Mon, Sep 9, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Anything like D3D's Perfect Skin or EZSkin that works with Poser 12 and 13?

Andrew_C ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 2:42 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 9:08 AM

Anything like D3D's Perfect Skin or EZSkin that works with Poser 12 and 13? I could always keep Poser 11 installed, I suppose.

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 3:06 PM

Snarly's EZSkin... 2 I think it is, works in Poser 12 and 13 to get you a good starting point.

Sunfire's Creations

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 3:08 PM
hborre ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 3:27 PM

Snarly's script has been modified by YPhil to work in P13.  Currently, EZSkin 3 is been revamped to work more efficiently with Cycles.

Andrew_C ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2023 at 4:07 PM

Thats great to hear, thanks.

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2023 at 7:05 PM · edited Sat, 07 October 2023 at 7:09 PM

Tried to use that script in the latest update thru the script menu all I got was this error RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file
I put it here D:\Poser13\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu like the txt read

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2023 at 9:07 PM

Which EZSkin version did you download?  The current version is EZSkin 3.2.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2023 at 10:28 AM

For Poser 13, you need EZSkin 3.2 from the site above. It works great.

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2023 at 3:26 PM

same bad magic number is my result downloaded 3.2 no love

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2023 at 4:01 PM

Where is your Poser 13 installation?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2023 at 6:01 AM

Be careful: the V3.2 has no compiled python in it, all files contained in the correct EZSkin3.2.zip file are  ending with ".py".
So that it looks like you are still launching the old version.
To mimic Poser's notation, the compiled file your are still launching is probably somewhere here: "Runtime : Python : poserScripts : ScriptsMenu" or in one of its sub-folders, remove it and replace it with "EZSkin3.py"
Then check EZSkin's config for the correct path to the "Custom Shaders"

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2023 at 9:00 AM

Instead of replacing it, rename it just in case you may need to refer to it again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.