the V4 generation: there's Sasha-18, and it's free

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 11:37 PM · edited Sat, 03 December 2022 at 11:46 PM

Wow! did you like my wishlist?

1st: Blender Universal Human Ported to poser by Chris Jones

2nd: Blender cycles x for superfly and eevee for poser 13

mr_red ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2022 at 2:37 AM

myself im hoping that a futer version of poser has an easy way to work between poser and Blender

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 12:26 AM
mr_red posted at 2:37 AM Sun, 4 December 2022 - #4450898

myself im hoping that a futer version of poser has an easy way to work between poser and Blender

Yeah, me too

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 6:46 AM

A rather avant garde and puzzlingly obscure hypothetical request

Animatable dial tracking scale; e.g. dial sensitivity somehow accessible during a dependency set up. Perhaps a peculiar request but might be useful for complex multi stage dependency animation across a range of a dial set up beyond typical 0-1 range, say a dependency that controls additional dials/morphs/transforms across the 1-3 range.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 6:55 AM

...not for 13 of course, that would be "foolish", but it would be interesting if the dependency editor got some further consideration down the road.

MarzTch ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 3:42 PM · edited Fri, 09 December 2022 at 3:44 PM

I am using Poser 12 for graphic novels/comic books - I render out black and white for coloring in digital painter softwares etc. Sometimes for creating layers, I need to isolate certain figures/objects based on "z depth" - it would really be nice to have a "SOLO" checkbox option in the properties tab next to the "Visible" checkbox - that way I can just isolate one item instead of having to "uncheck" the "Visible" on several properties tabs. Thanks

*edit - I guess with lights keeping on LOL - yeah I know it ain't easy that's why I'm a drawer not a programmer!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 6:13 PM

Have you tried Hierarchy Editor to toggle visibility on and off?  It is certainly easier than selecting the Properties Tab on each figure/object.

MarzTch ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 7:18 PM
hborre posted at 6:13 PM Fri, 9 December 2022 - #4451345

Have you tried Hierarchy Editor to toggle visibility on and off?  It is certainly easier than selecting the Properties Tab on each figure/object.

thanks i'll try that

MarzTch ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 7:41 PM

thanks so much - I learned something new - much appreciated!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2022 at 9:14 PM

You're welcome.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2022 at 10:27 AM
Online Now!
MarzTch posted at 7:41 PM Fri, 9 December 2022 - #4451359

thanks so much - I learned something new - much appreciated!

and if you have more than one figure/object to activate or hide at once: put them in groups, that way, the visibility of each "child" of a group depends directly of the group's visibility

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2022 at 2:08 AM

Water, water and water...... Ideally I would like water to render as well in Poser as it does in Vue.....

Multiple prop deletion [is that already possible?].

Integration of Genesis figures without the horlicks of DSON ...

It's a wishlist, so don't knock it, it's my preferred wishes.....I know it won't happen.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2022 at 9:56 AM

thefixer posted at 2:08 AM Sun, 11 December 2022 - #4451446

Water, water and water...... Ideally I would like water to render as well in Poser as it does in Vue.....

Multiple prop deletion [is that already possible?].

Integration of Genesis figures without the horlicks of DSON ...

It's a wishlist, so don't knock it, it's my preferred wishes.....I know it won't happen.

Water.  Superfly or Firefly?  Bagginsbill worked out realistic water shaders quite some time ago, you may need to Google search.

Multiple prop deletion.  Not yet possible with P12 although there are some scripts that work very well in P11.

Genesis figure integrations.  I seriously doubt it.  We've been down this rabbit hole before and if there isn't mutual cooperation between the competing software it will never happen.  Many users blame Bondware but this is a 2-way street, code needs to be shared and modified to create a compatible pathway between the platforms.  I'm aware that this is only a wishlist but let's be practical, have there been any gallery images of Genesis 8 rendered in Poser?  

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2022 at 1:49 PM

To delete multiple props is fairly easy.  First open the hierarchy editor.  Second Find a prop you want to delete.  Third drag all the rest of the props you want to delete to the first prop. Forth with the first prop as chosen in step 2 selected press the delete key and then make sure to check delete attached.  All selected props are then removed.

Or even easier (works in latest version of 12+) is to First open hierarchy editor. Second select first item. Third Control Select the rest of the items to delete.  Forth right click and choose Delete selected.  Fifth confirm your choice.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2022 at 2:29 PM

Ah, one of the little known facts of the Hierarchy Editor.

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 1:36 AM

We need Eevee in poser, cycles x for superfly and blender universal human ported into poser, this is deserve poser 13 to full upgrade

I hope Bondware fixing situation, future version of poser has an easy way to work between Poser and Blender,

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 3:48 AM · edited Mon, 12 December 2022 at 3:53 AM

And also light nodes, geometry nodes and if P4 Figures (Posette, Dork and Child) will getting a remaster for poser too

TOTOBooth05 ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 4:28 AM

TOTOBooth05 posted at 3:48 AM Mon, 12 December 2022 - #4451505

And also light nodes, geometry nodes and if P4 Figures (Posette, Dork and Child) will getting a remaster for poser too

i changed from geometry nodes to blender pure sky pro port to poser instead

because geometry nodes will not included

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2022 at 8:36 AM

Why include Eevee when Cycles renders so much better?  Until Eevee is fully developed and deemed superior, I would not clamor for it to be part of Poser.

ader ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2023 at 4:42 PM

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/565/poser-13-release-on-track-for-march-23 

states: "In addition, we have enhanced Poser’s remote rendering tool Queue Manager (for network-based render farms) to support GPU rendering and PostFX processing. In practice, this means a customer can render a large Poser animated sequence across a network of older CPU-only computers, high-end GPU-equipped computers, or a mixture of both. "

I take it this means we still don't get network rendering for single still images :(

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2023 at 8:26 PM

That is why I am adding a 2nd 3060 to my rig - it should cut rendertime by about a third, according to tech support.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 1:44 AM
Forum Coordinator
ader posted at 4:42 PM Mon, 23 January 2023 - #4454512

I take it this means we still don't get network rendering for single still images :(

Why would it not do stills? I take it they mention 'a large Poser animated sequence' only because that is the application where the queue is most useful.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 2:32 AM

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/565/poser-13-release-on-track-for-march-23 

states: "In addition, we have enhanced Poser’s remote rendering tool Queue Manager (for network-based render farms) to support GPU rendering and PostFX processing. In practice, this means a customer can render a large Poser animated sequence across a network of older CPU-only computers, high-end GPU-equipped computers, or a mixture of both. "

You can render still images to the Queue Manager. Just choose the Render > Render in Queue command and there you go. 8-)

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 3:15 AM

Make  it compatible with OS Mojave (Poser 12 isn't)

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 3:19 AM

TOTOBooth05 posted at 3:48 AM Mon, 12 December 2022 - #4451505

Just curious why you'd like updates of Posette, Dork, and Child. And how "major" of an update would you want? If new textures and shaders that would be pretty simple and could probably even be sold in the marketplace instead of furnished with Poser.

But if you are talking something extensive like better UV mapping and textures, better eyelash and teeth geometry, and so on, that would require a whole new OBJ file.  In that case, a newer figure would probably be a better solution..

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2023 at 3:22 PM
Online Now!

I'd love to be able to make Area Lights not visible in reflections.

There's also an issue with trying to mirror poses (one side to the other)  with V4 and M4 - that didn't use to be there. The first oddity was the eyes would get included if you wanted to mirror the arms. Now the legs and feet mess up if you try to mirror the entire body.

I'd love to see a "LOCK" object in the parameter menu - currently the only place to find it is in the dropdown object menu.

Of course, I'd love to see full integration with current daz figures... but that's dreaming.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 1:26 PM
i still user Poser2014, so i've no idea if this is something that has already be included in subsequent versions, but i'd love to be able to switch between a round and a square brush tool in regards to the Morph Brush and all other areas in which you can use a brush to define things...

jimros ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2023 at 11:20 PM

Would like to be able to use some of the older python scripts, such as  cage`s extruder, looper and skinner scripts. XL library etc.

flaviok ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2023 at 5:23 AM · edited Tue, 31 January 2023 at 5:33 AM

ter uma figura própria não terrível como   a  La Femme que só puxa para baixo o Poser , talvez  SASHA parece ser livre e precisar de poucos retoques, pois se nada for feito que estimule parece estarmos chegando ao fim da era Poser lamentavelmente.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2023 at 9:46 AM
flaviok posted at 5:23 AM Tue, 31 January 2023 - #4455067

ter uma figura própria não terrível como   a  La Femme que só puxa para baixo o Poser , talvez  SASHA parece ser livre e precisar de poucos retoques, pois se nada for feito que estimule parece estarmos chegando ao fim da era Poser lamentavelmente.

A Sasha não é livre, ela é baseada na Victoria 4 que é da Daz3d.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2023 at 7:00 AM

Tangential, I'm narrowing down the problems with imported FBX figures. More and more, is not the figures, but exporters' 3rd-party plug-ins.

Example: Truebones now do a ($$) 'PMX to FBX' conversion utility. It does not seem to use generic open-source FBX I/O code, makes nice, posable figures. Yes, even though the FBX 'version' is 'very recent', Poser_11 likes it.

Well, d'uh...

Okay, there are usually 2~~3 rigs, use the first for posing. And, yes, PMX 'TDA' figures / accessories have 'NO-PORT' T&Cs due to SL piracy, so must be shunned...

ader ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2023 at 6:26 PM
DCArt posted at 2:32 AM Tue, 24 January 2023 - #4454530

You can render still images to the Queue Manager. Just choose the Render > Render in Queue command and there you go. 8-)

I'm talking about having 4 computers and rendering a single still image with it being split across the 4 computers so it renders in a quarter of the time, I don't think Poser Queue does that... like CrowdRender for Blender does

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2023 at 2:55 AM
Online Now!

ader posted at 6:26 PM Thu, 2 February 2023 - #4455243

DCArt posted at 2:32 AM Tue, 24 January 2023 - #4454530

I'm talking about having 4 computers and rendering a single still image with it being split across the 4 computers so it renders in a quarter of the time, I don't think Poser Queue does that... like CrowdRender for Blender does

This has been confirmed elsewhere: each node computes a complete image, it is the movies that are distributed between the nodes

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

ader ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2023 at 5:04 AM

Thx, as I thought : useless for most folk. 

mescorp ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 9:02 AM

My biggest wish for P13 and Poser in general, is for more content providers to continue making content for the software. These days fewer and fewer artists are creating content for Poser, which makes me incredibly sad.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 8:02 AM

Do away with the stupid call-home requirement

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2023 at 6:55 AM

How about a "GRAB" tool on the morph brush that works with dynamics as well a standing morphs? Also modifiers would be nice.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 9:49 PM · edited Fri, 24 February 2023 at 9:55 PM
Online Now!

AW, MAN........ 😥

I just read in the latest P-13 newsletter that it WILL NOT be supporting unimesh figures I.E. V4 A4 G4, etc. I'm sure they have their reasons for that, but damn.... 😖

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/569/poser-13-a-world-of-possibilities

I guess I'll be sticking with P-12 and PP 2014. 12 years creating a series with unimesh - I'm not gonna abandon it now, because of a software change. I'll probably still get P-13 anyway, but still use the "older" versions.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 10:24 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
RodS posted at 9:49 PM Fri, 24 February 2023 - #4456836

AW, MAN........ 😥

I just read in the latest P-13 newsletter that it WILL NOT be supporting unimesh figures I.E. V4 A4 G4, etc. I'm sure they have their reasons for that, but damn.... 😖

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/569/poser-13-a-world-of-possibilities

I guess I'll be sticking with P-12 and PP 2014. 12 years creating a series with unimesh - I'm not gonna abandon it now, because of a software change. I'll probably still get P-13 anyway, but still use the "older" versions.

I don’t think that’s the Unimesh they mean. They’re referring to how poser breaks apart the groups for the bones. Poser 12 and previous don’t support it either and the mil4 figures work in them.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 10:28 PM · edited Fri, 24 February 2023 at 10:29 PM

Poser Unimesh skinning and Daz gen 4 "unimesh" are 2 entirely different things. The precious V4/M4 Poser whatsit will remain intact... they are traditional skinned figures.

Unimesh skinning not materializing after multiple instances of suggesting it would is not a good look.

At all.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 10:53 PM

That's very disappointing about unimesh.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 1:09 AM

I'm confused... 

• Support for a new figure type that maintains true unimesh geometry inside Poser to simplify content creation and cross-tool content development

Despite the many requests we've received, support for unimesh figures will not be included in Poser 13

Are these the same feature or mutally exclusive, Is or is this not going to be included?

And, what is the upgrade pricing going to be ?   I'm guessing 200-300 USD?

Some of the features sound ok, but not really worth that pricing range if thats what it's going to be, especially since features (unimesh) that where supposedly  going to be rolled out in 12 is once again being chopped. And any word on the python upgrades from some of the older pythons, I thought there was collaboration for Dimension 3D's at least.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for the python as I know it had to be upgraded, but even though ken1171 is putting out some nice replacesments, still a few that I use in 11 that has no substitute.  Also, will the scripts made for 12 still function properly in 13?  Just too many questions from my end.

I'm sorry but before I go shelling out for another upgrade, I'm going to want to see videos of everything working correctly, I don't want to be another beta tester. I did that with 12.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.