Sat, Sep 21, 6:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: I'm back--semi alive LOL

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 10:18 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:58 PM

I finally delivered the 850 prints, CDs, contact sheets from my last job--- AND took delivery of my brandy new cam today. I'm celebrating--by going to bed early LOL. I'll be back around now--a couple of weeks out of the loop, altho' while I was printing, I checked in occasionally. Diane

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 10:43 PM

I got an Olympus E-10. I've been driving the folks on the Oly SLR forum on dpreview crazy with my 'angst' about which to buy--the 10 or the 20, due out this week. I finally decided on the 10 since the new options don't affect my kind of shooting much, we all expect the images to be the same (no big changes) and I saved a bundle from 17th Street Photo. Now, I can buy some accessories Smile. Never again printing that much--got suckered into it, but they turned out great. I have 2 Epson printers on 2 computers and they ran 18 hours a day--with no hitches. Went through 38 color carts and 3 black. I swear by Atlex for good pricing on Epson ink (still haven't tried optionals). Diane

billglaw ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 12:37 AM

Quite a testimonial to your persistense. You might try to contact Epson. They might be "grateful" for the reference to the reliability and usefulness of their products. Happy hunting with your new camera.

RJH ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 2:14 AM

What models of epson were you running? Just picked up an epson and so far so good. It is a lot cheaper to run that my lexmark thats for sure. It cost me al most 200.00 in printer supplies for my lexmark.

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 8:13 PM

I have an 875DX and the new entry level 780. In the future, I plan to buy one of the wide formats, but don't really need it now. I was concerned about the 780 because its' 'build' isn't as good as the 875, but it did just fine with its 425 prints (these aren't all the same, BTW--56 different settings and 15 of each or thereabouts). I found Atlex www.atlex.com to be the cheapest for Epson print supplies--and FAST. Diane

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 9:38 PM

Suddenly, my Lexmark Z11 seems oh so chintzy... all its useful for pretty much is for making bad text prints. ry is back from toronto.

RJH ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 10:55 PM

Now I feel better I just bought a 780. My Lexmark z51 just does not seem to produce the same quality.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.