Wed, Sep 18, 2:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: How to get "James" (beginner question)

hoppo ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 3:28 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

New to Poser. I need to do some basic anim of ancient Egyptians.  I bought this Prop set  It says for "James" in Poser.  Questions:

1. Which "James"? I see this P6James  and this G2James 

2. Do I need to buy this "James" and install it in Poser? Or does he come in some default install?

3. Is there a tutorial for importing props like the ones above and putting them on "James"?

Thanks

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:00 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

That looks like p6James, though the Simon version will probably work with Jamesg2. James comes with Poser. I think James G2 does as well. The products say they are smart props so you load James first and then the prop and it should parent to James.

The skirt is dynamic. This means you will need to use the clothroom for it to follow any bends of the figure. Here's a tutorial for that https://www.renderosity.com/premium-tutorials/176/using-dynamic-cloth-in-poser-12

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vopehov506 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:04 PM · edited Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:12 PM

James comes with poser it is found in the additional downloads. It depends what Poser version you have access to, the zip file names might differ a little, but it is Included in any case. James was first released in Poser 6 actually never upgraded since then and was a original content of poser releases. New Dolls were added to poser on every release until SM poser 11 as Complete working packages.

JamesG2 was a extended Package sold at contentparadise and James G2 - Ultimate Head Morphs were sold at RDNA 

hoppo ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:09 PM · edited Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:13 PM

Thanks. I just dl'd the trial version of Poser 13. In it, I clicked "Install Core Content" (~420MB). Once it's done, on the right, when I go to "Library->Poser 13 content->Figures->Mannequins", I only see "Andy P13". Below, in "Included->Figures->Mannequins", I see "Andrea, Andy 2/P11, MilkManAndy," but not "James". If "James comes with Poser", does he become available only you upgrade to the paid version?

vopehov506 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:16 PM

If you have a prior Poser version then you should have James for sure as you will find him in all of them since Poser 6 just link the content to Poser 13

hoppo ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:21 PM

I'm new to Poser, I don't have a prior version. It sounds like I need to install an older version of Poser (with James), save its content, install Poser 13, then link to the content from the older version.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 4:29 PM

If you do not have any prior Poser versions then you will sure get it as a part of Poser 13 if you buy this one, if you are not interested in Poser 13 then you can also get your self a older version 11 or 12 that would cost you less but this part of content is only included in a full version not in the trial.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 5:45 PM

James is not part of the Core Content, he is in a separate P6 bundle with Jessi, Ben, and Kate.  But consider if you are only test-driving P13 then that part of the 'purchases' may not be accessible to you.  Since you did purchase the Egyptian Farmer Props, it only stands to reason that you are interested in acquiring a version of Poser to meet your needs.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 9:06 PM

I think hborre is right. James is free with Poser, but not with the trial version. Which makes sense. There's no way to keep people from using content once the trial period expires, so it can't be included.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 7:31 AM · edited Tue, 04 April 2023 at 7:33 AM

@hoppo

The one thing that you aren't considering is that the Poser trial is only 21 days. After that you will have to purchase a license anyway. 

The current version of Poser is Poser 13, which includes both James and Simon G2 (which are both listed as compatible with your Egyptian outfit). James and SimonG2 should also be included in Poser 12. 

Since that Egyptian set looks like they are created as props, you will need to read up on how to use the cloth room in Poser. It looks like there is a PZ3 file set up, so the cloth room parameters may already be preset for you.

Zaarin ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 11:20 AM

That kilt is so simple that resizing it for other figures should be super easy, too, even for someone new to Poser.

SteveCampsOut ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 1:53 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2023 at 1:54 AM
hoppo posted at 3:28 PM Mon, 3 April 2023 - #2978497

New to Poser. I need to do some basic anim of ancient Egyptians.  I bought this Prop set  It says for "James" in Poser.  Questions:

1. Which "James"? I see this P6James  and this G2James 

2. Do I need to buy this "James" and install it in Poser? Or does he come in some default install?

3. Is there a tutorial for importing props like the ones above and putting them on "James"?

Thanks

Since the Sales page lists James, Simon G2 as well as Michael 4 I would assume it works with the Poser 6 James, & Koji figures as well as the Poser 7 G2 figures James, Simon, Koji and Kelvin and Michael 4. James came default with Poser 6. He and the original Koji share the same configuration bodywise. The G2 figures came later and were then the base figures in Poser 7. I don't follow DAZ, so I don't know why Michael 4 is included as a figure that this prop works on.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 7:00 AM

Michael 4 came in 2 flavors, Daz and Poser.  The vendor decided to make it compatible with James, Simon G, and M4.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.