Sat, Aug 3, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Social Media Forum

JacquelineJ ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 11:43 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:00 PM
Forum Moderator
Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:23 PM

Would be helpful if maybe there was a link? And more information, thank you kindly. 

JacquelineJ ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:33 PM · edited Wed, 13 September 2023 at 2:34 PM
Forum Moderator
Byrdie posted at 1:23 PM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474485

Would be helpful if maybe there was a link? And more information, thank you kindly. 

@byrdie Thank you, I added the link and here is a article you can read.

https://www.renderosity.com/article/27373/renderosity-wants-to-hear-from-you

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 2:35 PM
Byrdie posted at 1:23 PM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474485

Here is direct link to the new forum

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/12598/social-media

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 10:22 AM · edited Thu, 14 September 2023 at 10:22 AM

Thanks. Don't use Instagram or the site that used to be Twitter -- I flat out refuse to call it that absolutely nonsensical alias it has now -- but have Liked or Followed or whatever on Facebook. Not sure if that counts as my FB handle is not the same as here. I also don't spend a whole lot of time on it, but I will check it out whenever you post there.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 8:33 AM

Can we tell you how much we hate social media.  Facebook has been losing marketshare steadily for the last year and half. Twitter is a mess since the purchase.  And the navel gazing site insta continues to be as shallow as ever. 

antony1 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 9:29 AM

I seriously hope that more and more people recognize how bad social media plattforms like facebook, twitter, instagram and others are for the society and specially for the mental health of our children. 

ladylake ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 9:53 AM

Don't use any of them....don't intend to.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 8:18 PM

never have had an account on any of them, generally always avoided them otherwise, have all browser gizmos i could find against their buttons/trackers on other sites - even if they still manage to sneak in quasi everywhere. the idea was interesting, but what has become of it is a global data kraken that messed up lives and privacy. if anything, social media should get banned from other sites, which should not be featuring their share/interaction buttons. like, you wanna do facebook? GO on facebook.

and while we're at it, if not already now, soon there will be AI on them in a form or another, so when this happens, quo vadis, rendo? two weights, two measures?

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

JacquelineJ ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 2:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback and concerns. Participation on social media is entirely up to each individual in our community and not a requirement. I understand how social media can be viewed as an opposing platform; however, at Renderosity, we want to turn it into something positive, share everyone's art with the world, and show our support and gratitude to each of you. Have a great day, and pop into our social media forum today for a sweet surprise!

FirstBastion ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2023 at 5:57 AM

To quote Alanis,  "How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?"

JacquelineJ ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 11:56 AM
Forum Moderator

#lovesocial

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2023 at 12:57 PM

CreatorJacqueline posted at 11:56 AM Fri, 22 September 2023 - #4475033

IJlIBiU1jwotze23PsoWXu1mN32pyu5taPO3N0ae.jpg

#lovesocial

Thank you so much, you are a sweetheart! 😍

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.