Mon, Jul 8, 8:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: L'homme and La Femme need real names

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2023 at 6:19 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 8:25 AM

Or user friendly names if you prefer.

If you want to write a story, how are you suppose to address them.

Hey, L'homme! Hey, Hom, Hey, LH or Hey Fem. Hey, Femmie! They just don't sound right. In a sketch.

Why can't they keep the official names, but give them user-friendly names too?

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2023 at 6:35 PM
I vote for Broham and FiFi

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 1:13 AM

Their names are too easily misspelled, at least by English speakers. My Renderosity purchases land in folders called La Femme, Le Femme, LaFemme, etc. and it's a pain.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 4:28 AM · edited Sun, 30 April 2023 at 4:37 AM
Forum Coordinator

The official name changed also a few times. There was an addition 'Pro', dropped later. 

Adding colloquial names does not necessarily help referencing though. The P4 female was popular and unversely called 'Posette',  yet I cannot find that name as the name of any folder.

If they must have colloquial names, let it be Brigitte and Bertrand: Identical first character by tradition (Jessy and James, Roxy and Rex, Sidney and Simon), spelled without diacritics, and her name spelled the French way just to remind Americans and British their languages together come only third in terms of number of people speaking it natively, after Mandarin Chinese and Spanish, losing ground quickly to running- up number four: Hindi (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 5:19 AM · edited Sun, 30 April 2023 at 5:19 AM

MeInOhio posted at 6:19 PM Sat, 29 April 2023 - #2979094

Or user friendly names if you prefer.

If you want to write a story, how are you suppose to address them.

Hey, L'homme! Hey, Hom, Hey, LH or Hey Fem. Hey, Femmie! They just don't sound right. In a sketch.

Why can't they keep the official names, but give them user-friendly names too?

Learn French, their names will become quite obvious

SJvzukYtGypckyQZvgFksQSiX1P3NnQqfTbvKQ1m.gif

Just joking, of course em3wu34z8TX8VPEvB4Pjznik7qh71E4omr895Dkp.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 8:17 AM

Bertrand is a great name for a plastic person. :-D

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 10:29 AM
Forum Coordinator

Ça plane pour lui!  ;-)

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 11:11 AM

hex3yuvrRe5hQJAT2IsP6e5SFZCqAue6HbqZXxrt.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 1:27 PM

It's probably too late to give La Femme a "real" name, but maybe they'll consider it for the new figure. Which is supposed to available any week now.

Instead of La Femme 2 or whatever, give her an actual name. That is easy to spell.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 3:12 PM
Forum Coordinator

Mais ils sont pervertis, ces américains!

LOL!

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2023 at 8:53 PM

FVerbaas posted at 10:29 AM Sun, 30 April 2023 - #4463828

Ça plane pour lui!  ;-)

😁

By the way, in German Fifi is colloquial for small dog.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 6:12 AM · edited Mon, 01 May 2023 at 6:15 AM

Wow... these are very, very old memories! D9XJc1yLgb5EZhh5yswDCnjvp4cURW0Jow3A0cC2.gif

In French: Fifi Brindacier (
- literally: steel strand, because of her strength
- no way that "they" could keep Pipi (in French: urine, polite and kind enough to be used with children)
En English: Pipi Longstocking

m0FZ49UtqVdXntJzGilQMtXm0858y3SxCLvAITG7.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 7:39 AM

If La Femme is French her name has to be Brigitte, as the ultimate French Woman :

Initials BB - Serge Gainsbourg - YouTube

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 9:12 AM

FVerbaas posted at 3:12 PM Sun, 30 April 2023 - #4463852

Mais ils sont pervertis, ces américains!

A81wl8urYmLtl3tsr4FMh4j20Vx52foOrsFH9fTm.png

LOL!

And yet here we all are interacting frequently on a site that unabashedly makes its money off of mostly sexualized images of synthetic doll women, casting stones is kind of pointless considering how far off into the realm of weird it already is. Dressing up virtual dolls? Yeah that's not peculiar lol.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2023 at 4:05 PM

If you're writing a story you can give 'em whatever names you want.  Sid & Nancy (after Sid James and Nancy Sinatra, obviously), George & Mildred, Fred & Betty... etc.

Let your imagination run wild.

Me, I'd call them Obadiah and Husna... YMMV.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 9:16 PM

I agree they need names.  Anybody who would dare just call me over with "Hey, woman!" would be neutered immediately, LOL!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2023 at 12:10 AM

I suggest a plot twist: La Femme is revealed to be Belgian, not French and her actual given name is Femke.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 5:15 AM

odf posted at 12:10 AM Fri, 5 May 2023 - #4464324

I suggest a plot twist: La Femme is revealed to be Belgian, not French and her actual given name is Femke.

But her mum was from Bangladesh, so her actual *first* name is Husna.  So there. :)

My Store

My Gallery

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 8:20 AM
Forum Coordinator

That would leave then her father to come from (West)Friesland, where the name Femke is common, among many other girl's names ending at 'ke' (Sietske, Mieke, Meike, Hanneke) 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 5:08 PM

FVerbaas posted at 8:20 AM Sat, 6 May 2023 - #4464409

That would leave then her father to come from (West)Friesland, where the name Femke is common, among many other girl's names ending at 'ke' (Sietske, Mieke, Meike, Hanneke) 

And my Sister In Law, Ninke.

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 12:46 PM

Nick and Nora works for me.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

jimros ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 8:53 PM

Nick and Nora works for me as well

Also William and Myrna

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2023 at 1:43 AM

Lom and Laf

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2023 at 7:42 AM · edited Wed, 17 May 2023 at 7:47 AM

Eb and Flo

Ezekiel and Rayleen

Brian and Sonequa

Chauncey and Smanfer (that's Samantha, as spoken by a Cockney)

Fred and Siobhan

Anyway, who gives a damn?  Call 'em what you want. :)

My Store

My Gallery

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2023 at 5:39 PM

as a first step in that process change the figure name to give your character his props yeah save off that file so that it will still be there never got to that level of storing name/character of storage in my runtimes, sure if it helps you stay in the groove go for it remember where you put it and back it up too

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2023 at 4:16 AM

The Longstocking girl was Pippi (short vowel followd by double consonant) in the tv version in UK,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.