Sat, Aug 3, 8:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Flooding again

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2023 at 2:55 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 8:07 AM
Online Now!

Just visited galleries.

Fifteen entries by one member - and more than five from several others.

It's getting silly again.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2023 at 6:35 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

This is actually 2 accounts with very similar names. We'll dig deeper though.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2023 at 9:58 PM

have fun playing whack-a-mole...

but, please, play :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2023 at 10:23 PM · edited Sat, 26 August 2023 at 10:32 PM

I don't see anything wrong... it's just the usual flood of AI images 😄

LOL! Giana... you are so funny, hope your day is fantastic!

On the serious note: Someone authorized to do so, could look and compare some IP adresses and if one person is doing this send them to the timeout corner, there's a corner in the AI forum, you could send them there!

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2023 at 12:14 AM

you, too, Twiz.. thx!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2023 at 6:58 AM · edited Tue, 29 August 2023 at 6:59 AM

I want to see more Trump / Biden images 😄 Let's go Brandon!

Be excellent to each other. Let's have some fun.

neo-the-chosen ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2023 at 10:30 AM · edited Wed, 30 August 2023 at 10:34 AM
A_Sunbeam posted at 2:55 AM Sat, 26 August 2023 - #2982063

Just visited galleries.

Unfortunately the gallery here is full of AI spam... If you don't have to put any more creativity and work into a picture, you can post tons of them. The bad thing is that they get bonus points for it...
I have complained about this several times, but I was ignored. I did not even get an answer. Although I have been here for a very long time and also spent a lot of money here. I'm sure the AI spammers don't buy anything here.... I find this ignorant.
I can recommend renderhub to you. Here the AI spam is fortunately forbidden. I switched there.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2023 at 10:53 AM
Online Now!
neo-the-chosen posted at 10:30 AM Wed, 30 August 2023 - #4473719

Just visited galleries.

I can recommend renderhub to you. Here the AI spam is fortunately forbidden. I switched there.
I'll have a shufti at renderhub. I gave up with Deviant. There's also Hivewire and Fantasies Attic.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2023 at 5:08 PM

The last I knew there was an eight (8) uploads per day limit. With the ability to upload multiple images in one post, there is no logical reason to flood the galleries. That's all I'm saying.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2023 at 9:31 PM · edited Sat, 02 September 2023 at 9:39 PM

I would call it traffic, not flood. Most artists upload their images in the weekend rather than weekdays. You have to account for that also. You get more views and comments if you post in the weekend. 😜

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2023 at 10:41 AM

That would be a reasonable excuse but if you upload 1 or 2 images in competition with individuals who are flooding the gallery with 8 or more, your renders will get buried.  Unless you have an extraordinary eye-catching thumbnail, there is no way to draw attention from the same repetitive pointless AI styles and renders.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2023 at 11:31 AM
Online Now!

That's the problem. Faced with a set of  8 images or more, by other artists, you don't always see the odd gem posted by another artist who might be posting just one or two a day.

As for the AI produced images, I would suggest a separate gallery just for them, leaving the basic gallery for items produced by human artists, not computers. There are many brilliant AI images, but they do not display the actual efforts of human artists. I visit the ai forum to look at - and admire - what ai can create; but it don't belong in the main gallery - imo...

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2023 at 5:14 PM

pretty sure Rendo has made it clear their stance on this...

they don't care about your concerns on this matter, or a number of other things, or even probably you as an individual to a large degree

it's a business, not a community

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2023 at 6:02 PM

Here's what I don't understand....

On a good week, I'll get maybe 2 images done (what I consider "done" - I'm picky) and posted to the gallery. And I'm freakin' retired!

Then you have people like that "Rene" person that uploads the 8-image limit of promotionals EVERY SINGLE DAY. There are several others that do the same with AI, with photos that all look the same, and other mediums that I could name. I'm not going to, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular. But it does get to be a tad frustrating to upload something you've spent hours (or days) working on just to have it buried by 30 or so images that all look pretty much the same by the same 3 or 4 people.

I've commented about this before, so I'll keep this short and sweet. Or maybe a wee bit sour. 😉

FirstBastion ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 8:27 AM

AIGen is clutter,  and doesn't help the marketplace.  It's like billboard traffic, customers drive by and dont even bother looking anymore.

Cclicking a text prompt is not making art.

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 12:45 PM

Amen! 👍👍

FirstBastion ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2023 at 1:22 PM

All I can suggest is we all take a few minutes and vote up the deserving Poser and DazStudio renders.

If you want the galleries to matter. 

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 4:34 PM

it's a numbers racket, posting here...

maybe you've noticed fewer views on your recent images? well, upload multiple images and that will feed into your 'ranking' in the Art Charts, and the redundant 'Top Artist' listing. maybe a while ago you could garner 100 views on a single image, now you must spread it across multiple images.  so now you've posted 8 images that say only get 20 views, that is still 160 views in a single day, with the possibility of Likes and Favourites.  and Rendo will pay you do to this, so that's a bonus.

if you look at say the first dozen 'Top Artists', it is predominately a mix of AI users [easy to generate multiple images quickly for posting], photographers [easy to snap multiple images in a day], and 3D promo artists, who many seem to recycle background assets or use prefab sets that include props, lights, and poses, so the only real things to worry about is changing out the character/character texture, hair and clothing.  and what's even better for a 3D promo artist is that they then have whatever wares they're hawking for free, the support of whatever group they're a part of, AND Rendo pays them to do it.

now, let's add in making sure you comment and like a few other people's stuff so then they'll add you to Following, or comment on your image[s] [and remember comments garner 2 view hits because Rendo's algorithm sees any hit as 'unique'].  or join a 3D Discord channel, and lavish on the praise privately - it will pay off.  plus, having a Discord channel gives you something to do during rendering times, in case your television isn't proving to be that special at that moment. but don't dismiss your telly fully as it may provide you that inspiration to try to copy something from someone else's creative undertakings.

and don't forget all those social media accounts, or inviting your non-artist friends and family to come support your endeavours here.

create multiple accounts.  view, like, and favourite yourself.  use one account for one type of art, like AI.  post like crazy, earn points. if you also create things that require anything from the RMP, donate/tip points to yourself, or buy/gift yourself a gift certificate using your AI account.  make sure to use a VPN so that your account seems legit, and be prudent with 'tipping' and GC purchasing so as to not raise any red flags.

you can also donate/tip others and buy their loyalty that way.

of course, multiple accounts to be resolved if Rendo set things up to send you a code to your phone for the logging in process, the way that many sites do these days, but that would never happen because it might chase away random business, so to speak.

since Rendo/Bondware has so thoroughly embraced AI, and who can blame them - it is here to stay - and there doesn't seem to be as deep of a Poser user base as once there was, maybe they should look into either investing in some sort of AI engine, or develop their own...

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 4:45 PM

forgot to add that your can also use your multiple accounts to Follow friends, which helps them maintain their popularity, and it is another way you can 'buy' them, or feel as if your just being a supportive friend.

do all of these types of things as above, and you too can feel validated, unique and special...

everyone is awesome!!!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:10 PM · edited Wed, 06 September 2023 at 10:11 PM

I see the AI forum is gone

now I only shared generated art there not on my gallery 

but honesty I am more irate THE CARRARA FORUM is also missing WHAT GIVES!

I might not post there often but I search the archives a lot

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 11:31 AM

What?! The whole forum gone or just a thread or two? Am still seeing some pages but can't post, thought it was weird not to have seen anything new there since sometime yesterday afternoon my time. Down for maintenance or gone for good?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 11:41 AM

Byrdie posted at 11:31 AM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474149

What?! The whole forum gone or just a thread or two? Am still seeing some pages but can't post, thought it was weird not to have seen anything new there since sometime yesterday afternoon my time. Down for maintenance or gone for good?

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2982343/renderosity-announces-important-change-in-policy-regarding-ai

peer group pressure 

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 12:04 PM

Just read it. Guess from now on out we'd better be extra careful. Because Photoshop and, yes, even some cameras themselves, come equipped with and make use of that forbidden "evil" tech. 

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 9:15 AM · edited Tue, 12 September 2023 at 9:18 AM

Just visited galleries.

I'll proudly put my hand up as a gallery flooder ! Over the past couple of months I've been uploading several years worth of stupid pictures, mostly Poser renders, and when I turn my computer on I just want to upload as many of the blighters as I can as quickly as possible before the Renderosity upload process starts to sap my will to live. I rarely manage the full eight that are permitted per day. And yes, I'm doing it purely for the reward points.

;o)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 9:56 AM

I think I might start doing this too but for different reasons 😋

starting with this monstrosity

ee0f1d7ad37c6357b8e4f9725af4610c_original.jpg

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:15 PM

I've seen this reward point thing mentioned quite a bit and must admit my ignorance in that regard. What are they for, can they be used like coupons or vouchers if one has a certain amount of them or what? Is that what's behind all these gazillion big boobed fat ladies with little variation except maybe for pose and camera angle renders I've been seeing lately? If it is, I don't think banning AI art's gonna be much help there.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:43 PM

Reward points can be used for buying gift certificates that you can use to discount your purchases. I am NOT happy with how people flood for points, but the writing was on the wall as soon as they announced uploads earn points and even more when straight up purchases only earn points if you are a Prime member. It is now baked into the cake. Even without AI, you render, reposition, render, reposition, render, upload and upload and win.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:54 PM

Oh my! Whose brilliant idea was that, I wonder? And what was in the pot instead of coffee that day?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 2:00 PM

Technically, it encourages people to render and upload their art. But when you really take your time and maybe don't have a super good computer  and have a life and cant crank out renders daily by the dozen yet like to work on actual ART... you know, maybe there is an easy path to abuse here that some well-intended designers may have missed.

(Yes, I am nice today).

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 2:39 PM

Confessing to being a slowpoke, even with a mostly new, mostly good computer. Reasons are varied, from the sometimes crazy circus that is my actual life to me being a lazybones who'd rather stay buried in a book when not rendering and also a nitpicker who just has to keep tinkering away on a piece until I am often more in danger of overworking it than not. Even with the AI tools everyone's been blaming for inundating all the Poser and other stuff in the galleries here & elsewhere, my output was rather small. Tons of stuff I could post, a lot of it based on my old Poser renders fed into Stable Diffusion and reworked, but still not up to my standards. Only 19 or 20 out of the lot actually made it into my gallery. So I'm definitely doing it all wrong. ;-)

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 11:15 PM

yeah I only found out a couple years ago and had accumulated enough to buy a few things, after that checked and put towards more things but now my purchases go unrewarded

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 8:46 AM

It comes down to quantity rather than quality now.  The more you dilute the gallery with repetitive renders and images the less likely your entries will be noticed.  As I mentioned before, you really need an outstanding thumbnail to draw attention to your art.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 9:29 AM

ha I don't care

the crap I uploaded the past 2 days added enough to my Render Rewards to help buy something on my Wishlist which was on sale

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 9:57 AM

There could be a solution to avoid the flooding: render awards per upload: in limited quantity (to be defined how much) but only once by 24 hours.
For example: 20 points if you upload something, be it 100 pictures or one. Or by 1, 2 6 or 12 hours never mind.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 10:18 AM

@hborre, it doesn't matter. What is rewarded is uploading as many pieces as possible, and purchases are only rewarded if you are a Prime member. I could go in right now and start to flood with the over 1000 renders I have on my hard drive, but well. I have integrity.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 10:25 AM

again I don't care, I still paid more than Prime members would have for what I bought

if they just rewarded everyone for purchases albeit less I could accumulate points with integrity

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 1:27 PM · edited Wed, 13 September 2023 at 1:28 PM

May or may not be relevant, but has anybody else picked up followers who have zero history and who apparently joined just today? Because I got a notification that somebody called WoodChicken has started following me but I don't have a clue who that might be. Haven't left any reviews on my work as of yet, so I don't know if that's any indication it's a bot. All kinds of those out there, a few are mostly harmless but others not so much.

Apologies if they're a real live person too busy or too shy to comment. Been spammed more than once by "following" bots on sites, therefore I am cautious.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:24 PM

I got the WoodChicken notification as well. I've seen a lot of those the last year or so. I never see any uploads or comments from any of them, so I'm assuming they're just here to download / steal artworks. I've never seen any of mine show up anywhere else, so it does have me wondering...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:28 PM

LOL! How much wood would a chicken chuck if a chicken would chuck wood?

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:37 PM
Online Now!
Byrdie posted at 1:27 PM Wed, 13 September 2023 - #4474527

May or may not be relevant, but has anybody else picked up followers who have zero history and who apparently joined just today? Because I got a notification that somebody called WoodChicken

Same here; following but no inpit.

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 4:46 PM

Locking this thread. If you need assistance with anything you think is suspicious please send me a sitemail directly. Thank you all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.