Sat, Sep 28, 12:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: need rind young boys for graphic novel

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2023 at 2:43 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

I used Version 4 Poser way back in the day, now got Poser 11.  Trying to duplicate some figures I made then for a novel, young american boys about 10-12 years old. I want to make a graphic novel of their adventures now, but can't find any boyish figures, only glamor gals, which i appreciate but need males of that age for current project. Any help please?

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2023 at 3:10 PM

your Poser boys will still work in Poser 11.   You man need to modify the textures.

;>

Andy!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2023 at 3:23 PM
Site Admin

There aren't a lot of options for this. Ben that comes with Poser might work, but he might be a bit young. Luke from Daz would be another. For most of mine, I used Col's M4K4 Mixer but that's no longer available. Or Genesis with DSON from Daz but again, DSON is no longer available.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

HartyBart ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 10:06 AM

"Duplicate" sounds like you need the characters to look a bit retro, to kind of match how old-school 3D figures looked back then.

A quick search then finds "Raffael - Freebies collection 1" for the very flexible but older Raffael base figure. This freebie pack has a suitable figure in it, you'll find. And the main Raffael base-figure page at Renderosity now says: "This product is included FREE with the purchase of Poser Pro 11." So you're in luck, there's no cost for this base plus the suitable character found in the Freebies collection 1. The figure is lightweight at 11,279 polys, but with masses of morphs and full-figure base mesh options. So that's an advantage. Because I imagine your graphic novels probably needs three or more four characters in a scene, plus other characters and props. The free EZSkin3 would fix the FireFly skin, though I guess you would render using Poser 11's Comic Book (and/or Sketch and blend the two in Photoshop). In ten minutes I was able to get this in Poser 11 with the realtime Comic Book rendering and Xena's Hiro Hair 1. A useful test, as I had never even known about the Raffael base figure before.

ODlKeSKy8epS5KvQtMxv6WaLukMPNwbiJ5aGJEEe.jpg

The only problem there would be clothing, and I'm not sure what can fit Raffael. If you instead went with an M4/K4 morph character then you'd have no problem there. So the choice really depends on how lavish your costuming needs are and if you need to match your old figures and their outfits. Noted on an old forum post in relation to M4/K4. Back in the day is seems people brewed their own blend with a (now unavailable) script:-

"You can also use ColorCurvature's Python script to create your own blend using any two figures.  While it was made for Michael4 and Kids4, as long as you change the name of the figures on the parameters panel, it will work on any two figures. You get a morph that allows you to dial in any age between the two figures as well as maintaining clothing, characters, hair, etc.  You only have to copy the morph to clothing for a good fit."

The paid script seems to have worked in Poser 2012 but is now unavailable and the website gone.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

HartyBart ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 10:44 AM

If you do need all the M4 clothing, then "Connor M4" is a free teen body morph for M4 on Renderosity freestuff, which should give you a start. Then you might try a mix of M4 / K4 head morphs to get face shapes.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2023 at 8:42 AM

Thanks folks! I’m gonna build each character give them names then save each into project file. As they age and grow I’ll change body shapes but will facial and other morphs stay and alter with each change? I’m going to 13 when available so learning Now…

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2023 at 7:00 AM

Wow I have lots of learning ahead!

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2023 at 12:30 PM

drawn sent Sat, 20 May 2023 at 11:28 AM · read bybagginsbill

Im fairly new to the new Poser and bumping into problems mostly because I don't understant relationships between vendors. I have a short story about a young boy and his dog that I want to illustrate. But I can't find many young boy figures that I can grow and turn into "men".  Genesis seems to have some but they're not parf of Poser? Neither is Daz. Got any advice on how to achieve what I want? Turn young boy into young girl, for whom there seem to be lotsa figures?

thanks,

don  drawn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.