Thu, Oct 3, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 4:54 pm)

Subject: Poser 13.0.339 Pose Symmetry doesn't seem to work properly...

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 8:44 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 11:10 AM
Hello fellow Poser Users,
I'm not sure if this was already addressed in a previous thread, but I noticed, using the Pose Symmetry Tool, that this Tool does not work in Poser 13 as it has in previous Poser Versions.
It seems to produce always the same result, the right arm or leg is always the reference point and mirrors always to the left arm or leg. It doesn't work the other way around.
I have posed the LaFemme figures left arm for example and want to have the right arm in symmetry to the left one. So I chose Right Arm to Left Arm but instead the left arm changes to the mirrored position of the right arm.
If I undo this step and chose Left Arm to Right Arm, the same result comes up.
The Left to Right or Right to Left setting is working fine.
This could be a case for the help desk, but before I will bother them with this I would like to know if this is happened to someone else too.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:22 AM

Have you tried other figures with the same results?  If so have you reported your findings?  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:37 AM

@RAMWorks

I have made a quick test with Andy right now and it turns out to be the same result as with LaFemme.
No matter what I chose, its always the right limb serves as the reference and the left one gets posed.

Funny, right?

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:46 AM

This is something that have been adressed in the beta and will be fixed in the next update.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:54 AM

@RAMWorks

No, I did not filed a report yet. Like I wrote, I first wanted to make sure, it's an issue that can be reproduced by other Poser Users as well.

I had Issues in the past within Poser related to things like my Keyboard layout, which happens to be German.
In Poser 11 the 3D-Path tool wasn't available for me, because my OS was set to the German language and to a German Keyboard Layout.
I found out by accident and filed a ticket to SM, resulting in an interesting back and forth with a staff member.
A few months later SM sold Poser to Bondware and I never heard something about it ever since.
I don't even know if the 3D-Path tool is still a thing in Poser today, if so, its not listed as a feature in my installation of the program.

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:56 AM

3D-Path tool is not a thing anymore in poser. It got ditched.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:59 AM

Thanks, ghostman!
I was not sure if this was noticed before, so I thought I should bring it up.
The next Update is right around the corner according to what was stated in the last newsletter, right?

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 10:07 AM

That's actually sad. In my opinion it was a great idea and as it was announced I thought I could make good use of it.
I was pretty confused as I purchased Poser 11 and fund out that this feature was not available to me for some reason.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 4:36 PM

blackbonner posted at 8:44 AM Mon, 24 July 2023 - #2981295

Hello fellow Poser Users,
I'm not sure if this was already addressed in a previous thread, but I noticed, using the Pose Symmetry Tool, that this Tool does not work in Poser 13 as it has in previous Poser Versions.
It seems to produce always the same result, the right arm or leg is always the reference point and mirrors always to the left arm or leg. It doesn't work the other way around.
I have posed the LaFemme figures left arm for example and want to have the right arm in symmetry to the left one. So I chose Right Arm to Left Arm but instead the left arm changes to the mirrored position of the right arm.
If I undo this step and chose Left Arm to Right Arm, the same result comes up.
The Left to Right or Right to Left setting is working fine.
This could be a case for the help desk, but before I will bother them with this I would like to know if this is happened to someone else too.
I noticed this too (for arms anyway, hadn't tried the legs). Left Arm To Right Arm actually results in Right Arm To Left Arm, while Right Arm To Left Arm works normally. Until the bug is fixed, a simple workaround is to choose the option to swap the right and left arms, then you can use Right Arm To Left Arm. Two steps instead of one, but achieves the same result.

I was using Sasha-19.

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 6:51 PM
Forum Moderator

This is fixed and in beta testing. The fix will be in the next service release.

Thalek ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 10:36 PM
nerd posted at 6:51 PM Mon, 24 July 2023 - #4471031

This is fixed and in beta testing. The fix will be in the next service release.

That's good to hear!

Is there an estimate on the release date, or is that still in flux?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.