Sat, Sep 28, 11:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 11:50 pm)

Subject: graphic novels,Comic,All info ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 5:25 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Where atempting to gather info about graphic novels,comics.

Any one know if the reallife paper graphic novels, comic bussness is growing or shrinking ?

Any one know if the online graphic novels,comic bussness is growing or shrinking ?

Did online graphic novels,comics hurt the old style reallife paper graphic novels,comic bussness ?

Anyone know how many drawn graphic novels,comics there are compared to 3D graphic novels,comics ?

What graphic novels,comics are the most popular ?

Got a link to any unbiased graphic novels,comic book news info sites.
That covers all the graphic novels,comic book in any medium ?

any info is appreciated :)Thanks

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 7:17 PM

Graphic novels, as a niche market, have stabilized the past couple of years.  It takes something really different to catch the eye of a reader these days.  The American Library Association website should have the demographics you are looking for.  I teach (whenever my University forgets I don't own a PhD) a course on the Literature of the Graphic Word in which we study comics, comix, graphic novels, and such, and as the usefulness of graphic literature in the classroom becomes better accepted, I suspect the market will increase.

Personally, I don't buy digital comics.  You never actually own them and there are too many ways to electronically set them to self destruct, as some publishers are now wanting to do.  Go over to Kickstarter and check out all the graphic novel projects there. These are people much like yourself wanting to get started in the business, and the ones I have met in person are very generous with their information.

Let me know when you get something together.  I'd like to take a look at it.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2014 at 1:31 AM

Thanks a lot for the info :)

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 3:16 PM

work. I have written the novel and need to put it in GN scenes. Would you be interested in that deal?

drawv

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 11:08 PM

I'm not quite sure you'll get a response.  This thread is 9 years old.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2023 at 2:03 AM

I wondered about that so I went off and started a new thread 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.