Sat, Aug 3, 9:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Rotating a figure or object

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2023 at 8:36 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 9:44 AM

Most of the time when I use that ball on the left of the screen in Poser, the scene seems to rotate around the figure. But every now and then rotate around some other origin so the figure quickly rotates off screen. That makes it had to set up you shot to render. You have to keep rotating and then dragging to get the figure back in the scene. So why does this happen? And how do I get it back to the normal rotation.

Thanks.

Richard60 ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2023 at 8:53 PM

Which camera are you using?  Also, if you move a figure off center and use frame it will center it back up but when the main camera is rotated will behave as you stated.  You might want to use the pose camera to setup your figure(s) and the main camera to get the shot.  Without seeing what you did and which camera you selected or the mode you used it will be very hard to tell yo9u how to get back to a plain camera setup.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2023 at 9:27 PM

I pretty much have used the main camera for everything. And then when I have the scene about set, I switch to the auxillary camera to make any adjustments. I forgot about the posing camera. I'll have to give it a go.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2023 at 6:14 AM · edited Wed, 11 October 2023 at 6:16 AM

MeInOhio posted at 9:27 PM Tue, 10 October 2023 - #4476093

I pretty much have used the main camera for everything. And then when I have the scene about set, I switch to the auxillary camera to make any adjustments. I forgot about the posing camera. I'll have to give it a go.

And don't forget  this tool QoYwxS5p8VfeP9WTOXRASPpIvdOdi6W7DLh169Ia.png

JceyQLKldI9P3lLrs2NB5jmHDw5IQ81O0qjrNMQr.png

Alt-click to reset a memory dot, click on an empty to store, on a non-empty to reselect the right cam and move it at the right position

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2023 at 6:39 AM
Site Admin

Also don't forget to check orbit selected mode. That controls the action you describe.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

MeInOhio ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2023 at 12:24 PM

Thanks for sharing your tips. I'll keep them all in mind going forward.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.