Fri, Oct 4, 1:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 11:28 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Retiring Products

GGreen ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2023 at 4:59 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:58 AM

Retiring products. This is really beginning to get under my skin. Why is this stuff being retired? What happened to just adding the items to the clearance category?

We are being forced to choose between what is retiring because we do not want to lose access to those items and other sales items. Something is really wrong with your marketing strategy.  Most of your supporters budget for this stuff, but now with all these retiring sales I can honestly say my budget is shot.

Or if you do not want to put it in clearance just put it in the freebie category. Once it is retired the vendor is not going to make any money off the product anyway and neither is the Renderosity Store.

Your new marketing strategy is making some of us very very unhappy.

CHMedia ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2023 at 9:47 AM

Thank you for reaching out. I am responding to let you know your voice has been heard. I will forward this to our team. Let me know if you need any assistance with anything else.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2023 at 12:53 PM

I so second all of that is said! 

Yes like Pamawo items? They are so good! Why must they go?

I had never heard of that merchant , so she / he got way to less promotion the last years these products were in the store.

That is also something to consider. Make the free promotion like in newsletters more diverse. Some of the Items like the tiger/ animal skin I was looking for years.

Now i find it in a pack of Pamawo that is going out of the store! So no more tiger/ animal rug in the future for all.

I do like the 70+ discount. I think a lot of old items should have these prices for permanent!

In times where AI is coming up and starters can make pictures for free, it is unwise and absurt to keep on those extragavant prices.

Thank you for bringing this up!

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 3:34 AM
Site Admin

Both software keep ugrading constantly. Vendors do not wish to support older stuff that might not work exactly as it did in earlier versions. Instead of deleting their products from their stores they offer a chance to purchase them at real low prices before they disappear. Adding them to clearance would still require their support. I hope that makes sense! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

GGreen ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:05 AM

Renapd, I do understand your point of view, and from a vendor's standpoint it does make sense, but from a user's standpoint it does not. Since vendors do not wish to support older stuff.... but why can't they just add something to the description that says this product is no longer supported and make it FREE. Although the 3D software keeps upgrading, not everyone has a computer that can support the new software. Some people are still using Windows 7 and 8, so they are using the older version of Daz Studio and/or  Poser and it will work fine for them.  I feel the younger generation is leaning more toward AI and eventually there will not be a need for them to purchase these 3D models. Not everyone uses Dynamic Clothing or dForce. I am still using 3D products I purchased from here back in 2010, so that is 13 years of stuff that I use from time to time.  I consider myself a long-term customer and there are many others like me.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 9:40 AM

Renapd,

I do to still use GEN3, GEN4, G123 and g8/ 8.1MF.

And I do too still use props from 2012. If that the prop is needed for the scene I have in my head, I use that prop.

And software update, since the newest DAZ studio even loads Daz legacy again!

Not fond of Dforce. Its difficult to layer and time consumming.

I am not freeloader what I invested in the 3D community is more than a very expensive car.

But I can totally understand why newbies wander off to AI. The prices these days are in general insane. For us hobby-ist 75 Dollar for a decent render is nothing. And how to earn it back if you not a merchant? I think merchants should finally understand it's people like us, that is making, that 3D can be work instead of an (to) expensive hobby.

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 11:33 AM
Site Admin

A product that customers for many years have paid money to aquire, can not be made FREE. It's not fair to the buyers. 

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

GGreen ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 12:07 PM

At first, this looks like a no-win situation.  Another option is put it in clearance with the notice that states "This item is no longer supported, but thank you for purchasing it." Or create a whole new category such as "Items no longer supported by the Vendor", but the price has to be reduced. How about $1 Bargain Bin deals?

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 1:18 PM

Renapd,

"A product that customers for many years have paid money to aquire, can not be made FREE. It's not fair to the buyers. "

That is not an rightful argument. Those costumers incl me, paid that amount years ago and used it all those years.

Back in those years it was a hight quality product at the standarts from those years!

Now the textures are 4k and even 8k and the amount of polygon is at least triplet.

So that same product is now NOT a high quality product anymore, for the standarts of today.

But for hobyist like me still usable and that is why we want those products to stay ar a lower price!

Besides most Prime freebees, Christmas freebees are old products , for which people used to pay for it.

The goody bag products are also products you normally have to pay for it.

I am sorry, but your argument does not make sense.

It seems that you don't appreciate what your own customers are saying.

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 2:03 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Renderosity cannot stop vendors from removing products from their store should they wish to do so.  Nor can Renderosity mandate that these products be made freebies.  That is totally up to the discretion of the vendor as they are the ones who hold the copyright.  Some vendors have, indeed, released older products as freebies while others have not.  

If you really wish to obtain a product no longer available for sale you may contact the vendor and see if they will sell it to you.  I've had success with this in the past. 

This is not really a matter of making sense or not.  Vendors have the freedom to decide what should be done with their products and the final say.  Thank you for posting your opinions as I'm sure vendors frequent the forums and will see this thread. :)

GGreen ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 2:18 PM

Now I am beginning to understand why these products are showing up at places other than the original stores. I guess that leaves others with the option of getting "so-called" pirated items. So much for being an honest buyer and purchasing directly from stores. Not saying I will go the other way, but now I understand why it is done. So once the product is retired does that give the purchaser the right to share the product with someone else? No one is losing any money because it can no longer be purchased. Maybe we should set up a swap site. Someone is looking for something that is no longer available, is it ok for someone that has it to share it with the person looking for it in exchange for a product that person is looking for?

ShaniaB ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2023 at 2:28 PM

Kalypso posted at 2:03 PM Mon, 24 July 2023 - #4471014

Renderosity cannot stop vendors from removing products from their store should they wish to do so.  Nor can Renderosity mandate that these products be made freebies.  That is totally up to the discretion of the vendor as they are the ones who hold the copyright.  Some vendors have, indeed, released older products as freebies while others have not.  

If you really wish to obtain a product no longer available for sale you may contact the vendor and see if they will sell it to you.  I've had success with this in the past. 

This is not really a matter of making sense or not.  Vendors have the freedom to decide what should be done with their products and the final say.  Thank you for posting your opinions as I'm sure vendors frequent the forums and will see this thread. :)

This is stated correctly. Vendors can choose to put products in clearance if they wish. But if they deem the quality of the product not up to their current standards, they have full right to decide to no longer offer these products at all in our marketplace. As they feel it no longer represents them as an artist. This goes with the point PinkCloudSlippers made for the following:

"Back in those years it was a hight quality product at the standarts from those years!

Now the textures are 4k and even 8k and the amount of polygon is at least triplet.

So that same product is now NOT a high quality product anymore, for the standarts of today."

Thank you all for voicing your concerns. It's truly appreciated and does not go unnoticed. As Kalypso stated, the vendors will read this and take these points into consideration.

This thread will now be locked to prevent notifications to other users on the forum from getting cumbersome for them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.