Thu, Oct 3, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What Poser actually can do...

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 5:28 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

Starting this thread so that noone can complain I would be off topic or ruin someone else's MOJO...

And because a picture says more than a thousand words...

This is what I expect from an OFFICIAL Poser figure, because this, in my experience, is what Poser can actually do...

This is the level of rigging that Poser is capeable of:

ouEHQxjKT36I2YhCr8TBO3de0hn56kTYTtdoBnM8.jpg

(Only ONE JCM for the armpits. Otherwise its just weightmapping and careful bulgemaps)

This is the level of accuracy Poser is capeable of...

iSGXt9bQm62EkySydCL23WOsIXpAY6uxUNZu4wFp.jpg

Xtme3FRi9ZF6mqwNZF3fdwLX1GoVTVmiIe8jSYY6.jpg

(No fancy ZBrush morphs with subdivision here. The details are all built inside the mesh.)

This is the level of flexibility Poser is capeable of...

FLsKqeicFqOxSqQiL1syh2m5mmFyW9p2GU1ZaF3H.jpg

0XvQcBrkbWG3giZ8d4TuZWFqt0qzrpZyuKtEUIXx.jpg

(Again carefull rigging allows for any shape imaginable. Actually Poser can even do much more, but I'm too stupid / lazy to really miss with body-part swapping. Anyone remember Neela / Natrixa who had a second set of four-fingered hands?)

And yes, this was done with ONE mesh only, because it is a lot more efficient to make fixes  than dealing with the various problems of dozends of "one trick pony" meshes.

Yes, I used V3 (Actually David 3, mostly, but they are the same mesh, anyway), because she was available, well supported and "good enough" for what I had in mind.

(I still modified the mesh itself to better suit my needs)

No, you shouldn't start using V3.

And you can't have my sculpts. (I already gave away the rigging, though)

They are MINE! (Hehe)

I also don't want to sell you anything.

I just want to show you WHAT POSER CAN DO, if you only let it.

If the current figures are "good enough" for your artistic vision, OK then.

(But one look at the Marketplace should demonstrate, that you're not in the majority with this attitude)

I think it's a shame, though, because I think with a better figure, you could create better art. But it's your time you're spending fighting with a figure's problems, not mine.

But if you ask for nothing, that is usually exactly what you will receive.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 2:50 PM

Well i've seen enough of yr posts through the years and I have never seen you post anything positive unless it is bashing other peoples work when they are trying to make figures. I'm amazed that with yr "so called knowledge" In figure creation you would have made a figure that filled everyones needs by now,

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 3:20 PM · edited Fri, 28 July 2023 at 3:28 PM

I agree with ghostman 100%, but what I don't understand is why you post images of young children on the same page that you post pics of male genitals being exposed.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 4:11 PM · edited Fri, 28 July 2023 at 4:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Unbelieveable...

Oh well, as I tried to explain in an deleted post in the other thread, the problem is not that someone makes a figure.

If you are a hobbyist and create a hobbyist level figure for your own amusement, more power to ya.

(But don't expect mindless praise from me just because you managed to create something vaguely humanoid shaped)

The problem is that when I (rightfully) complain about the lack of professionally designed figures for Poser, people point to a bunch of said hobbyist level figures and try to tell me that everything is A-OK.

And if I carefully point out the flaws of said figures, and try to explain what could have made better, they accuse me of "bashing". As if that figure had actual feelings like a human.

That's the magical thinking of a small child.

Not an adult discussion about the pros and cons of figure design.

Be that as it may, if you seriously can't tell the difference in quality between a figure like LaFemme or Dawn and the current Genesis figures, you better take up knitting as a hobby.

And never ever visit a professional CGI forum.

Sorry.

Oh TwiztiKidd, I really shouldn't deign your nonsensical drivel with a response. But here in Europe, we are not as afraid of the human body as you obviously seem to be.

We even have (lots of, actually) beaches where whole families enyoy their holidays stark naked. And little Susi can see Daddys "WeeWee" and little Mikey can see Mommys "VaJayJay". And of course also all the "WeeWees" and "VaJayJays" of all the other visitors.

And everyone enjoys this because normal people usually think it is completely normal and healthy to have a body with genitals.

(Not to mention that what I posted are five separate renders. No one is looking at anything in my renders. I think this also answers the question why there is such a lack of child figures.)

So, Twiztykidd, kindly take your sad attempt of trolling and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

And go back to your little Photoshop manipulations.

And, most of all, never ever load the original Poser 4 Baby or the first MilBaby while leaving the "Genital" switch on in Poser.

You might get traumatized...

BTW, to the Cens..., well, Mods.

Please delete any picture that might offend the fragile sensibilities of the community.

Perhaps even better delete this whole thread.

i now see that hese discussions are a complete waste of my time, anyway.

An honest, mature discussion about what is needed to lead Poser out of this malaise, is sadly not possible anymore.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2023 at 4:57 PM

What's hilarious to me is that you still think you're mature.

Well, toodles.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.