Thu, Oct 3, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: WIP = Convorming top for LaFemme

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 10:33 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

Ct2QqkbvIeN5rB0MZX6BZXcBDuh4U58eWjtzr0uj.jpgConforming top for LaFemme.   There does not seem to be many recent conforming items for LaFemme  since at least May, so I am having roll do my own :D

LaFemme, my headmorph, my conforming top, my texture

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 1:26 AM

Looks nice!

It does seem like most clothing these days is dynamic.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 10:15 AM

And since I find LH/LF are very easy to rig clothes for, I have no idea why.

Bill

EVargas ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 11:37 AM

Well done, lovely top you made.

willyb53 posted at 10:15 AM Sat, 23 September 2023 - #4475092

And since I find LH/LF are very easy to rig clothes for, I have no idea why.

Bill

I remember reading some previous threads about this. The thing is that when doing a commercial one, you have to predict many uses, so multiple original morphs and fitting to existing characters is almost always a must. So when considering time spent vs quality of results, choosing dynamic cloth is a no-brainer... it looks so much better!

Usually the con is not everyone has a fast computer, and simulating is not always a one-click thing depending on the software.

EVargas.Art

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 11:52 AM

When I use morphs on a character, I spawn a FBM, give it a reasonable name,, zero the figure and then set the FBM to 1.  Then copy morphs only requires 1 morph to copy to make the clothing fit the character.  Makes a much lighter, faster loading item

If you know how to use what is provided in the software, you do not need clothes with many morphs included

Bill

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 11:53 AM · edited Sat, 23 September 2023 at 11:54 AM

I like both. They each have their advantages.

Dynamic is easier to fit to morphs and even other figures. (I recently used a Kids 4 dynamic outfit on M4, just by scaling it up and letting it drape around M4.)

Conforming is easier, and easier to modify with transmaps. You can use transmaps on dynamic clothing, but it often looks weird, since the item will drape as if the hidden part is still there.

I also dislike the way the edges of dynamic clothes look. They don't look natural, since most real clothing has hems on edges. Some vendors do make dynamic items with thickness, or texture them so they look like they have thickness.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.