Wed, Sep 18, 11:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: Poser 13 Issues

wmcole ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:24 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:35 PM

1. Poser 13 installer has the same issue as Poser 12: it gets an error trying to create a registry key for .crz file types.c8GQ16SyK2XDzsBvNmRqARIdhZUgYhUFsHPudj2S.PNG

2. Poser 13 (unlike Poser 12) seems to ignore the Windows 10 Settings>Display> Scale and Layout setting.  Windows defaulted this setting to 150% to accommodate my 32" 4K monitor.  Most other apps (and all updated since Windows 10 release) follow this UI scale setting.  Those that don't have UI text that is impossibly small and almost unreadable without some sort of magnification.  In Poser 13 I had to manually set Edit->General Preferences, Interface->UI Scale to 1.5.  This ALMOST fixed the issue with text too small to read easily on all the controls and menus EXCEPT FOR THE PARAMETER DIALS WINDOW.  Or, perhaps it did scale them, but certainly not by 1.5x.  Hopefully this can be fixed sot the text in the Parameter Dials window is a more readable size.

3. Content Installers: they appear only available through the Purchase tab of the Libraries window.  In your account downloads, if you click on the link for Poser 13 content you are taken to the Poser 12 content page.  There appears to be no way you can download the content .zip files to a locally persistent location so you can back them up to offline storage for safe keeping.  In this day-and-age of mergers and disappearing developers etc. there is no "hedge" against the PoserSoftware download feature disappearing making it impossible to recover from a fatal drive / system failure where you lose everything from a working, perma-license application, but can re-install it to a repaired / new system from offline installers.

Other than that, I have played very little with the application , but initial appearances, after the start screen, everything looks pretty much the same as Poser 12 so should be easy to load and continue to work on existing scenes although you may have to locate some textures etc in a "legacy" location.

wmc

tim ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:53 PM
Site Admin

The issue with accessing content for Poser 11 & Poser 13 from website Downloads page has been fixed.

wmcole ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 5:39 PM

Thanks for the info.  Content packages downloaded - Scrub #3.

wmc

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 9:17 PM
wmcole posted at 8:24 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #2978411

1. Poser 13 installer has the same issue as Poser 12: it gets an error trying to create a registry key for .crz file types.c8GQ16SyK2XDzsBvNmRqARIdhZUgYhUFsHPudj2S.PNG

2. Poser 13 (unlike Poser 12) seems to ignore the Windows 10 Settings>Display> Scale and Layout setting.  Windows defaulted this setting to 150% to accommodate my 32" 4K monitor.  Most other apps (and all updated since Windows 10 release) follow this UI scale setting.  Those that don't have UI text that is impossibly small and almost unreadable without some sort of magnification.  In Poser 13 I had to manually set Edit->General Preferences, Interface->UI Scale to 1.5.  This ALMOST fixed the issue with text too small to read easily on all the controls and menus EXCEPT FOR THE PARAMETER DIALS WINDOW.  Or, perhaps it did scale them, but certainly not by 1.5x.  Hopefully this can be fixed sot the text in the Parameter Dials window is a more readable size.

3. Content Installers: they appear only available through the Purchase tab of the Libraries window.  In your account downloads, if you click on the link for Poser 13 content you are taken to the Poser 12 content page.  There appears to be no way you can download the content .zip files to a locally persistent location so you can back them up to offline storage for safe keeping.  In this day-and-age of mergers and disappearing developers etc. there is no "hedge" against the PoserSoftware download feature disappearing making it impossible to recover from a fatal drive / system failure where you lose everything from a working, perma-license application, but can re-install it to a repaired / new system from offline installers.

Other than that, I have played very little with the application , but initial appearances, after the start screen, everything looks pretty much the same as Poser 12 so should be easy to load and continue to work on existing scenes although you may have to locate some textures etc in a "legacy" location.

wmc

I got that while trying to install Poser 13 but then I also used to get the same message installing Poser 12.  In both cases I just selected the 'ignore the error and continue' and all seemed to work fine.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

722 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 3:35 PM

dragging from materials over the figure or object in the scene will not apply the material to it.

722 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 5:04 PM

old figures have one axis zeroed and locked scratching my head ???

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 5:16 PM

722 posted at 5:04 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460785

Not sure if I understand correctly your question but just in case, check this:

2sZytCKVltZ42Sz6NaMxLZuK6ADulsP1mV5Y6xvR.png

Same Min Max means that you can't move.
Sometimes, the Sensitivity is so low that it literally can't move

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

722 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2023 at 9:01 PM
Y-Phil posted at 5:16 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460787

722 posted at 5:04 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460785

Not sure if I understand correctly your question but just in case, check this:

2sZytCKVltZ42Sz6NaMxLZuK6ADulsP1mV5Y6xvR.png

Same Min Max means that you can't move.
Sometimes, the Sensitivity is so low that it literally can't move

Yes some of old figures the mini limites is set at zero don't know why that would be changed in poser13

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.