Mon, Jul 8, 9:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: Make New Children in Poser

fluffykatt ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 2:04 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 8:45 AM

I don't see how Poser can ever compete with DS if they don't start creating some child character for Poser. DS keeps making such cute children and I have to go back to K4 to have a child in my renders. Can't the content creators make some children from La Femme like they make form Genesis in DS. How is Poser ever going to survive when they don't keep up with DS. I am a Poser user & have always been a Poser user but I feel it dosen't have a chance when it's content creators only make for just La Femme as a grown-up pinup. Sorry if my comment offends anyone but I would love to see Poser come back full blast & that just isn't happening.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 6:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I would love some children too. I was trying to morph lafemme, but I'm not that good with the morphing

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2023 at 2:05 PM

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2023 at 4:43 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I have m4 to k4 mixer, but both that and those dial a child don't work in more recent versions of poser. And having a little boy with a five o clock shadow doesn't look real good. Need textures too

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 3:05 PM · edited Mon, 10 July 2023 at 3:06 PM

This looked like something fun to try. I used La Femme Pro and the La Femme Body Kit. https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/135148/la-femme-body-kit-mr

I'd normally make enhancements, like smooth out the clothes and fix her face under her bottom lip and probably a ton of other changes, but here's what you get with the body kit with just a few settings. I'd say she's about 8 years old.

kXpxOVxRURCKMN0pjcGOslwfbQJRS046YpyNUEJe.pngFTV7IxUXDxyPaSLDsHI5igafJq4bZXNXgiNRk6Fm.pngJIYeludufEocb0zj0A5DLNvUxSbW4Ke74VCg7iIH.png

I used the following parameters:

BK Teen 2.00 (max is set to 1, so I had to go into the parameter settings to increase the max)

BK Glutetop Slope -1.00

BK Gluteus 1.00

BK Abdomen Girth 1.00

Of course, she doesn't look quite right without clothes but I would hope no one would want a child model to be naked. She's wearing the following:

Work and Leisure shirt and overalls https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/143472/rp-work-and-leisure-series

The La Femme Girl Gear sneakers that come included with Poser 12 (maybe Poser 11, too; can't remember).

Ali hair https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/149688/hr-246

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 3:27 PM

c88PLwtPwD5c1KM9mJNyumJK7Dlt0stfEtSK4j3j.png

Baby Luna is always good for a baby. I wonder if she can "age up."

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 4:29 PM
VedaDalsette posted at 3:05 PM Mon, 10 July 2023 - #4469744

This looked like something fun to try. I used La Femme Pro and the La Femme Body Kit. https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/135148/la-femme-body-kit-mr

I'd normally make enhancements, like smooth out the clothes and fix her face under her bottom lip and probably a ton of other changes, but here's what you get with the body kit with just a few settings. I'd say she's about 8 years old.

kXpxOVxRURCKMN0pjcGOslwfbQJRS046YpyNUEJe.pngFTV7IxUXDxyPaSLDsHI5igafJq4bZXNXgiNRk6Fm.pngJIYeludufEocb0zj0A5DLNvUxSbW4Ke74VCg7iIH.png

I used the following parameters:

BK Teen 2.00 (max is set to 1, so I had to go into the parameter settings to increase the max)

BK Glutetop Slope -1.00

BK Gluteus 1.00

BK Abdomen Girth 1.00

Of course, she doesn't look quite right without clothes but I would hope no one would want a child model to be naked. She's wearing the following:

Work and Leisure shirt and overalls https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/143472/rp-work-and-leisure-series

The La Femme Girl Gear sneakers that come included with Poser 12 (maybe Poser 11, too; can't remember).

Ali hair https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/149688/hr-246

Nice but the hands look huge in comparison to the adult LF.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 4:40 PM

hborre, there's a whole lot wrong with it, but it was just a quick attempt. Making the hands smaller would be easier than fixing the facial problems.

Old lady hobbyist.

mr_red ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2023 at 1:49 AM · edited Mon, 17 July 2023 at 1:49 AM

M2y307TwIPnAvetWXajhdfgcRVU6RqSqGhfeoOkD.jpg

as you can see my comic side kick is a scaled down m4, the one thing i don't like about it is his hairy chest as he's meant to be 10. yes keeping poser alive means we need diversity ( sorry if this picture breaks rules but i wanted to show my point)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2023 at 5:57 PM
mr_red posted at 1:49 AM Mon, 17 July 2023 - #4470374

M2y307TwIPnAvetWXajhdfgcRVU6RqSqGhfeoOkD.jpg

as you can see my comic side kick is a scaled down m4, the one thing i don't like about it is his hairy chest as he's meant to be 10. yes keeping poser alive means we need diversity ( sorry if this picture breaks rules but i wanted to show my point)

So, create a new texture for the kid.  Simple enough.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mr_red ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2023 at 6:10 PM

not much point now as i only will be using him for another three chapters and he is mostly clothed. I was just agreeing to the point that more children models are needed in poser and have a use in stories and art.

fluffykatt ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2023 at 7:13 PM

mr_red  Thank you for your comment. DS content creators have seen that there is a need for children's figures, so I for one would like to see some for Poser & I would buy them  because in the real world, children are very important to everyday life & I use them often in my renders.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2023 at 10:16 AM

plenty of morphs built into V4 to make teen/young adult renders. I have that child dial and don't think I've used it or was getting similar results with ++morphs and scale.

M5WPAyWl61Ya9u6X4HL6wzBD3AyoT7B02dzYXhtL.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Richard60 ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2023 at 1:44 PM

For the hair why don't you use the female texture map?  As I understand V4 & M4, or La Femme and L'Homme can share the same textures and most female maps don't have hair.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2023 at 5:08 PM
Richard60 posted at 1:44 PM Wed, 19 July 2023 - #4470593

For the hair why don't you use the female texture map?  As I understand V4 & M4, or La Femme and L'Homme can share the same textures and most female maps don't have hair.

You'd be amazed - or not - how many actually have painted contours and shadows where the breasts are.  It was a thing where everyone (well, almost everyone) had baked in shadows and whatnot.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2023 at 6:12 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Even when there's not painted on shadows, there are often bikini lines.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 4:15 AM
RedPhantom posted at 6:12 PM Wed, 19 July 2023 - #4470611

Even when there's not painted on shadows, there are often bikini lines.

They're easy enough to get rid of, as is the chest hair.  My one thing about Poser kids is, most of 'em look terrifying.  

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2023 at 10:24 AM

I, too, would love some new child figures or morphs. Baby Luna covers babies and toddlers, and there's some pre-teen female characters, but not much for boys, or lower elementary school age kids.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2023 at 2:50 PM

I guess this must be a zombie thread some spammer resurrected.

But now that LF2 is out...anyone tried making child characters for her?

fluffykatt ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2023 at 3:53 PM

I'm not a zombie. It would be good if they would make a child of LF2, then I would buy her. And then makes some cute morphs & clothes for her like they are doing is DS

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 9:02 AM

Zombie threads are old discussions that someone resurrects by replying to them, after months or years of being dormant.

This thread popped to the top despite having no visible new posts since last July. Typically, what causes that is a spammer posts a comment to an old thread, causing it to pop to the top. The mods hide the spam comments, but the thread remains on top. Because there was a new reply. We ordinary users just can't see it.

PoserWorld2019 ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 11:05 AM · edited Thu, 16 November 2023 at 11:06 AM

Artists, Go-Z and inflation deformer are your friends here.  Its an unfortuate situation but necessary because Poser is a artist grade toolset and "Pro Figures" are anatomically accurate so children and child textures would be avoided by most content creators because of the possibility that thier IP may be associated with bad intent.  So DIY is the best route for artist that way the creator controls the renders.  Its too hot a third rail for the most of the artist grade content developers.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 2:10 PM

DAZ vendors make child characters based on Genesis.There are child characters based on Dawn and Dusk. There are also child characters based on V4. (Circleman has some good ones.)

I think it's just that most users aren't interested in child figures, just as they aren't interested in middle aged or old people. Seems like pinups are the moneymakers.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 2:53 PM

Sadly, that seems to be the trend. I would love a more diverse age representation for newer Poser figures.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 2:41 AM · edited Fri, 17 November 2023 at 2:41 AM

My attempt at a LF2 child. The morphs pack actually had several morphs that work well for a kid. The main thing missing is a "flat chest" or "chest male" morph. It's really hard to make her boobs go away completely.

Conforming and dynamic LF2 clothing ended up crumpling over her chest, though it fit well otherwise. This is a Kids 3 dynamic T. Still crumpled a bit, but better than LF stuff. Could use a more childlike texture.

Dgnx2eZMpDUFNaMdYzi1VJkHHPIMbtAjckpUwjcx.jpg

fluffykatt ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 11:59 AM

Good job, we need more character creators like you & we would have some new kids on the block, like all those cute kids they are making for DS. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.