Fri, Jul 19, 4:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 19 11:16 am)

Subject: Sorry I don't know if this is appropriate. But for fans/Admirerers of PhilC

Uncanny_Film ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 10:06 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:07 PM

I log into my old Facebook that I haven't used in a while. And saw a post about PhilC from his family. I've been Facebook friends with him for a really long time. Again I'm sorry I don't know if this is appropriate. But this is the message I saw on his Facebook profile.

IjAWcbPIyninr4XI8bIADlrTUOkvz2EbhF4F6S7A.png

I know he was a big part of the community. And I even recently bought one of his apps. I recently sent him a message about it and now I see why I haven't gotten a response in over a week.

Win10 - AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, 16-Core, 32 Thread 4.4 GHz - 128GB Ram - X2 GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 3D-connexion  

Poser 12 | Octane Render |  Real-Flow | 3DCoat | Speed Tree | Adobe Premiere  |  Adobe After Effects |  Adobe Audition |  Adobe Photoshop

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 12:04 PM

Hi.

We have an article about his passing HERE

He will be very missed. 

Jenn

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 1:06 PM

Oh man. Oh man. I've been thinking of him recently.  This is so sad to hear. 8-(

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 1:46 PM

That is very sad, indeed!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 2:12 PM

A dark day for Renderosity, indeed1   Rest In Peace.

jarek2001 ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 2:33 PM

Sad news indeed.

R.I.P

PhilC

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 3:12 PM

Very sad news.  Phil was a real gent.

RIP.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 3:59 PM

Very sad news and a massive loss to the community.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:10 PM · edited Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:12 PM

He was one of the first members to create freebies for us, here at Renderosity. I once met him in the former Renderosity chat room and thanked him for sharing his amazing work.

R.I.P. PhilC

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:21 PM
Online Now!

He was very, very patient with me when I bought my first copy of Wardrobe Wizard after I dipped my toes into Poser. He will be missed by many.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:27 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

He will be missed. He was a great guy

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:30 PM

He was always helpful and could be very funny too, this is very sad news.

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 5:31 PM

So very sad. He was a wonderful and very sharing person. He will be missed.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 9:26 PM

So very sad. PhilC was a 3D master. Every time I use Wardrobe Wizard, I say, "Thanks, Phil."

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 11:32 PM

He was only 68. Way too young. A true pillar of the Poser community.

Graybeard ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 5:48 PM

Sad news RIP Phil

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 9:37 PM
randym77 posted at 11:32 PM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459243

He was only 68. Way too young. A true pillar of the Poser community.

That does seem on the young side considering life expectancy these days but then a sad loss at any age.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 3:15 AM
Forum Coordinator

Sad to hear this. I learned a lot from him.

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:25 PM

Certainly it's appropriate to mark the passing of such a figure as PhilC RIP

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

NikKelly ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 4:23 PM

An era has ended...

It's only a year or so since PhilC patched one of his registered tools for me to work with Win'10...

:-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 1:30 PM
NikKelly posted at 4:23 PM Fri, 24 March 2023 - #4459492

An era has ended...

It's only a year or so since PhilC patched one of his registered tools for me to work with Win'10...

:-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(

That was Phil for you.  Although he'd retired from Poser, he'd still step in to help out.  A real gent.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 3:22 PM

Phil had the best customer service of anyone - he'd often get back to you the same day to help you resolve any issues you might have.

As Terry Pratchett once said “No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.” Well, Phil, you made some very positive ripples in this community. We won't forget you any time soon.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 12:32 AM

I haven't posted anything here in a long time but I still check back to see if anything major has happened. This makes me very... very very sad. :(

RIP Phil, one of the best and nicest people in this community.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 2:01 PM

'tis the end of an era; this news confirms it.

Requiescat in Pacem, PhilC.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 2:02 PM

Aww, RIP to a very kind and generous gentleman.

NikKelly ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 7:46 PM

May I point out that PhilC's wife died a few months earlier, so that family has suffered a double tragedy...

:-( :-( :-(

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:52 PM
Online Now!

I took my first steps into PoserPython using the only existing full-fledged tutorial ever made for Poser, and it was written by Phil Cooke. I was a big fan of his scripts for Poser, and they have left their mark in my Poser history. He will be missed!!!!!!!!

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

pigfish9 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 1:26 PM

He has left a giant hole in the Poserverse.  I have been using his creations since Vicky no number.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 3:59 PM

He was and still is one of the guiding lights.

I will always be thankful for his vision and ready help.

he will be sadly missed by so many.

my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. 

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 4:33 PM

This is really sad news, and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

SteveCampsOut ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 2:35 AM

Rest in Peace Phil. Heaven has a new star.

goldie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2023 at 1:47 AM

So sorry to hear of Phil's passing.  He truly was one in a million.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 6:16 AM

I had missed this.  :(

Requiescat In Pace, Phil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 11:42 AM

Could a nice tribute be added to the 'In Memoriam' section ??

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 11:41 AM

Very sad news :(

I learned so much from him when I started Poser 20 years ago!

We will miss you so much Phil :(

Rest in peace

Store | DeviantArt | 

Poser 12, DazStudio 4.21, Blender 2.83 - LinuxMint 21 - Ryzen 5 RAM 16G, GTX 1650 VRAM 4G 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.