Tue, Oct 22, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:01 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Couple of ideas for the store...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 6:13 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 11:35 AM

Hi,

Just noticed the new changes to the story and like the layout of it, but there are a couple of things that would make going through it a lot easier for customers...

1.) Search by Product Genre:  Personally, I liked that we had been able to look for items that we wanted/needed to purchase by selecting the figure mesh and then the genre of the item (Everyday/Fashion/Fantasy/Sci-Fi) this made finding the items easier than having to scroll through hundreds of pages of assets that have no bearing on what I am looking for. Sure, I might be able to add "Sci-Fi" to the store's search feature, but that only works if that product was tagged as that when uploaded.

Many may think that having customers hunting through other content would/could deliver increased awareness and impulse sale purchases might attract increased purchasing... but, honestly, it doesn't. What it does is actually frustrates the user who has a particular product that they are looking for or hope to find in your store and by the 15th page of scrolling, through mismatched product (even during a search) to only get frustrated and decide to look elsewhere (namely your competitors).

Imagine Amazon's store without Department and product tags... how confusing it would be for their customers or requiring their customers to try and guess what tags might be attached to a product for the site's search features to work.

Having multiple departments and tags that customers can easily click on to narrow down their search is a feature that all online stores has and that this one is currently lacking right now.

By implementing a "You Might Also Be Interested In..." list of revolving products along your store's sidebar (as you have it now) will still provide important introductions to highlighted products and impulse buys from customers, as well as, possible revenue streams by treating that area as virtual 'End-Cap' space that top vendors can purchase increased product visibility to customers at cost, like what is done in brick and mortar retail stores.

2.) The ability to FILTER OUT products/vendors from searches... no offense to some vendors out there, but there are just some product or vendors whose items or quality of product that I don't wish to see when I am doing a search for a particular item/genre/product... having the ability to skip from having to scroll through hundreds of products whose ad-copy makes me want to claw my eyes out every time I see it or know that a specific individual's products are not to a standard that I am willing to purchase from, helps to avoid customer frustration of being inundated with product listings that they just won't bother to go past to get to someone else's product that they would purchase from.

These are just a couple of ideas from someone that has had a great many of years of experience in online marketing, brokering and product sales/distribution and just looking to help.

~Jack

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 9:26 AM · edited Mon, 01 May 2023 at 9:40 AM

Thank you for reaching out. I am forwarding your suggestions to our team.

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 9:40 AM
CHMedia has moved this thread from the MarketPlace Customer Support forum to the Suggestion Box forum as of Monday, May 1, 2023 9:40 am

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 10:24 AM

Thank you, hope I was able to help!

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 11:08 AM

I have posted your suggestions to our issue tracker.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 8:20 PM

I like the suggestions above. If i may offer a few suggestions too,

You can now filter out the products that you already have.

I use the site for exactelty the opposite: often to find an already bought item. I have bought so many products that finding them in the order list is very hard.

So i would like to suggest 3 things:

- For Items that are out of the shops -Let the info and pictures stay. Just like before with the Unavailably lable. 

- A new filter when searching for something. For example pirate/ bucanier / sea roamer: Items that you already have bought.

- A better seach methode for the order list. To often, it will not find a product even if i type i the correct name. And reverse to often i don't remember the right  name or merchant.

Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.