Wed, Sep 18, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Blowing the Dust off of Poser

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 8:45 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

I came back to Poser after several years of inactivity only to find that my DAZ Michael 4 Library is no longer supported in Poser 12. I'm lost. I don't know how to load any of the figures or props that I have left over from Poser 9 and am reluctant to start over from scratch to create a new up-to-date collection. My goal is to create Poser figures wearing WWII-era military uniforms and weapons and create 2d images of them for a game I'm modding. Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, or ideas on how I  can accomplish my goal in the most cost-effective way?  Thank you!

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 8:54 PM
Online Now!

Not sure what you mean by M4 not supported. I load M4 every day into Poser 13. Did you link a Poser runtime  with M4 in it to Poser 13?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 10:13 PM
Rhia474 posted at 8:54 PM Sat, 8 July 2023 - #4469597

Not sure what you mean by M4 not supported. I load M4 every day into Poser 13. Did you link a Poser runtime  with M4 in it to Poser 13?

OK. I think I figured it out. It's been a while since I've messed with Poser but it looks like it's working now. Thank you.

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2023 at 9:15 AM · edited Sun, 09 July 2023 at 9:16 AM
Online Now!

Cool, glad to hear. Have fun with 13!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2023 at 5:38 PM

Echoing Gary here - coming back to Poser, but for a specific reason. As I do, I've run down the AI rabbithole with some keenness and alacrity, upgraded my GPU to an 8gig card (3070) which now I find a bit underpowered to run Stable Diffusion - at least, the version I want to run, which is 1.5 - and creating persistent characters for this little novella I'm writing. The only thing is, whilst I'm able to get my characters to *generally* obey my prompts:

facing camera, full body shot:1.125, elegant beautiful 30 year old woman, dark (short) bobbed hair, wearing (ivory blouse), wearing dark skirt, (open mouth),  (glaring) at the camera, sitting in (outdoor cafe), outdoor cafe, coffee cup,

which gives me this:

m6E8CyyFWCL5Qo9QPipT8Cb3DoixZ4nTj2vLBVVO.jpg

...getting the pose right is a bit hit and miss. And this is where Poser comes in. Yes, there is this site which does a great job with poses, but you're stuck with what they have, which may or may not be suitable. So, I'm having a go creating my own poses for my little scenes so my characters are doing precisely what the scene calls for. Tools: Stable Diffusion 2.1 and ControlNet.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.