Tue, Oct 22, 1:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: can I post a morphs?

Calseeor ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 1:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:40 AM

Hello all, I have a question reguarding posting stuff for free. I am not (at least not yet) a talented modler, so all I have been able to do is 'create' some 'unique' characters with morph dials and stuff. So, say I make one of these that I really like, am I able to post it for free? If so, what do I post? I know I can not post the actual geometry and stuff, as that belongs to someone else ( like daz3d, as an example). I am really confused about all this. My example is a vampire female I have. All I did was change the face a lot with all the little dials in poser. Is there a way I can save out those settings for others to use? (sorry if my question seems a bit amature here, but I am really confused and sort of rambling, I think) :) . Thanks... --Eryk

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 2:05 PM

I'm a newbie here, but from what I've read by searching this archive, you can post an ordinary cr2 file for your character if it's not Vickie 2. But if it IS Vickie 2, DAZ has some guidelines for you to follow. IIRC it involves producing a reduced cr2 file that doesn't contain or use any of the DAZ morphs.

ea2558 ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 2:50 PM

Sorry for being a newbie too. But I think you can save a pose. All the stupid little dials will be saved. Than after that you can edit the pose-file in a text-editor and delete all the settings that do not belong to your face. For example delete all stuff related to thigh, feet, hip, abdomen and so on. In your case the headdials will sound familiar to you as you shure remember what you changed. Than if someone applies your pose, nothing else will be effected. And it's always a good idea to include what geometry, morphs are needed to apply you pose.

ea2558 ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 3:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=446354

See also included link to other thread.

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 3:50 PM

Saving a pose in Faces instead of Pose will save the dial settings for only the head. If it is just a face, then a face pose file is the way to do what you want to do. If you have used morphs that do not come with V2, you must make some additional provisions. But you can do it wth a Face pose file just the same. You just have to take a few extra steps. But please, no cr2 just to provide a face done by dial settings.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.