Mon, Sep 9, 6:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: So, since nobody else asked...

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 11:57 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 5:09 PM

...what steps have Poser 13 taken to bring in users from you-know-where? Do we simply ditch all the existing content we have for The Other App (of which I have way more than a terabyte of)? 

Maybe I should ask this way: is there some sort of working path to import (or perhaps natively use?) existing Studio content that doesn't involve losing a multitude of features, or a non-convoluted process where hopes and prayers aren't required as part of that process?

Even with my income, $250 USD = a lot of ducats to gamble with as to whether or not an application will ease any transitions from competing content sources, at least to invite new (and in my case, old/former) users.

I think I know the answer, but I wanted to ask anyway, just for the record.

As for why I ask? Let's dispel some notions: I ask because It never hurts for a software house to keep their competition on its toes, and for us consumers, it never hurts to have options at hand.

Sunfire ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:02 PM
Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:19 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:20 PM

Does Poser 13 NOT support adding the Daz3D Runtime like previous versions used too?

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:25 PM

There is a 21 day free trial period. You don't have to spend money to check it out.

However, I think any compatibility with DS will be through something like FBX. DAZ is no longer offering DSON, and would not allow Bondware to update it, or make their own version.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:40 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:48 PM
Forum Coordinator

Joe@HFG posted at 1:19 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460013

Does Poser 13 NOT support adding the Daz3D Runtime like previous versions used too?

Who says it doesn't ? 

Nothing has changed there. Poser13 has exactly the same Runtime requirements as the last versions. Nothing has changed except maybe that new 'included' folder. In Poser 13 optional content and barebone minimal content are installed separately and in separate folders, as appropriate and useful. 

All existing Poser format stuff in DS runtimes does work as before.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:55 PM
FVerbaas posted at 1:40 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460017

Joe@HFG posted at 1:19 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460013

Who says it doesn't ? 

Well, the OP inferred that we couldn't us a lot previously purchased stuff from a certain company.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:57 PM

If it loaded it P12 it should load in P13. Materials as always need tweaking.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:04 PM
To avoid the tedious work of reloading all your runtimes into P13, use the 'Link Previous Runtimes' script under Scripts>Utility from P12, P11, or PP2014.  Also, don't attempt to change any P13 related-character shaders with EZSkin3; there are no PoserSurface nodes in those material zones that EZSkin needs to convert the textures.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:58 PM

I recant the EZSkin comment.  ATM, the Miki 4 P13 skin shaders are useless in the preview room.  Whoever did the conversion was not aware that the PhysicalSurface is not stable on its own to show a decent preview.  If the techs are keen on dropping the PoserSurface sometime in the near future, they need to fix the PhysicalSurface first.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 2:59 PM

Thank you for your answers.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 7:24 PM · edited Fri, 07 April 2023 at 7:28 PM

Except for mostly new content from DAZ all of my older content from them works fine. However, while I didn't really expect anything overnight, it does still irk me that almost any page I open on this site still contains an abundance of Studio content for sale. They won't be bringing any new or old users in from you know where.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.