Fri, Oct 4, 11:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:01 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: markdown mondays

maneki_neko ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2023 at 1:56 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:44 AM

i always went immediately to the markdown mondays page.

but today i noticed that it's the same as for all recent sales: 60% for prime, and 40% only for all the rest of us. i am pretty sure - but i might be wrong, i tend to not notice details or misinterprete stuff - that not so long ago, markdowm mondays meant 60-70% for EVERYONE. please correct me if i'm wrong, it's not intentional.

so, 1 more sale i'm not longer interested in, it'd just the usual 40% for lesser users like always.

because stuff like this new constant difference everywhere (there often were 2 different %, but not to that extent i think, again correct me if i'm wrong) between prime and the lesser ones of us doesn't make me want to buy prime - and if i had considered it, certainly not at the new 60$ price!!! - it just makes me buy even less stuff altogether. stuff that i might have purchased at 60% but not at 40%. i mean, i can just wait until a general 50% sale to get what i "need" (we're talking 3d hobby stuff, right), why should i take a 40% "bargain"..

i am not a salesperson nor do i have a mind for numbers etc, but this prime/not prime system is not an incentive for me, rather a deterrent. where i live, while the average person is well off, i'm at the bottom of the food chain, and i have feline mouths to feed on top of everything. for me, the operative word to buy something, especially something i dont really need, is "CHEAP".

i recently got an unexpected and very welcome little cash prezzy - guess where i splurged the 80$ for a cart full of items at 89%... not 40%.
maybe not so cool for the PAs here and the survival of the site, but hey, nobody is gonna feed me from here when my cupboard is empty, so...
there were times where i could afford buying a lot more here (never been rich but still have 5 pages of orders with multiple items, sometimes even 15 per order), and i even subscribed prime a few times as it was 30$ too.

but feeling as a 2nd class user/buyer is not an incentive to spend money i anyway don't have for this. especially since the AI ban also made me feel like a 2nd class creator (nope, not using artist, but then again who is, i don't use it for anyone unless their stuff blows my mind - not the majority).

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2023 at 9:45 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Event rules often change month to month .. they are not always starndard. Something that is only for PRIME members might be for all next month or visa versa. This is why you need to check articles at the Deals page :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

maneki_neko ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2023 at 2:30 PM
-renapd- posted at 9:45 AM Mon, 25 September 2023 - #4475244

Event rules often change month to month .. they are not always starndard. Something that is only for PRIME members might be for all next month or visa versa. This is why you need to check articles at the Deals page :)

i check the deals page fairly often, daily even - but i feel there's a recent general trend going on there, and not necessarily in a direction which would motivate me to splurge...

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.