Fri, Sep 20, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Mercy! One full day without spam posts for that "Dina the Linebacker" character

farang ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 1:02 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:36 AM

On second thought maybe it should be Dina the boxer who took too many hits to the face and should retire gracefully.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 1:14 AM

On the other hand, maybe it's you who took too many hits to the head and should retire gracefully....

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 2:38 AM

Now, now, let's not make fun of She Who Keeps Marbles In Her Nostrils...

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 7:11 AM

Ha! Some of the Dina renders do look pretty good though, she is getting into shape. But the best of them turned out to be a fraud, though...

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 9:30 AM

Hmmm...that was pretty petty and childish. Even if you don't like her, you don't have to use her and even if there are posts about her, you don't have to read them, now do you? Laurie

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 11:02 AM

re. "But the best of them turned out to be a fraud, though... " Do you mean someone faked renders to make her look better - excessive touch-up or what?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 11:31 AM

We "think" RemCreations put Dina's head on Super Model Vicky's body ;). We don't know for sure, but the body looks like SMV and we haven't been shown the figure in wireframe mode yet, so no one believe's the poor guy (myself included ;)). Laurie

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 1:24 PM

We, as LaurieA let the cat out of the bag ;-) Remcreations has been back, you can see that in the Member list, it is funny he never commented on the thread. I think the whole thing has been sort of intresting, they guy did a good job of it, and he does do nice renders, but I can't understand what his motives would be, other then "My Dina looks better than yours, so there!" Of course Remcreatins could just be some kind of ploy on my part to sell more SMV's! HONEST GUYS, IT WASN"T ME!!!! (Even though I also did a clearly marked fake, myself, near the end of the last thread)

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 2:02 PM

With all of his custom creations, I dunno why he didn't put Dina's head on, say, Toxin. Or the other way around, I don't care. Hey Jim, what about Toxin's head on SMV? A little lipstick, curly wig... `B^)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 2:40 PM

I don't think remc and Remcreations are the same person, are they? I think remc's talent is evidence that he wouldn't try to pull off something like that ;). remc wouldn't HAVE to :) Laurie

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 3:31 PM

My deepest apologies to Remcreations. It seemed kind of unusual to me, too...

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 6:57 PM

Wrong way. Remcreations is the one who forged the Dina fix, remc is the great modeller with lots of unusual characters and some nice tutorials (third eye function.)

duanemoody ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 9:22 AM

Aargh! Next thing you know there'll be a Dwayne Moody, Duane Mahmoudi here to foul things up.

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 10:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.handspanstudios.com/whatsnew.html

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a picture of my Dina character Katia. She should be in the store any day now. I started from scratch obviously but she has so many morphs and even changed joint parameters it shouldn't look too much like Dina now ;-). Spam spam spam...

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 10:41 PM

WOW Ingrid...she's awesome!!!! Are there going to be any clothes to fit her? I guess I mean will there be any morphs for the clothes? Either way, she's just awesome and since I have so many more of your characters (Daffy34) and am a big fan, I'm sure I won't miss Katia either ;). Laurie

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 10:51 PM

She doesn't have clothes yet but I have got dacort's basics pack and plan to morph and maybe texture some for her.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 11:08 PM

That'd be great :). Can't wait. Laurie

farang ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 11:11 PM

A+

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 6:02 PM

She does look very good, I like her hair too! ;-)

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 6:42 PM

Thanks. Actually that hair is my favorite I think :).

Annie Dillard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.