Wed, Sep 18, 2:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: I need help with older version

FrozenStar ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 8:34 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 4:23 PM

Hi all. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a copy of Poser Pro 2012 from way back won during a holiday contest here on Renderosity. I have a whole lot of V4 files I'd like to use but I can't install this copy of Poser on my laptop for lack of a DVD drive. Is there any way to find an installer for Poser Pro 2012? I know it's a decade old program but I have the cd key and would love to still be able to use it, along with all my V4 files. I tried the Poser software page but they only have installers for Poser 11,12 and 13 that is now on trial. Is there anyone who knows a solution to my problem?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 10:51 AM

Try the Wayback Machine? https://web.archive.org/web/20120314193554/http://poser.smithmicro.com/trial.html

I clicked on a few download links and it actually started downloading 😄

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 3:24 PM

I don't know which operating system you are using but at least Windows 10 if you manage, with the help of of friend, to get an ISO copy of your DVD, let's say on an external drive, then by double-clicking on it, it will appear as a new drive, giving you the opportunity to use your DVD as if it was physically in your computer.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 4:54 PM
Y-Phil posted at 3:24 PM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #4462365

let's say on an external DVD drive

If you watch Antique Roadshow you might get lucky. Has it been that long already?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 6:32 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 4:54 PM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #4462381
Y-Phil posted at 3:24 PM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #4462365

let's say on an external DVD drive

If you watch Antique Roadshow you might get lucky. Has it been that long already?
also lol

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 8:40 PM

Tangential, what USB ports do you have ? There are many budget external USB_3 and/or USB_c DVD drives available on eg Amazon, somewhat fewer with USB 2.0 ...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 1:57 AM

External DVD read/write drives are dirt cheap on Amazon

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SteveCampsOut ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 2:18 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2023 at 2:19 AM
FrozenStar posted at 8:34 AM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #2978767

Hi all. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a copy of Poser Pro 2012 from way back won during a holiday contest here on Renderosity. I have a whole lot of V4 files I'd like to use but I can't install this copy of Poser on my laptop for lack of a DVD drive. Is there any way to find an installer for Poser Pro 2012? I know it's a decade old program but I have the cd key and would love to still be able to use it, along with all my V4 files. I tried the Poser software page but they only have installers for Poser 11,12 and 13 that is now on trial. Is there anyone who knows a solution to my problem?

For less than $20 you could just pop for a USB DVD Drive for your computer at Amazon here.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 2:20 PM

Well, I think we all agree you can get a DVD drive from Amazon. :D

My Store

My Gallery

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 5:00 AM

FrozenStar posted at 8:34 AM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #2978767

I believe that someone in here should be able helping you out for this version, giving you the download links for Poser Pro 2012 if you have the key there is no problem at all. With your CD you will not get far and it will rather be useless for you, you will also need the updated versions of SR3.2 these are essential for it to work correctly. then you also need a Flash activator to reenable Flash locally on your computer that makes the library work in a correct way, this should also be around. Buying a CD drive would just be a waist of money for sure and you would end up asking again for help getting poser 2012 working correctly on your system.

So someone just should provide the necessary installers if you have the possibility downloading 4.5 gig of installers. If you just need the basic app installer without content then it would be about 1.5 gig with the updates and Fusion 

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 5:05 AM

if you have a little patience I might be able gathering these Installers for you from my old backup drives. have to check if I can make a upload as I just use a cellphone for the Internet.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 3:55 PM

Or... OP could simply buy a chuffin' DVD drive from Amazon. :D

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.