Sun, Oct 6, 4:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:34 pm)

Subject: Import HD morphs

unrealblue ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2023 at 10:22 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 4:17 PM

Is there still no way to import an OBJ as an HD morph?

simplest workflow:

1. set figure subd to 1

2. export figure as OBJ at that mesh subdivision

3. import that OBJ into blender (keeping vert order).  Sculpt.  Export the sculpted mesh in the same vert order

4. Now, nothing.  Poser can't import at anything other than the base mesh resolution

Not even a work around, as the Python API does not seem to have a way to manipulate the verts of a subdivided mesh.

The only hack I know of is to pull apart a file, with an HD morph, look at how the file is composed.  Then write a program that can take a Blender sculpted HD object to "hack" the morph into the file.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2023 at 10:10 AM

So far from what I know only GoZ to zbrush will manage that.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

blackbonner ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2023 at 5:19 AM

I would recommend watching the YouTube from a fellow named Tony Vilters.

He described in great detail how to handle poser geometry, exporting it from Poser to Blender, sculpting HD morphs and backe them onto the original geometry in Poser by using the morph brush tool. Very informative stuff, unfortunately the guy has vanished, but he was kind enough not to delete his videos or pull his channel entirely. The channel name is Tony Vilters.

unrealblue ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2023 at 5:48 PM

blackbonner posted at 5:19 AM Sun, 22 October 2023 - #4476630

I would recommend watching the YouTube from a fellow named Tony Vilters.

He described in great detail how to handle poser geometry, exporting it from Poser to Blender, sculpting HD morphs and backe them onto the original geometry in Poser by using the morph brush tool. Very informative stuff, unfortunately the guy has vanished, but he was kind enough not to delete his videos or pull his channel entirely. The channel name is Tony Vilters.

Cool, thanks.

He's working with original meshes (ie: those that have not been manipulated in Poser, thus have not had vert order changed).  I wrote a Blender add-on that corrects Poser's exported vert order back to the original vert order.  Takes a split second to run :)  This way you can work with meshes that have been morphed in Poser.

The technique he describes is what I use.  It seems to be the only way.  It's a brutally manual process.  I was hoping for something I can automate.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.