Mon, Jul 8, 1:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 11:17 am)

Subject: Arrange nodes script

noxiart ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2023 at 11:57 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

Quick question:

Is there any replacement for the Poser 10 "arrange nodes" script for Poser 13 available?

I use(d) it quite often to tidy up the material room.

Thanks!

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 12:08 AM

There is one for Poser 12 in the free stuff, not sure if it works in 13 thou...

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/87005/node-tidier-3

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

noxiart ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 12:30 AM · edited Sat, 22 April 2023 at 12:30 AM

Thanks, but all I get is this:

DUBVNH6iFsK1Fikt2WukHB2dbliA4Rymg0mSwe3m.jpg

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:31 AM

I would think this would work since it's using the same updated Python code.  What you can do is install it through Poser 13 File> Install from a zip archive  I would hope that things would be put where they belong if the zip is set up correctly which from looking it over it is.  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:33 AM

I have to say that I stumbled upon the same error message, until the moment when I launched directly (from Poser's menu > Run PYthon script, directely in the material room)

runtime : Python : poserScripts : structure : nodeTidier : _noteTidier_3.pyc

I suppose that the error message comes probably from a problem with the way it's installed or configured. When I launch directly the named compiled script, it works.

g7Ny6QYmZSJP7L7bKf2pJjT573gtxe8OugSjLV3P.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:48 AM · edited Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:48 AM

There are a couple things.  The Justify doesn't work and if you change the colors for the UI (two options at the bottom of the UI) the fonts for "Choose Colors" and "Number of Rows" the font doesn't go white if you chose that as the updated color.  So you can see below my updated look which looks nice to me.  BUT the fonts are barely legible.  I've reported this to Structure! 

CdfsZydktfnOaOdtLPVLP6k7foKGvkcE7q3f9TPP.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 11:17 AM

If I'm not wrong, this tool was for Poser12, he probably will have to correct it for Poser13.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

noxiart ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 3:08 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2023 at 3:16 PM

Well, it actually runs when I do the File --> Run Python Script --> click --> click --> click --> click ... song and dance. So, yes, thanks for that.

But to be actually useful, I need it to start directly from "Scripts -- Utility" like the old script did and without all the nested vanity folders.

Is that possible?

Knowing myself, if it's too cumbersome to use, I probably won't use it at all.  :-(

BTW, seriously, how many places / folders ARE there in Poser where a python script can hide itself?

There's Python and scripts and PoserScripts AND subfolders with subfolders nested, and then there's Scripts.

Is it so hard to JUST have ONE folder where all these scripts go?

noxiart ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 4:57 PM

Some observations:

Once launched, it worked very well. Has A LOT more options than the old script. (Which can be a bit cunfusing, though)

"Justify" doesn't seem to work, though. (Aligning through x-axis)

I have to look into it, though.

I had to click it, twice, as the first click messed up the OpenGL preview.

Seems to be a general Poser 13 problem, that "doing stuff" in the material room can easily mess up the OpenGL preview.

These were also the only occurences when Poser 13 crashed on me to desktop.

So far I only used it with Firefly materials. Can't say if there are any problems with Superfly.

All in all, thanks again to all who tried to help.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 12:56 PM

Hello,
Sadly, Structure died some time ago, so there will be no more updates to this script.
When he began developing it, I did give him a whole bunch of code as a starting point. it looks like he added some options and a user interface, which is good.

When I get the chance, I'll take a look and see if there's anything that needs fixing.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Shadow^Mist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 2:17 PM

Like noxiart, I only use firefly and can’t speak to Superfly or Cycles rendering. I use Structure’s Node Tider 3.0 in both Poser 12 and Poser 13 with the settings shown below. Haven’t experienced any problems—and I rely upon it extensively. But as Y-Phil noted, one must load it directly from the python script menu as opposed to wherever the “install from Zip Archive” function puts it. As shown below, it aligns all the nodes Face-Off included in his original real skin shader, which predates Poser 11. It also works for things more current.

I’m very sad to hear of Structure’s passing. Always appreciated the insight he passed along.

CbRFbxpbFEqQX3EIXEUBa9r4b9INQgRmqHqraRzi.png

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 4:37 PM

Faceoff's Real Skin Shader?  I thought no one used it anymore since Bagginsbill introduced VSS and the proper way to set up skin shaders.

Shadow^Mist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 4:52 PM

Not sure what a "proer way" requires--but I've used Paul's shader consistantly since he first released it. And (no offense to the Superfly guys) but I haven't found anything comperable. Of course, each of us focuses on what our own art requires. Mine is good with what was, aslthough I wish it might have improved to what might be today. But, as I've said in other posts--the end line is what you want your art to be. Poser is only a tool towads that objective. And that tool includes everything from the original release to Poser 13.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.