Sat, Aug 3, 6:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: Help needed

fandangouk ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 5:20 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 3:32 AM

I am looking for an app to quickly search a folder and its subfolders and convert any cr2s it finds to jpgs. Any ideas?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 6:02 PM

I don't even think that's doable.  The only practical part of the CR2 file to draw an image would be the .OBJ file and that might turn out to be a UV image.  What type of image are you looking to extract?

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 6:55 PM

Yeah, I don't think that's possible.

P3DO Explorer will display the thumbnail associated wtih a CR2, and can convert out of date formats like RSR and BUM to jpg/png, but I don't see how CR2 to jpg would even work.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 7:22 PM · edited Sun, 06 August 2023 at 7:31 PM

The only way to create a thumbnail for your .cr2 file is to load it and re-save it in your character folder. All .cr2 files are usually accompanied by a thumbnail so you can preview the figure you are about to load into your scene. Do a search for any .rsr files in your Runtime folder and convert them to .png using P3DO explorer.

Helpful Tip: I do this for all my .pz3 files I keep... save a quick test render or a screenshot so I know what's in that scene. You can choose a title that'll serve as a short description of the scene.

fandangouk ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 7:35 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 7:22 PM Sun, 6 August 2023 - #4472057

The only way to create a thumbnail for your .cr2 file is to load it and re-save it in your character folder. All .cr2 files are usually accompanied by a thumbnail so you can preview the figure you are about to load into your scene. Do a search for any .rsr files in your Runtime folder and convert them to .png using P3DO explorer.

Helpful Tip: I do this for all my .pz3 files I keep... save a quick test render or a screenshot so I know what's in that scene. You can choose a title that'll serve as a short description of the scene.

Hi. Thanks for all responses. I got rsr converter and it did what i needed :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 7:55 PM · edited Sun, 06 August 2023 at 7:57 PM

ALLRIGHT!! Luckily in Windows you can still find a converter that does this, that works... there was someone here in the Poser forum asking about how to do this on a Mac... and they said the old .rsr to .png converters are not supported by the newer platform they're using.

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2023 at 12:56 PM

Once upon a time in a poser program far far away it converted rsr files to png every time that item was loaded in the library

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2023 at 3:09 PM · edited Sat, 12 August 2023 at 3:12 PM

ghostman posted at 12:56 PM Mon, 7 August 2023 - #4472099

Once upon a time in a poser program far far away it converted rsr files to png every time that item was loaded in the library

LOL!!! I love Photoshop, my friend!

Uvbk0E29KgZzvhCwW1NLJ75QkEX67QfbFlCPxi3I.jpg

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2023 at 7:05 PM

P3dO Explorer has a tool to do this. If I remember right, it would search a whole folder and do them all. I'm sure that's what I used to convert mine.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2023 at 8:10 PM · edited Sat, 12 August 2023 at 8:11 PM

Yes, I haven't used it in quite a while, but I definitely remember switching whole folders from RSR files to PNG.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.