Thu, Oct 3, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 4:54 pm)

Subject: Can't Get Past Language Selection Box on Install

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 6:37 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 9:18 PM

My install gets to the select language box.  English is the default and what I need.  When I click on Continue, nothing happens.  Am I too impatient, or is it stuck?

Also, the  installer for Poser 13 won't let me choose approve so I can't install it either.

Help!  I want to play.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 1:54 PM

I finally got Poser 13 to install after messing with lots of folder and drive permissions plus installing as Administrator on my laptop.  The last Windows 11 update did a number on my permissions.  I can't even do Cut/Copy/Paste from my usual folders.

Helpful tip - after you get Poser 13 installed and the software asks for the serial number, don't use the caps lock. Just type the letters lower case.  Don't forget the hyphens (-).

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 5:14 PM

If you have to install user software via administrator, then Windows is completely screwed and a new installation is recommended.

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 5:25 PM

I don't think anyone here will invest much money in figures anymore. If you look around in the 3D world, you'll find new 3D-Human developments and brute new entries into the 3D world (which will grow even more rapidly through the use of AI) on every corner.
Have you seen the approach of "MetaHuman" (part of UnReal-Engine)? They'll be dumping characters at the beginning to get people onto their platform. And what they have to offer is just insane.
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/metahuman

And they're not the only ones. Even DAZ will have a hard time to stay the market leader in the near future.

EVargas ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 7:31 PM

adp001 posted at 5:25 PM Fri, 31 March 2023 - #4460239

I don't think anyone here will invest much money in figures anymore. If you look around in the 3D world, you'll find new 3D-Human developments and brute new entries into the 3D world (which will grow even more rapidly through the use of AI) on every corner.
Have you seen the approach of "MetaHuman" (part of UnReal-Engine)? They'll be dumping characters at the beginning to get people onto their platform. And what they have to offer is just insane.
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/metahuman

And they're not the only ones. Even DAZ will have a hard time to stay the market leader in the near future.

I see your point, but Unreal has a steep learning curve compared to the easy of use of both Daz/Poser for the average hobbyist, also metahuman cannot be used outside Unreal:
"Characters generated in MetaHuman Creator, including those in the sample project, are licensed for use in Unreal Engine projects. This means that you must render MetaHumans with Unreal Engine; you cannot render them outside of Unreal Engine."

EVargas.Art

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.