Sun, Sep 15, 1:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:15 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Body Has Turned Brown

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 3:06 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 1:33 AM

Help!  What have I done?   Sue's body has turned brown.  I can't get her back to normal! it happens to all of her renders.  Thanks!6UH2yyXR7cT7Q25N2kMBI5vqwSl3I2NybaIi65ha.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 3:17 PM
Site Admin

We need more info. What version of Poser are you using? Which render engine? Can you give us a screenshot of your shader? (advanced tab of course)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 5:47 PM

I'm tempted to say that the textures look like they didn't refresh correctly.  Have you tried entering the Material Room and selecting each Material Zone on the model?

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 2:59 PM

I'll be back. Old desktop keeps crashing (all day).

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 11:33 AM

Red Phantom  OK I found it.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 11:53 AM · edited Sat, 11 March 2023 at 2:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

romangirl posted at 11:33 AM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458121

Red Phantom  OK I found it.

I'm using Poser 11.   Sorry, there's a nude in upper right corner (library). 

dSW6TGaDWsDqYMvKvCqLv0t043NI3OME6IjCGWN1.jpg

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 11:53 AM

I'm using Poser 11.  
OK here's what I've just observed.  When I open a figure (normal skin color)   normally in the pose room, I sometimes   copy it into the library so I can easily open it in various scenes.But lately,  when I open her from the library, the dark tan covers her body (but not her head).

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 1:51 PM

Sue, RedPhantom was asking for a screenshot of the Material Room Shaders, not the Firefly render settings.

Just to clarify, you are saving the figure back to the Library?  But why when you are originally loading the figure from the Library?  Or are you?  Exactly, what is your workflow for loading figures into your scene?  As I commented above, it appears that the textures are not refreshing when you load your figure.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 3:07 PM
Site Admin

Yes, I was asking for a screenshot of the material room.

I'm asking for something along these lines. You don't need to include the figure and light controls, just the nodes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 3:09 PM
Site Admin

If you need to include nudes, just remember to mark the nudity tag at the bottom of the post near the add comment button. I added for that one

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 3:34 PM

Here is the Materials Room.  If I were to create this image in the Pose Room, I might decide to copy it into the library

as a figure (above right corner).  When I'm lucky enough to get a + (add to library),  I can easily find it in the Figures library,   pop it into a scene without having to create it in the pose room again with clothing and poses.. But lately, when I pick it from the library as a figure, the body turns up brown.   Sorry to confuse you all. 

P0TIA62kiZJI501n7W8JsGm1ojqtMgGKywxEmMac.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 4:02 PM

I think you're doing things unnecessarily in terms of using the Library to save your completed figure.  You can save a partial PZ3 scene where you can only export the figure and clothing without resorting to saving them into the Library; it's similar to saving a scene except you choose what you want to export.  It can be found under File > Export > Partial Scene.  

To be perfectly honest with you, that skin shader is a complete disaster.  It has colored chips that are no longer necessary, there is an active ambient channel that shouldn't be and the Reflection_Lite_Multi check box should not be checked.  This is a very old Material Room hack that should no longer be used.  I suspect that this is why textures are not loading properly when you load the figure into the scene, it requires going into the Material Room and selecting each body zone to persuade the textures to appear.  I have seen this happen before.

BTW, you do realize that you are in the search section of the Library.  If you want the different categories, you should be in the Library Tab for saving figures and props.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 5:14 PM
Site Admin

It's hard to tell what's going on with the shader where all the nodes are all compressed and hidden, but I agree with hborre that it appears to be an old texture that is now obsolete.

I do save figures to the library all the time for my stories and don't have this issue.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 5:52 PM

You are correct. Technically, it shouldn't be an issue but unexplained erratic behavior sometimes does crop up.  It's very frustrating when you can't figure out why it happens and there is no solution on how to correct or avoid it.  But I have seen this before and it comes down to the textures not loading correctly or not refreshing at all.  It could be a texture caching problem or a bad setting.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 8:57 PM · edited Tue, 14 March 2023 at 8:57 PM
Site Admin

I've also had issues where two items have different texture maps that have the same name and it loads the wrong one. I was thinking it might be an issue here, but the image name seems rather unique so it's unlikely.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 9:42 PM

At this point, I would run EZSkin on this depending on which Poser version is used really quick and save the figure after that. That skin shader is...weird.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 10:59 PM

I quite agree with you, Rhia.  EZSkin would be the best solution to simplify the Material shader and get it to render correctly.  Trying to decipher how the nodes were assembled and how they interact with each other is a daunting task.  I could figure it out but is it really worth it when there's a better alternative.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 7:21 AM
Site Admin

I agree too, ezskin would be the best option

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 10:23 AM

Oh. In case you need the link, here is the latest to download it from:

https://cobrablade.net/snarlygribbly/poser.html

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 11:38 AM

Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2023 at 11:45 AM
Rhia474 posted at 9:42 PM Tue, 14 March 2023 - #4458470

At this point, I would run EZSkin on this depending on which Poser version is used really quick and save the figure after that. That skin shader is...weird.

Couldn't find a link to download it.   I have Poser 11.  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2023 at 1:50 PM

The link is in the post below the one you quoted.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 12:56 PM

Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:08 PM

EZSKIN no longer supported by Snarlygribbly.

UGH, when I download , it opens in Poser 7, which hangs up..  I'm Poser  11.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:10 PM

EzSkin 2 works perfectly fine in Poser 11. Not sure what you mean by it opens in Poser 7. Where did you install it?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:11 PM

You did download EZSkin 3 for Poser 11?  It's in the list if you scroll down.  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:14 PM · edited Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:16 PM

AFAIK Poser 11 does not work with EZSkin 3--that is for P12?

ETA: nevermind, you do need EZSKin 3 for P11. here is what you need:

p0fiCGGaqbpzlZFRCEoyuyM325wjjC26xU8Z1yUV.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 1:17 PM

There is an user guide in the zip file when you open it. P{lease folow that as to how to install it. Do not just clik on the Python.

UNPACKING EZSKIN3

The EZSkin v3 distribution comes as an archive in .zip format. Check you have the following files:

 EZSkin3.pyc

 EZSkin v3 user guide in pdf format (this document)

 a folder with Presets

 a folder with Figure Definitions

 a folder with Custom Shaders.

 a readme file

 a license file

1) Extract all files from the zip archive to a folder of your choice. This can be anywhere you like. When EZSkin needs to find files it starts by looking in your main Runtime folder so you may find it convenient to choose that as a location for extracting the files, but you will be able to browse to whatever location you chose anyway.

2) Copy EZSkin3.pyc to the ScriptsMenu folder in the Runtime/Python/poserScripts folder of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable. Note that while this location is recommended, EZSkin will in fact run from any location. EZSkin does not need write access to the folder from which it is run.

3) Run EZSkin and import the figure definitions (you may prefer to create these from scratch though)

4) Run EZSkin and import the Presets (Again, you may prefer to create your own)

Set up the custom shader engines folder: Create a folder anywhere on your computer to which you have write access. Then copy the files from the zip's 'Custom shaders' folder into your newly created folder. Run EZSkin and open the settings dialog. Set the 'Custom shader engines' folder to the newly created folder.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 2:42 PM

Thanks so much, all.  I will run EZSKIN, but today, I messed around with different skins in the library,  skins for characters I purchased.  I was shocked to see that the normal skin color came back, at least for now.  So thanks again for all your help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.